Any News on Percentages % per Sailing

phoneman69

Has Carnival released any info on the Percentages of passengers they will be sailing under. I can't imagine that the first months of sailings will be over 90% of capacity. I have not seen anything from JH facebook post.   I have a Sept 2021 and wonder the capacity percentage 

• Like 1

I haven't seen anything.  My cruise is showing as being available for booking.  It's August 21st on the Mardi Gras.  It looks like there are a lot of cabins available.  My hope is that it will sail at 60%, but we will see.  The July cruises should happen soon and I am eagerly waiting to read the reviews.

• Like 1

Just now, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

The only skin in the game I have on lower capacity sailings is I hope to have no lines for food and shows on my next cruise. But I could care less as long as I don't have to wear a mask. 

I would love for my cruise to be at reduced capacity since it is Carnival's largest and newest ship.  Since I don't have to wear a mask, this could be a perfect cruise.  My only concerns are mask requirements at the ports.  If they are too restrictive, we will just stay on the ship.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MamallamaAndDaddy said:

The only skin in the game I have on lower capacity sailings is I hope to have no lines for food and shows on my next cruise. But I could care less as long as I don't have to wear a mask. 

Very true. If the ship sails out of Fla and and not all passengers are vaccinated it creates a great chance of issues happening at higher capacity limits. I hope Carnival is taking measures along these lines. Now on fully vaccinated cruise percentages would not be as much an issue. One thing we cant have is issues on the first couple or months of cruising 

• Like 2

For July and August out of Florida, Carnival is sailing with less than 5% unvaccinated.  These people will be tested before cruising.  The cruises should sail just fine.  I believe the unvaccinated also need to do excursions in a Carnival bubble.  The majority of the unvaccinated will be children under 12, so it's not like there will be loads of high risk unvaccinated people cruising.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I haven't seen anything.  My cruise is showing as being available for booking.  It's August 21st on the Mardi Gras.  It looks like there are a lot of cabins available.  My hope is that it will sail at 60%, but we will see.  The July cruises should happen soon and I am eagerly waiting to read the reviews.

Those first reviews are going to attract a lot of readers!!!!!

As a stockholder, I am hoping not only for good reviews, but also 100% capacity sailings in the not too distant future.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

For July and August out of Florida, Carnival is sailing with less than 5% unvaccinated.  These people will be tested before cruising.  The cruises should sail just fine.  I believe the unvaccinated also need to do excursions in a Carnival bubble.  The majority of the unvaccinated will be children under 12, so it's not like there will be loads of high risk unvaccinated people cruising.

That sounds like the best way to do things.  Where did you find this information?  I've looked and haven't managed to stumble across it yet.

I personally don't have an issue with wearing a mask, it's just not a big deal.  What would be a turn-off for me would be reduced capacity at the shows, comedy club, etc. (meaning there'd either be a good chance of not getting in or else a bigger hassle of being able to get in).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, groundloop said:

That sounds like the best way to do things.  Where did you find this information?  I've looked and haven't managed to stumble across it yet.

I personally don't have an issue with wearing a mask, it's just not a big deal.  What would be a turn-off for me would be reduced capacity at the shows, comedy club, etc. (meaning there'd either be a good chance of not getting in or else a bigger hassle of being able to get in).

i am looking for it.  I deleted all of my emails.  This is from Carnival's website:

VACCINATION & TESTING REQUIREMENTS

Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding.* It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued. 

Guests must present proof of vaccination, as well as all required travel documents, at embarkation. Acceptable proof of vaccination must be in the form of the original vaccination record document issued by the country’s health authority or healthcare provider that administered the vaccination (e.g., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). The name on the vaccination record must match the guest’s travel documents and show that the guest is fully vaccinated. This means that the guest has completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series) and that the guest has received the final dose at least 14 days before arriving their cruise departure. 

Vaccinated guests do not have to be tested for COVID-19. However, based on medical screening that will take place on embarkation day, testing may be deemed necessary as a precautionary measure, which will be provided at no charge. In the event a test result is positive, the guest and their traveling party will unfortunately not be allowed to sail and will receive a future cruise credit. In such cases, guests may have to quarantine locally and Carnival will assist in helping to make those arrangements.

* Vaccination exemptions must be pre-approved and are subject to capacity controls. Exemptions are not granted on embarkation day. Unvaccinated guests must adhere to specific protocols and testing requirements as communicated to them in advance, as a condition for travel.

Face masks are required during the entire embarkation and debarkation process, at the home port and ports of call. Once on board, face masks and and physical distancing are not required for vaccinated guests. However, all guests must come prepared to follow local guidance pertaining to mask wearing, physical distancing, testing/health screenings, etc.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Thanks 1

CARNIVAL PLANS TO OPERATE THE FOLLOWING SAILINGS WITH VACCINATED GUESTS:

We will be providing more details directly to guests on guidelines and protocols. 

Carnival Miracle® from Seattle; July 27 through September 14, 2021

Carnival Vista® from Galveston starting July 3, 2021

Carnival Horizon® from Miami starting July 4, 2021

Carnival Breeze® from Galveston starting July 15, 2021

Mardi Gras™ from Port Canaveral starting July 31, 2021

Carnival Magic® from Port Canaveral starting August 7, 2021

Carnival Sunrise™ from Miami starting August 14, 2021

Carnival Panorama® from Long Beach starting August 21, 2021

• Like 1

COVID-19 VACCINATION EXEMPTION REQUEST FORM

Please note we are no longer accepting requests for vaccine exemptions for sailings in July aboard Carnival Vista, Carnival Horizon and Carnival Breeze. The deadline to submit was June 15.

Thank you for your interest in our vaccination exemption process. We are very excited for the restart of guest operations and appreciate your support and patience throughout this pause.

Based on the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) requirements for operating a cruise where 95% of guests are fully vaccinated, we are only able to accept exemptions for children under 12 and for others who need to be accommodated as required by federal law. Please be advised all other guests traveling with children under 12 are required to show proof of vaccination.

A request for an exemption can only be submitted after the booking is paid in full. Exemptions are subject to capacity control. Submitting an exemption request is not a confirmation as we are required to manage to a specific percentage of unvaccinated guests, which means the final count of vaccinated guests must be determined before we can confirm exemptions.

By submitting your request, you agree to the following protocols that will apply to all unvaccinated guests:

Testing

• All unvaccinated guests will be required to submit at embarkation the negative results of a PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to embarkation.
  • As per the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) guidance, unvaccinated guests will also be required to be tested at embarkation (and debarkation if the cruise is longer than 4 days). The cost of testing and administration is US$50, per person, which we will waive for guests sailing in July and August.
  • Any guest who tests positive at embarkation –along with their traveling companions –will not be able to join the ship and will be provided a future cruise credit.
  • Guests who test positive and have flown in for their cruise may be required to quarantine locally. Although Carnival will secure lodging, any expenses will be the responsibility of the guest.
  • Additional COVID-19 tests may be required by the destinations we visit prior to debarkation at the port of call.

Mask wearing

• Although generally not required, it is recommended that unvaccinated guests wear masks on board.
  • However, all unvaccinated guests must wear masks in the following instances:
    • During the entire embarkation and debarkation process (at the home port and port of call), during water shuttle operations, company approved shore excursions and while on transportation.
    • At any indoor activity with children under 12, including unvaccinated adults in the same area (i.e., the arcade), medical center, and in spa areas (including treatment rooms).

Shore visits and excursions

• Unvaccinated guests will be limited to a Carnival approved “bubble” tour and will be unable to carry out self-guided or independent exploration. In the event our approved “bubble” tours are sold out, unvaccinated guests will have to remain on board. (More information on “bubble” tours will be on our web site soon.) These guests will also need to follow local guidance regarding testing/screening, mask wearing and physical distancing, etc.
  • In private ports of call or port-controlled areas, unvaccinated guests may participate in a Carnival approved tours or independent exploration.

We will not know the total number of exemptions available for each cruise until we have received and processed all final payments. If capacity limits are reached and we are unable to confirm your exemption, you will have the option to receive a full refund and have the option to rebook at a further date. We are unable to grant exemptions at embarkation.

We will be in touch with you via email as soon as we are able to finalize the sailing and our waitlist. Please be aware our contact center is not managing this process and cannot access the exemption waitlist. In the event we are unable to confirm your request, we remain optimistic that requirements for cruising from the U.S. will continue to evolve and our approach to future sailings will become more flexible. At this time, we must follow the guidance we have as of today. We have ship itineraries open through 2024 and if we cannot provide an exemption, we hope you will consider a future Carnival cruise for your vacation.

Thank you for your understanding. We hope to welcome you on board soon.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

CARNIVAL PLANS TO OPERATE THE FOLLOWING SAILINGS WITH VACCINATED GUESTS:

We will be providing more details directly to guests on guidelines and protocols. 

Carnival Miracle® from Seattle; July 27 through September 14, 2021

Carnival Vista® from Galveston starting July 3, 2021

Carnival Horizon® from Miami starting July 4, 2021

Carnival Breeze® from Galveston starting July 15, 2021

Mardi Gras™ from Port Canaveral starting July 31, 2021

Carnival Magic® from Port Canaveral starting August 7, 2021

Carnival Sunrise™ from Miami starting August 14, 2021

Carnival Panorama® from Long Beach starting August 21, 2021

Does the Court win by Fla govern not through all of the Fla departs in a mess. How can Carnival still go with Vaccinated sailings if Fla law is a" don't ask don't tell."

1 minute ago, phoneman69 said:

Does the Court win by Fla govern not through all of the Fla departs in a mess. How can Carnival still go with Vaccinated sailings if Fla law is a" don't ask don't tell."

Maybe because the executive order also allows a.business to use covid-19 screening protocols as determined by state and federal requirements? Maybe since the CDC singled out cruises for only allowing 5% unvaccinated in order to sail without test cruises, Carnival was able to point to CDC requirements. I wish we knew for sure. All we can do is speculate.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, EL Pitman said:

According to this link posted in a different topic, they are all starting at 100% capacity:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25253-carnival-cruise-line-ramps-up-sail-date-updates-by-ship.html

My take on that article is that they're simply listing the capacity of each ship. I don't think that they're implying that Carnival is looking for 100% capacity. I don't think that Carnival has actually come out with any info on that specific topic, but I might have missed that.

Tom

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, EL Pitman said:

According to this link posted in a different topic, they are all starting at 100% capacity:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/25253-carnival-cruise-line-ramps-up-sail-date-updates-by-ship.html

I think that you are misinterpreting the news article regarding how many passengers will sail on those ships. The article states maximum passenger capacity, which will not be sailing capacity. 

4 minutes ago, Frank12 said:

I read that also

Can you all provide a link that states Carnival is sailing at 100% capacity? I haven't read anything like that. Only from several sources that they are sailing at reduced capacity.

• Like 1

The cruise lines have to have arrangements with the ports or alternates to handle a worst case covid scenario. Cruises will likely be limited to how ever many passengers the ports could cover in a reasonable worst case. They also have to reserve some number of cabins for quarantine 

There is a 0% chance the ships are sailing at full capacity at first. We got an email this morning telling us our cabin was changing because the one we booked would not be in service. They tried to move us to another cove balcony directly beneath the galley. Luckily the customer service rep was able to move us to a regular balcony on deck 6 instead. I think they may be trying to put an empty cabin between each occupied one but that is pure speculation by me.

10 minutes ago, KurtJ said:

There is a 0% chance the ships are sailing at full capacity at first. We got an email this morning telling us our cabin was changing because the one we booked would not be in service. They tried to move us to another cove balcony directly beneath the galley. Luckily the customer service rep was able to move us to a regular balcony on deck 6 instead. I think they may be trying to put an empty cabin between each occupied one but that is pure speculation by me.

Do you mind me asking, which ship and date?