Air2Sea - ticket pending?

Hi.  We are sailing on August 28th on Adventure out of Nassau.  We booked our flights through Air2Sea and our cruise is fully paid for.  When I go on my American Airlines account is still says "ticket pending" under my reservations.  I want to change our seats and can't do this until the "ticket pending" is removed.  Does anyone know when this is?  Thank you for any help.  It took me 90 minutes on the phone with Air2Sea to book the flights and I just don't feel like calling them back.  

Hmmm....This certainly isn't how flights by Celebrity works. You can (I did) pick out seats and could make changes the minute I booked air even with just a cruise deposit. I guess I'll have to rethink using Air2Sea. I assumed they would have the same policy.

We go August 14th and mine shows ticketed.  It was updated within a few days of us making final payment.  And it is through Air 2 Sea--we had seats while it was pending, and could update them as soon as it hit ticketed if we wanted to,

We are on the July 10 sailing of the Adventure and our air reservation thru Royal showed as pending until 30 days before the cruise. Call Air to Sea and they will be able to change your seats for you. They changed mine.

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm....This certainly isn't how flights by Celebrity works. You can (I did) pick out seats and could make changes the minute I booked air even with just a cruise deposit. I guess I'll have to rethink using Air2Sea. I assumed they would have the same policy.

I was told if you picked premium seats (meaning any seat you have to pay extra for) you'd be ticketed immediately.

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I was told if you picked premium seats (meaning any seat you have to pay extra for) you'd be ticketed immediately.

I have first class seats, and it said pending in my American Airlines account for a month and a half. I also did not have an assigned seat (and I did not have the option to choose one when I booked), which made me very nervous... I think I've watched too many episodes of that awesome show Airline where people often had a ticket, but couldn't get on the flight due to overbooking. 😁

I finally called Air2Sea and said that I wanted my tickets to actually be ticketed and I wanted my seats to be assigned. It took her less than 5 minutes to clear it up, assign my seats, and have everything show up in my AA account.

6 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I would call Air2Sea. You should have access as soon as you pay for the flight. 

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

3 hours ago, #1packerfan said:

We go August 14th and mine shows ticketed.  It was updated within a few days of us making final payment.  And it is through Air 2 Sea--we had seats while it was pending, and could update them as soon as it hit ticketed if we wanted to,

It varies by airline whether you can make or change a seat assignment directly with the airline for a pending reservation.  With American you can't.

Air2Sea and Flights by Celebrity may not ticket your reservation until weeks after final payment, so just because you made payment to RC or Celebrity doesn't necessarily mean you can make or change your seat assignment directly with the airline.

I booked on that trip, and used Bahamas Air for the 60 minute flight.  The booking was the special group booking.  My guess is that they have a block of tickets for each flight at a reduced rate.  When it gets to a certain date, they release the unsold tickets.  The airline can't sell in that block.  It's most likely a win-win for everyone.  Did your flight say special pricing?  If so, it is a block of tickets.  Just going to need to wait for the block to be released. 

Once the flights are paid, you can call and ask them to run the tickets, they will do that for you!

As a rule of thumb I assume they will purchase the tickets as soon as I’ve made final payment, and that the change/cancel fees are in effect.  But in reality it usually takes them awhile.  And as long as the tickets haven’t been run, you can ask them to waive the fees! 

I have the same thing on my September cruise. I called Royal, and they said if you want to upgrade or change they will pay the airfare. Normally they pay at 45 days. I'm also paid in full for my cruise, though I still can't check in. There's a note that says they will e-mail me when check in is available.