Florida Talking Vaccine Passport For Cruises Now?

Rollin Tide

44 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Well, I can walk into any grocery store or restaurant and am treated just the same as an unvaccinated person.  People who have had covid have immunities too.  I guess that doesn't matter, even though it's real.

Did any store or restaurant anywhere ever ask anyone for proof of vaccination in order to refuse service or was the Florida action a preemptive strike to keep it from happening?

Just wondering because it was never an issue elsewhere - at least not that I know of.

Edited by Babr

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

But did the doctor have a loyalty program?

The government can be trusted. But the government can be inept and corrupted as we know. More on Fauci is coming out now. To you a hero. To others another human with power who has abused it and is far more then what we see. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The stats across the country are clear - if you are an older person or a person of any age with certain medical conditions, you should absolutely get the vaccine because if you get COVID, your chances of getting seriously ill or dying increase dramatically.   And it is up to those people to protect themselves.  I got the vaccine but anyone under 40 who is healthy with no medical conditions doesn't feel they want to take it, I don't blame them - the virus will most likely not harm them.  Yes, there are outliers, but I am talking the majority.   If the people that need the vaccine, get the vaccine, hospitalizations and deaths would drop dramatically.  The problem is people that should be getting the vaccine aren't.  In my township, only 67% of people over 65 are fully vaccinated and vaccines are readily available.   Therefore, hospitalizations and deaths in this age group will continue.  And this is consistent throughout the US.

As far as cruising goes, regardless of vaccinated or unvaccinated, I'm not cruising if I have to mask up while eating in the MDR or walking around the ship.  I will take my vacation dollars elsewhere until I can freely cruise.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Read it again. Every word.

Hint: The Covid section of the law has the same wording as in two sections of the EO. Also read the complete law, not just the add on Covid section.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us there buddy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kleibo said:

The stats across the country are clear - if you are an older person or a person of any age with certain medical conditions, you should absolutely get the vaccine because if you get COVID, your chances of getting seriously ill or dying increase dramatically.   And it is up to those people to protect themselves.  I got the vaccine but anyone under 40 who is healthy with no medical conditions doesn't feel they want to take it, I don't blame them - the virus will most likely not harm them.  Yes, there are outliers, but I am talking the majority.   If the people that need the vaccine, get the vaccine, hospitalizations and deaths would drop dramatically.  The problem is people that should be getting the vaccine aren't.  In my township, only 67% of people over 65 are fully vaccinated and vaccines are readily available.   Therefore, hospitalizations and deaths in this age group will continue.  And this is consistent throughout the US.

As far as cruising goes, regardless of vaccinated or unvaccinated, I'm not cruising if I have to mask up while eating in the MDR or walking around the ship.  I will take my vacation dollars elsewhere until I can freely cruise.

The problem with younger people not getting the vaccine is that it allows the virus to continue to circulate. It may be at lower rate with less drastic consequences, but it allows it to mutate. So far these variants have been covered by the current vaccines, but I worry about another nasty one popping up. Viet Nam has done well until now. I think that is reminder that we still need to be cautious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Babr said:

I don’t think it is limited to a single group. Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers don’t necessarily share the same mindset with pro-choice people, but I have seen both groups using the same slogan. I, too, wondered about it.

Well, if the statements are invalid for one, then they are invalid for the other. lol

• Like 2

This is getting ridiculous,  This is my opinion At the end of the day, if you are not vaccinated and they allow non vaccinated people to cruise you will have to wear a mask almost everywhere, and social distance and give up so much more that we all know and love about cruising,  Is that really what you want?  I don't think so.  So let the first cruises go out for only vaccinated people and when everything turns out ok (hopefully) within a couple months they will start cruises for unvaccinated with lots less restrictions.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I believe there is a portion of the "I'm not taking the vaccine" crowd that is the same people that would tell you night is light and day is dark. They have that "Karen" mentality that nobody knows anything more than they do. Even scientists that have been studying viruses for 30 year.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MissyKish said:

I believe there is a portion of the "I'm not taking the vaccine" crowd that is the same people that would tell you night is light and day is dark. They have that "Karen" mentality that nobody knows anything more than they do. Even scientists that have been studying viruses for 30 year.

Welcome to CC.  It looks like you recently joined and then hopped right into the debates.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lele100 said:

This is getting ridiculous,  This is my opinion At the end of the day, if you are not vaccinated and they allow non vaccinated people to cruise you will have to wear a mask almost everywhere, and social distance and give up so much more that we all know and love about cruising,  Is that really what you want?  I don't think so.  So let the first cruises go out for only vaccinated people and when everything turns out ok (hopefully) within a couple months they will start cruises for unvaccinated with lots less restrictions.  

I guess in the end Carnival and the rest of the cruise lines will have to sleep in the bed they make. I'm pretty confident that my November cruise will be 'fine' but I'm certainly not prepared to book an earlier one until I know the protocol in place. I'm not uncomfortable sailing with unvaccinated pax. I'm just not interested in the headaches mandated by the CDC if I do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jsglow said:

I guess in the end Carnival and the rest of the cruise lines will have to sleep in the bed they make. I'm pretty confident that my November cruise will be 'fine' but I'm certainly not prepared to book an earlier one until I know the protocol in place. I'm not uncomfortable sailing with unvaccinated pax. I'm just not interested in the headaches mandated by the CDC if I do.

If I didn't have such a sweet deal for my August cruise, I would just rebook.  I will never get this kind of deal if I do, so I am just waiting it out.  If I had known that nothing would be decided for summer cruises by June, then I never would have chosen August.  I think fall cruises are a much better choice.  I'm not afraid of cruising with unvaccinated people, I just know the CDC has ridiculous mask requirements for the unvaccinated and I am sure those rules will apply to everyone on the ship.  

I am willing to do what it takes to cruise because I am still excited about the deal I got and cruising on a new ship.  The pros outweigh the cons for me at this point.  But if I were booking a cruise now, there is no way I would choose anything before fall.

• Like 4

That's kinda where we're at right now. 

Carnival has chosen the test cruise route because they want families with children to be able to cruise, which I think is an admiral decision.

The CDC has chosen draconian masks protocols for cruises that are not fully vaccinated. 

So, add the two together, and that is what you get. 

It's really that simple. 

It's up to you to decide which cruise to book on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Carnival has chosen the test cruise route because they want families with children to be able to cruise, which I think is an admiral decision.

Can you provide a link where Carnival has actually stated that? Or dates of the test cruises?

By comparison, Disney has done both, but Disney is dependent on children.

4 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Can you provide a link where Carnival has actually stated that? Or dates of the test cruises?

By comparison, Disney has done both, but Disney is dependent on children.

Yes please provide that link.   I did not read anywhere that Carnival has decided to do test cruises

Edited by lele100

I think their summer cruises from Florida probably have too many families booked to make it financially beneficial for them to sail with only vaccinated passengers.  Their cruises from ports outside of Florida may take the Alaskan cruise route and do vaccinated only.

Edited by TNcruising02

5 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

The article is guessing. Carnival has permission to try test sailings if they want to. The article  even states Carnival could opt to go the vaccine route. I was asking for something directly from Carnival.

4 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I think their summer cruises from Florida probably have too many families booked to make it financially beneficial for them to sail with only vaccinated passengers.  Their cruises from ports outside of Florida may take the Alaskan cruise route and do vaccinated only.

If Florida accidentally wins their lawsuit, the Alaska cruises would become illegal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe Carnival is in the mix, maybe not

In addition, the CDC said it has approved or provisionally approved four requests to conduct simulated voyages with six more requests under review. 

The CDC noted it has approved and has received and provisionally approved two conditional sailing certificates for highly vaccinated cruises.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25145-cdc-is-quickly-approving-port-agreements-homeports-and-test-voyages.html

Edited by BlerkOne

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Read the announcement that the Port of Galveston has to say about test cruises, and a whole lot more:

https://www.portofgalveston.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=171

I would prefer to see an actual announcement from Carnival on their path forward and not from a third party unless it is the CDC. Having permission to plan test cruises and actually scheduling them is not the same.

3 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I would prefer to see an actual announcement from Carnival on their path forward and not from a third party unless it is the CDC. Having permission to plan test cruises and actually scheduling them is not the same.

I agree. But in the absence of a Carnival announcement, it's sure better than nothing.  Carnival is not very transparent, are they?