Will there Be a test sailing with Harmony of the Seas

The test cruise will be the first paying cruiser's that board Harmony on August 15th......if it doesn't go well there will not be a second cruise on Harmony till much later.

I think no matter where any of these ships cruise from will all be test cruises in the beginning no matter if they are paying customers or not.

Goes bad, end of cruising again for who knows how long.

All these ships sailing with American's will be much different, American's don't like to follow rules.

Time will tell how it goes.

Edited by Jimbo

Does anyone know  for August 15th sailing from Barcelona, will it be for unvaccined passengers too or just vaccinated passengers.

For this sailing what are the current conditions at each ports it travels to. Will these ports even allow cruise passengers to get off a ship at this time.

What  would the current protocols be if it would sail tomorrow, I know by August things could change.

Flights in to and out of Spain at this time for Americans, what would be the procedure, any restrictions. What would it be currently.

If some of these countries are still in Amber, will the cruise still be able to go?

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Does anyone know  for August 15th sailing from Barcelona, will it be for unvaccined passengers too or just vaccinated passengers.

For this sailing what are the current conditions at each ports it travels to. Will these ports even allow cruise passengers to get off a ship at this time.

What  would the current protocols be if it would sail tomorrow, I know by August things could change.

Flights in to and out of Spain at this time for Americans, what would be the procedure, any restrictions. What would it be currently.

If some of these countries are still in Amber, will the cruise still be able to go?

So far, RCI doesn´t know whether you need to be vaccinated for this cruise.

All other questions can´t be answered right now either. So far all Med cruises (Italy, Greece, Spain) do have a bubble concept meaning no individual shore tours.

Currently all cruise lines do an Antigen test prior to boarding. You have to wear masks. 

Spain opens the ports today, France is supposed to follow. Italian ports are open. So by August the regular itinerary of the Harmony should be doable.

None of the cruise lines so far did care about any regulations of other countries (referring to your "Amber"). So MSC did Malta while it was considered high risk country here in Germany. All onboard got tested after the port stop. Cruises in Greece have just started although Greece is still a risk country for us Germans. TUI Cruises and AIDA nevertheless cruise there. So it´s sort of "your problem" what you have to do after you return back home. All cruise lines so far do offer Antigen tests onboard in case you need a test for flying back home.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

My cruise on Harmony is suppose to leave from Rome on the 23rd.......but when I loaded the app on my phone, it says my cruise is on the 26th.

So whats the story, will there or will there be no sailings from Rome?

Why does my app on the phone have us leaving on the 26th?

Edited by Jimbo

Just now, Jimbo said:

My cruise on Harmony is suppose to leave from Rome on the 23rd.......but when I laded the app on my phone, it says my cruise is on the 26th.

So whats the story, will there or will there be no sailings from Rome?

Why does my app on the phone have us leaving on the 26th?

RCI IT doesn't handle interporting well - it probably considers Barcelona as the "home port" and lists dates relative to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Biker19 said:

RCI IT doesn't handle interporting well - it probably considers Barcelona as the "home port" and lists dates relative to that.

Yes, I believe I have seen mention of this sort of issue before on interporting cruises. I think the issue I saw (but can't remember when this was) was people not being to book excursions ahead of time if they were boarding at the "secondary" departure point because the excursions were only loaded in relation to the "main" departure point.

The Rome September sailings are still showing available to book on  the website.

Does anyone know if it is still going on 22nd august? I have booked and they are now chasing me for the balance of £22k. I tried to call them but didn't get far. The operator said she didn't know if it was going and when I asked if Ipaid the balance and it didn't go would I get a refund she said she coldn't guarantee it! No chance I'm paying this balance with that knowledge but if I cancel now they get to keep the deposit which seems really unfair.

23 minutes ago, Willow3006 said:

Does anyone know if it is still going on 22nd august? I have booked and they are now chasing me for the balance of £22k. I tried to call them but didn't get far. The operator said she didn't know if it was going and when I asked if Ipaid the balance and it didn't go would I get a refund she said she coldn't guarantee it! No chance I'm paying this balance with that knowledge but if I cancel now they get to keep the deposit which seems really unfair.

Wasn't your balance all ready due for a August 22nd sailing?...........I know mine is coming up for a September 26th sailing.

My issue is the if I pay the final. We allready know we are going to cancel because we don't feel safwe traveling overseas right now and touring around Europe at this time. 

So we would cancel like 72 hours before the sailing if it sails as scheduled. The  FCC must be used to sail by September 30th 2022. Wish that FCC was good until 2023 because we all ready have cruises for  2022 all ready stacked up.

We would only be laying out about $3800 though for our Owner's Suite, so no near as much money as you are laying out.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wasn't your balance all ready due for a August 22nd sailing?...........I know mine is coming up for a September 26th sailing.

My issue is the if I pay the final. We allready know we are going to cancel because we don't feel safwe traveling overseas right now and touring around Europe at this time. 

So we would cancel like 72 hours before the sailing if it sails as scheduled. The  FCC must be used to sail by September 22nd 2022. Wish that FCC was good until 2023 because we all ready have cruises for  2022 all ready stacked up.

We would only be laying out about $3800 though for our Owner's Suite, so no near as much money as you are laying out.

Why don't you feel safe traveling overseas.....the issues are equal, or in many cases safer than at home.  For example, I spent 9 days in Morocco.....it was perfectly fine and normal except for the lack of Europeans still under unnecessary lock downs. I might add I live in Florida where we experience normalcy now for months.....

Just now, Joseph2017China said:

Why don't you feel safe traveling overseas.....the issues are equal, or in many cases safer than at home.  For example, I spent 9 days in Morocco.....it was perfectly fine and normal except for the lack of Europeans still under unnecessary lock downs. I might add I live in Florida where we experience normalcy now for months.....

My wife has a medical condition that made the vaccine shot not effective because of a compromised immune system. Feel it would be safer to go in 2022 or 2023.........Hoping we can somehow L&S it. Working on it with my travel agent and Royal Caribbean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willow3006 said:

If they keep to their planned restart dates then, yes, the 22nd of August, which is out of Barcelona, will be going. The first sailing is the week before, on the 15th of August.

However, the Rome departures have been cancelled until September, so the first passengers joining in Rome will not be boarding until the 2nd of September.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Wasn't your balance all ready due for a August 22nd sailing?...........

Depends on where they booked. Different rules for different places. For example, if I had booked through a Portuguese travel agent instead of a US one, my final payment date would be 30 days before the sailing date.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Depends on where they booked. Different rules for different places. For example, if I had booked through a Portuguese travel agent instead of a US one, my final payment date would be 30 days before the sailing date.

Wow, really a much different amount..............30 compared to 90 days for final payment. Wonder why so different?

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow, really a much different amount..............30 compared to 90 days for final payment. Wonder why so different?

I honestly don't know. Here in Portugal, 30 days is pretty much standard final payment for any type of trip booked through a TA. And once I booked direct with Royal in the UK to take advantage of the euro being strong against the pound and for that booking final payment was around 8 weeks.