Classic Drink Package upgrade to Premium

Ugaaucruisers

Generally you can do it on line but we call the Captain's Club and ask them to do it.  That way I am assured of getting our discounts.  I think it is $12 USD/per person/day and that includes the gratuity. 

I agree - call Captain's Club.  For my July 2022 reservation there is only an online option to purchase the Premium Package and no option to purchase an upgrade.  Obviously another stupid website problem since the Classic is already included in the Always Included program.

17 minutes ago, Esprit said:

It can and you can get a discounted price depending on your tier level. It's £25 per person per day extra in the UK

The £25 is for the Elevate Package, not the Upgrade to Premium. The Elevate includes the upgrade, plus OBC.

In the Cruise Planner the Upgrade is available to purchase for £9.36 per day approx $12 .🍷🍹🍸🥂

Edited by laslomas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HskrCrsr said:

But you may not get a discount onboard. The discount may only apply after final payment up to 3-4 days prior to departure

We always pre order- the onboard with a discount  statement was my attempt as a play on words.. 

2 hours ago, FastandFurious said:

$84 total for 7 days. We have found that when you buy it onboard there is an advantage. The seller gets a commission and is appreciative in beneficial ways. Thus we always buy from our dining room wine steward. 

This is the correct answer....upgrade at a bar/server/wine steward you think you will be frequenting...you and the server will appreciate it...

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

This is the correct answer....upgrade at a bar/server/wine steward you think you will be frequenting...you and the server will appreciate it...

We are currently booked for the 8/14 (now on Summit) out of St Maarten and I was thinking of upgrading to the "Drinks and More" package. Would I be able to upgrade for the same cost on board,  which would help the crew member, as I can online now?

10 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

We are currently booked for the 8/14 (now on Summit) out of St Maarten and I was thinking of upgrading to the "Drinks and More" package. Would I be able to upgrade for the same cost on board,  which would help the crew member, as I can online now?

I don't believe the Drinks and More package can be booked onboard.  At least that's what my planner says.   I don't have always included on my upcoming cruise, so I purchased the package to make sure I got it.

2 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

I don't believe the Drinks and More package can be booked onboard.  At least that's what my planner says.   I don't have always included on my upcoming cruise, so I purchased the package to make sure I got it.

I just happened to read a bit about this today. You can purchase Drinks and More on board, subject to this:

• In the event that the package is purchased onboard, after the first day, guest will be charge for the number of nights remaining in voyage.
  • Packages can be sold until the last two days of the cruise, or at the discretion of the Beverage Operations Manager.
  • Packages can be upgraded at any time up to the last two days of the cruise, or at the Beverage Operations Manager’s Discretion.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, FastandFurious said:

$84 total for 7 days. We have found that when you buy it onboard there is an advantage. The seller gets a commission and is appreciative in beneficial ways. Thus we always buy from our dining room wine steward. 

Yes ... good suggestion ... we usually get it from the bartender at the bar we will frequent the most ... we are remembered for this good deed!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

FYI for everyone, I logged in to my account to check on things again and noticed the "smaller" print at the bottom of the image, so I guess this answers my original question.

08_28_PCP_WEB_Drinksandmore-Beverage-Package_968X384_Hero.jpg

Yep, that's what mine said.  So I prepurchased it.

4 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

FYI for everyone, I logged in to my account to check on things again and noticed the "smaller" print at the bottom of the image, so I guess this answers my original question.

08_28_PCP_WEB_Drinksandmore-Beverage-Package_968X384_Hero.jpg

It has an onboard price in my planner, crossed off to show the pre-cruise amount:

image.png.b35bcdc416d47dda8d409d3118a148b6.png

Maybe it varies with sailing? Better to buy before just in case, since we know the website is not to be trusted in so, so many things.

Thanks all for the info. We will definitely wait until we board and upgrade with our wine steward. Love that it will help him/her and will help us, too. Not collecting on the 10% savings will be well worth some great wine!  Thanks again and happy and healthy sailing!,

Here is another strange thing I just noticed when logging in again. Now there is no option showing to "upgrade" from the Classic drink package to the drinks and more package, only one price of $76 +/- per day pp. That totals over $1200 for 2 people but when I purchased it earlier today the upgrade option was available and it was $21 per day pp or $295 approx. total for 2, huge difference!! Not sure what's going on but I'm glad I purchased already, hopefully they don't change the deal on me.

44 minutes ago, prbffd28 said:

Here is another strange thing I just noticed when logging in again. Now there is no option showing to "upgrade" from the Classic drink package to the drinks and more package, only one price of $76 +/- per day pp. That totals over $1200 for 2 people but when I purchased it earlier today the upgrade option was available and it was $21 per day pp or $295 approx. total for 2, huge difference!! Not sure what's going on but I'm glad I purchased already, hopefully they don't change the deal on me.

That's the purchase price without the always included.  It probably reset to that since you already upgraded.  And yes, I had to pay that amount.. 

10 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

Is it just a website fault that doesn't show the classic to premium upgrade option?

Does it then suddenly appear a few days later? - in other words, do I just keep trying lol

When is your cruise? The upgrade will not be shown until the beverage package has been added to your cruise planner. This is an automated action, which usually happens 6-8 weeks before the sailing date. Before this, you would have to call Celebrity to have them add the beverage package to your cruise planner manually. After this has been done, the upgrade should be available for purchase.

• Like 1