Can't sign in to Celebrity site to complete online check in

Indy_Girl46

Hi, I am trying to sign in to my account on the Celebrity website to do my online check in.  I signed in yesterday and could see my cruises but didn't have time to complete the check in so am doing it today.   However, when I click on 'Sign in' I just get a blank page.  I've tried various browsers (Google, IE and Edge) and it the same with them all.  I have tried to ring Celebrity but couldn't get through so just wondering if anyone else has this issue today. Many thanks.

Thank you graphicguy for your quick reply.  I am actually doing it for my parents who don't have a smartphone so ideally I need to do it online so I can download and print their boarding passes out for them.

3 minutes ago, Indy_Girl46 said:

Hi, I am trying to sign in to my account on the Celebrity website to do my online check in.  I signed in yesterday and could see my cruises but didn't have time to complete the check in so am doing it today.   However, when I click on 'Sign in' I just get a blank page.  I've tried various browsers (Google, IE and Edge) and it the same with them all.  I have tried to ring Celebrity but couldn't get through so just wondering if anyone else has this issue today. Many thanks.

Same thing for me for an August Equinox cruise.  I have tried different browsers as well as the phone app, all to no avail.  I contacted Celebrity late yesterday and the rep  informed me that our cruise was not yet available for check-in. She said we would be sent an email when it is open. Of course, makes me wonder what might be the reason for the delay.

1 minute ago, Bluewake said:

Same thing for me for an August Equinox cruise.  I have tried different browsers as well as the phone app, all to no avail.  I contacted Celebrity late yesterday and the rep  informed me that our cruise was not yet available for check-in. She said we would be sent an email when it is open. Of course, makes me wonder what might be the reason for the delay.

Thank you for this Bluewake.  My parents had an email to say the check in was open a couple of days ago.  I signed in yesterday and could see that the check in was open but I didn't have time to do it at the time as I was about to go out. I've tried to sign in today but just get a blank white page when I try to sign in.  I am surprised that the check in has opened so late as the cruise is only in a couple of weeks.

7 minutes ago, Indy_Girl46 said:

Thank you for this Bluewake.  My parents had an email to say the check in was open a couple of days ago.  I signed in yesterday and could see that the check in was open but I didn't have time to do it at the time as I was about to go out. I've tried to sign in today but just get a blank white page when I try to sign in.  I am surprised that the check in has opened so late as the cruise is only in a couple of weeks.

Given that it was previously open, it seems that the only recourse is to contact the cruise line to resolve the problem.  I hope it turns out OK.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, downsmead said:

We could check in but not access the boarding pass - it said ‘there was a snag’ and to try again later 🤷‍♀️

I've just managed to do the check in but I can't print a boarding pass.  I can print the luggage labels.  It says I have to download the app for the boarding pass.  My parents, who I'm doing this for, are elderly and don't have a smartphone so I am at a loss as to what to do now.  Not sure I can get my mother up to speed with a smartphone and technology before they go 😁

We had an IT failure a few years ago and turned up without the express passes. It wasn’t an issue at the terminal but I would call Celebrity and ask what to do in your situation. How they do things change over time, and as these glitches show, not necessarily for the better!

28 minutes ago, Indy_Girl46 said:

I've just managed to do the check in but I can't print a boarding pass.  I can print the luggage labels.  It says I have to download the app for the boarding pass.  My parents, who I'm doing this for, are elderly and don't have a smartphone so I am at a loss as to what to do now.  Not sure I can get my mother up to speed with a smartphone and technology before they go 😁

Go back to the “view current reservations” page. On mine, there is a link there in the cruise summary box that says “print Xpress pass”. Alternatively, download the app to your phone, log-in as them, then Screen shot and print the pass.  

Edited by PAGA

3 minutes ago, PAGA said:

Go back to the “view current reservations” page. On mine, there is a link there in the cruise summary box that says “print Xpress pass”. Alternatively, download the app to your phone, log-in as them, then Screen shot and print the pass.  

I've just tried that and in the summary box it says 'View boarding pass'.  I click on that and it says to download the app.  That's a good idea about doing it on my phone.  I'll try that now.  

6 minutes ago, Indy_Girl46 said:

Thank you to everyone for your help.  My parents are all sorted and can now enjoy their cruise.  I've just got to go through all this again before their next cruise in August 😄

It's not an easy process. We tried the check-in from our PC and it didn't work. Called Celebrity and were told they are trying to 'encourage' everyone to use a smart phone and app for the process, which we ended up doing, but there is a 'process' for those without smart phones to use when they arrive for embarkation. There are still those among us who don't use smart phones...

I'm really glad you got it sorted and will know the process for their next sailing!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pasta1 said:

I only have  a computer, will I be able to do online check in and print boarding pass? If not what is the process?

Please call Celebrity then let us know.  Personally, I don't believe they have any business trying to force anyone to get an iphone.  

• Like 1

I think the Celebrity App is their door to getting the Vaccine info into their system.  That's just a hunch.  I do think you can download the app with iOS, Google Play,  and Android......

Try using one of those.  I just looked again and was able to see my check in info and download my boarding pass (except for health questionnaire, which won't be available until the day before I cruise).

It's also in my digital wallet on my iPhone.

I sail on the EDGE on 7/31.

Mine didn't show up either until I erased and then re-downloaded the app.

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, does the new website checkin process give you the option of uploading a current photo for use in the identification process when you get to the terminal? I know it does when you checkin via their new app. 

Yes you can upload your own photo. You don't have to take one with your phone within the app. Just skip that step in the app and complete it on the website later.

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, does the new website checkin process give you the option of uploading a current photo for use in the identification process when you get to the terminal? I know it does when you checkin via their new app. 

Yes!

4 minutes ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I am booked on the Celebrity Summit's cruise that is scheduled to depart on July 10. My reservation still indicates "check-in unavailable." Shouldn't I be able to check-in at this point?

Thanks,

Chuck

My July 10 also states "check-in unavailable". I'm glad it's not just me. I had already checked in when it was the Millennium.