Additional summer cancelations on Infinity, Millenium, Reflection

JackAms

Just got an email from Celebrity. We were on Infinity in July.

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to provide an update on the status of your 2021 cruise vacation. The Royal Caribbean Group has been working closely with health and government authorities, in each country we sail from, to outline a clear path for cruising with new health and safety measures. As we thoughtfully plan our return to service, we are evaluating all current itineraries and the status of travel conditions around the world. This means some of our sailings will need to be modified while others will need to be cancelled. At this time Celebrity Cruises will be suspending several Summer 2021 sailings aboard Celebrity Infinity®, Celebrity Millennium® and Celebrity Reflection®.

Unfortunately, our adjusted sailing schedules will require cancellation of your upcoming cruise vacation. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes as we value your vacation time and want to ensure you have the best experience possible on a Celebrity cruise. At this time, we would like to offer you the opportunity to be re-accommodated on another Celebrity Cruises vacation or to receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) or a 100% Refund.

For all of us waiting for news on our cruises. No good news, but at least it is known now

May I say I got flamed on the Oceania board when I mentioned how =X= emailed directly about our cancelled cruises, while O left it up to the TA to deliver the news.  Several said I was in the wrong for suggesting both the TA and the guest ought to be copied on such an email....that the TA exclusively should be in contact with the cruise operator.  As painful as it is to receive such news (and we've received it 5 times) I appreciate the direct contact from =X=.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, marieps said:

May I say I got flamed on the Oceania board when I mentioned how =X= emailed directly about our cancelled cruises, while O left it up to the TA to deliver the news.  Several said I was in the wrong for suggesting both the TA and the guest ought to be copied on such an email....that the TA exclusively should be in contact with the cruise operator.  As painful as it is to receive such news (and we've received it 5 times) I appreciate the direct contact from =X=.  

I've little experience with advance changes made to my cruises with Celebrity, but when I have, it was always from the TA, never directly from Celebrity. Typically, I'd read about the change on CC in posts from passengers who booked with Celebrity, then I would receive an email from the TA sometime thereafter. Last year, one of our cruises was first shortened by a couple of days and the itinerary adjusted, for reasons not related to COVID, and subsequently cancelled because of COVID. All related correspondence was via our TA. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I've little experience with advance changes made to my cruises with Celebrity, but when I have, it was always from the TA, never directly from Celebrity.

That's weird, since I have had a different experience.  Could it be different in Canada than in the US?  BTW I miss the Sens mask.  It was very stylish.   And I repeat, Go Bruins.

• Like 1

The updated list of canceled cruises appears here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

...And our previously booked July 19 Infinity cruise is now on the list.  This makes me doubly glad that I took affirmative action when they also changed up my Apex cruise...and switched the Infinity to another Apex cruise...to now go back-to-back on Apex...Doing that earlier, rather than now, enabled me to be able to get the best options on airfare, book my Athens hotel and, most importantly, save me sweating out this inevitable news...

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

...And our previously booked July 19 Infinity cruise is now on the list.  This makes me doubly glad that I took affirmative action when they also changed up my Apex cruise...and switched the Infinity to another Apex cruise...to now go back-to-back on Apex...Doing that earlier, rather than now, enabled me to be able to get the best options on airfare, book my Athens hotel and, most importantly, save me sweating out this inevitable news...

B2B on Apex sounds like a DREAM!!

1 minute ago, keels81 said:

B2B on Apex sounds like a DREAM!!

It truly is...after a year and a half of not cruising ANYWHERE...

But, for those who just had other cruises canceled, those Apex cruises are still available for booking.  We're doing July 31/August 7...because that gets us different itineraries on the two legs.  Actually both go to Santorini and Rhodes, but the July 31 goes to Ashdod/Jerusalem and Haifa while the August 7 goes to Mykonos and Crete...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, marieps said:

That's weird, since I have had a different experience.  Could it be different in Canada than in the US?  BTW I miss the Sens mask.  It was very stylish.   And I repeat, Go Bruins.

Interesting question. Other than pricing in CAD, I've never noticed any difference between the US and Canadian websites, but maybe you have the right idea. Another possibility is that with the shortened itinerary, we were given a number of options and it made sense for passengers to discuss them with their TA.

And Go Habs too! Sens mask back at the start of next season. 😊

Bleh, of course they have only cancelled Infinity Europe through the end of July, when it's pretty obvious the Infinity is going nowhere except the auction or sales block... so they are hoping people will have to make final payments while Celebrity only cancels within the final payment window...  this is leaving a very sour taste in my mouth... I've peacefully dealt with about S class 10 cancellations by Celebrity in the last 18 months, but they way they have handled Constellation & Infinity Europe cruises, not allowing normal lift & shifts, cancelling only at the very last second feels like we are being played when it comes to M class in Europe. 😞

• Like 1

Strange they've cancelled the 10-12-21 westbound Panama Canal on Millennium, but not (my) 10-27-21 eastbound from San Diego to Ft. Lauderdale.  One wonders how they'd do it, all though since Summit will have some Alaska season, I've been expecting an announcement of a ship swap there.  I suppose we'll find out shortly.

EDIT:  Very shortly.  I realize now the Millennium will be heading to Alaska, rather than the summit, so likely our eastbound canal cruise will happen. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

The question is, why are the Med cruises on Apex and Edge being cancelled in October but Reflection cruises there are still on?? Reflection is going to the same countries ( Italy, Greece, Israel, Turkey).

19 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

This link is dated April 8th 2021 which is not very current.  We are still waiting for information about our Sept 9th Infinity cruise of Spain and Portugal. Our FP is due next week. When our TA asks Celebrity about our cruise all she gets is the standard reply, "The cruise is still scheduled" from X.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

Called my X Vacation Planner on 5/11 and he advised  that we do NOT pay for our cruise  on the Infinity 8/9/21 (final payment date was 5/11/21). Our booking will NOT be deleted for non-payment.  It is likely that the cruise will be suspended. Then at that time we could decide what we want to do.  Most likely we will get an email from X.  I have a call again to our VP to see what is up with this cruise in August.

2 minutes ago, danklcsw said:

I had to log in last week to find our Vienna to Rome 7/11/21 Infinity cruise cancelled. We have yet to get an email notifying us

Did you book directly or with a TA?  If a TA,  Celebrity notifies the TA and the TA is responsible to notify you. 

7 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Vienna to Rome would be an interesting cruise!

I want to try that one too. Venice to Rome is more doable however. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

We work w a TA who also wasn’t notified. TA said cruise was still “open” w their Celebrity link. On my Celebrity reservation portal it is cancelled. TA will get back to me tomorrow to hopefully finalize cancellation. With my June Baltic cruise I got email immediately after announcement w link to choose reimbursement type. Still waiting for the final partial payment.

I got directly notified by Celebrity on email, even though I have a TA. I think there may be a question of what your email preferences are. Also the change is supposedly just a ship change, supposedly when all is said and done it's the same cruise and same cabin on a different ship.

We were due to sail out of Venice on Infinity July 11 2021.  Received an email notice from Celebrity last week.  Gave them a call and they simply lifted & shifted us to the same cruise (with a different but IMHO better itinerary) on 10 July 2022. We've got a slightly better Concierge cabin and all 'perks' transferred at no extra cost.  Most importantly, they have honoured our FCC from our Jan 2020 cruise which was due to expire in Jan 2022.

Even more surprising was that Easyjet have allowed us to move our flights by 12 months with no penalty.  The new schedules are out for their flights up until end September 2022, so we feel pretty lucky!