Florida Talking Vaccine Passport For Cruises Now?

Rollin Tide

33 minutes ago, regoodwinjr said:

There was no definitive statement on anything. This is similar to what happened a few months ago when everyone was upset that Carnival said no vaccines but they didn't actually say that then or make any commitment now.

Right, but Christine said that right now it does look like people will need to be vaccinated.  I am just going off of the latest statement from Carnival.  Yes, they can keep flip flopping, but at some point they are going to need to make a decision for July and August cruisers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Right, but Christine said that right now it does look like people will need to be vaccinated.  I am just going off of the latest statement from Carnival.  Yes, they can keep flip flopping, but at some point they are going to need to make a decision for July and August cruisers.

What RCL did was statement and Carnival will come out with something similar. Yesterday was more of the same we shouldn't be treated differently but just stated differently. Carnival wants to be able to say they're are sailing vaccinated but at the same allow under 12.  This is probably what they're waiting on from the CDC by possibility changing it to 90% vaccinated or wording change for only people who are eligible for the vaccine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regoodwinjr said:

What RCL did was statement and Carnival will come out with something similar. Yesterday was more of the same we shouldn't be treated differently but just stated differently. Carnival wants to be able to say they're are sailing vaccinated but at the same allow under 12.  This is probably what they're waiting on from the CDC by possibility changing it to 90% vaccinated or wording change for only people who are eligible for the vaccine. 

It definitely looks like Carnival really wants to find a way to include 12 and under on their cruises since they can't get vaccinated.  Surely Carnival needs to let July cruisers something firm within 30 days of their cruises.

It would be much easier for Carnival to enforce mask mandates on children than on  everyone.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

It definitely looks like Carnival really wants to find a way to include 12 and under on their cruises since they can't get vaccinated.  Surely Carnival needs to let July cruisers something firm within 30 days of their cruises.

It would be much easier for Carnival to enforce mask mandates on children than on  everyone.

Yes. I am scheduled for July 10th but I am not in a hurry since Carnival extended my final payment from tomorrow to July 16 on my September MG sailing.  Our situation is different than most since we don't need flights. They're the ones that need information.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 1:18 PM, MCC retired said:

Recall "We are all in this together" messages?

It appears we are all not .

Come on folks , get those shots and lets get past this sooner than latter.

Not fair to the cruise industry and vaccinated  guests , to risk an outbreak of the virus onboard 

that would  setback the return of cruising .

Personally, I think if anyone will get the covid19 on a cruise it would be a person that did not get vaccinated. The chance of an outbreak I think is minimal at best. If a person has the signs they will be tested and quarantined immediately. All ships now have quarantine locations. Not your cabin. They all have a medical staff to handle it now. 

• Like 2

There’s asymptomatic folks out there. I was one of them, had no idea I had Covid until my roommate came home saying he tested positive. Naturally I went and got tested and came up positive as well. He ended up in the hospital with respiratory failure being put on a ventilator at the age of 39. While I also 39, experienced not a single symptom. He just came home two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in March. This is a far more serious matter than people think. It’s scary and sad. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Personally, I think if anyone will get the covid19 on a cruise it would be a person that did not get vaccinated. The chance of an outbreak I think is minimal at best. If a person has the signs they will be tested and quarantined immediately. All ships now have quarantine locations. Not your cabin. They all have a medical staff to handle it now. 

How many cases? The more severe cases they may be able to keep alive until the ship can dock and offload the passenger. Like they do with heart attacks and other serious illnesses. The infirmary is not a full service hospital, and has to treat crew and passengers alike. A cruise is not worth someone's life.

1 minute ago, Cruise Related said:

There’s asymptomatic folks out there. I was one of them, had no idea I had Covid until my roommate came home saying he tested positive. Naturally I went and got tested and came up positive as well. He ended up in the hospital with respiratory failure being put on a ventilator at the age of 39. While I also 39, experienced not a single symptom. He just came home two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in March. This is a far more serious matter than people think. It’s scary and sad. 

Agree, It IS far more serious. Mostly for those who choose not to get vaccinated. Those who cannot, they must be specially careful. Those who choose not to just because or they fear a side effect, might want to think more than twice on their decision. My family got covid19 at my grand sons birthday party. We were all very lucky and recovered. All of us got the vaccine except my son. He is one of those that feels it is not safe to get it. At least he has antibodies. His lady friend had to get the shot. She is a teacher.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Agree, It IS far more serious. Mostly for those who choose not to get vaccinated. Those who cannot, they must be specially careful. Those who choose not to just because or they fear a side effect, might want to think more than twice on their decision. My family got covid19 at my grand sons birthday party. We were all very lucky and recovered. All of us got the vaccine except my son. He is one of those that feels it is not safe to get it. At least he has antibodies. His lady friend had to get the shot. She is a teacher.

Maybe he gave it to you... ever think of that? 🤔

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

How many cases? The more severe cases they may be able to keep alive until the ship can dock and offload the passenger. Like they do with heart attacks and other serious illnesses. The infirmary is not a full service hospital, and has to treat crew and passengers alike. A cruise is not worth someone's life.

As I mentioned. I do not think there will be any outbreak. The infirmary is now far larger and with more rooms and staff. At least that is what I read about the changes the cruise lines have done to the ships. Sounds like you are against cruising. Fine. Do not go.

• Like 2

Fortunately, we are all vaccinated now. Albeit, with the J&J, but some protection is better than none. Granted we have antibodies as well, but why take risk? 

2 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

She was at the birthday party and gave it to all of us. She was coughing a lot. Everyone else was fine.

Sorry, meant to quote "cruise related" and ask them that question... no wonder why I was confused by your response.  🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

His lady friend gave it to him and you at the same time?  🤔🤯

Ah, so this was directed at me? No, he’s the store manager at a gas station on folly beach,sc. Our governor just lifted our mask mandate. It was the first 80+ degree day of the season, a bunch of kids walked into the store without mask. We think that’s when he contracted it. He started showing symptoms a few days later. Yet my wife and I showed nothing, we figured it was a cold and not Covid (ignorance on our part) because we showed no symptoms but he did, this went on for a few more days. He kept getting worse, one day he was completely fine, two days later, I found him on the floor of his room unable to speak or react in any capacity to my questions. So no, his lady friend didn’t give it to him nor me.  

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

She was at the birthday party and gave it to all of us. She was coughing a lot. Everyone else was fine.

This is the biggest problem.  People who are coughing a lot due to a sickness should not attend indoor events.  They should actually just stay home.  You would think after everything that has happened, people would have some consideration and common sense to not be near people when they are sick.

• Like 2

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

This is the biggest problem.  People who are coughing a lot due to a sickness should not attend indoor events.  They should actually just stay home.  You would think after everything that has happened, people would have some consideration and common sense to not be near people when they are sick.

Well she lives with my son. So that is home. She did not know she had covid19. We all found that out about 2 days later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Related said:

I guess your roommate forgot to read all the posts that say that Covid is only dangerous to the elderly and those who already have medical problems. 

Sorry to hear about him, but glad after the ordeal he must have went through he came out alive, and hopefully with no long term effects.

Your post also shows how diverse and unpredictable the disease can be.

To everyone, get the vaccinations. If you are worried about side effects, think of the possible side effects of Covid instead.

• Like 4

Well she lives with my son. So that is home. She did not know she had covid19. We all found that out about 2 days later. 

A former coworker of mine attended a Christmas get together which ended up being a little covid spreader.  He never did get covid, but his two adult daughters did.   

I just think people who are coughing a lot should err on the side of caution and limit close contact.  When my son and his BIL got covid and went to a family Thanksgiving meal 5 days later, nobody at the meal got covid.  However, they didn't start having symptoms until the 6th day.

49 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

"We know that a person with COVID-19 may be contagious 48 hours before starting to experience symptoms."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/if-youve-been-exposed-to-the-coronavirus#:~:text=The time from exposure to,starting to experience symptoms.

Yeah, but that's from Harvard.  Don't forget they were only authoritative until February of last year.

4 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

As I mentioned. I do not think there will be any outbreak. The infirmary is now far larger and with more rooms and staff. At least that is what I read about the changes the cruise lines have done to the ships. Sounds like you are against cruising. Fine. Do not go.

I can almost guarantee there will be an outbreak. Have you ever been to the infirmary on a cruise ship? Where are they going to expand it to? Take more space from the crew?

I am all in on safe cruising and plan on cruising next month. And plan on living to tell about it.