how many free drinks does elite get now?

ljason913

21 hours ago, davekathy said:

I know. Just clarifying only pinnacle gets 6 drinks on royal. You made it sound d, d+ also get 6 drinks. 

If your booking isn't AI then elite will get unlimited drinks during the evening CC HH which is from 5 PM to 7 PM. 

And again to clarify, the unlimited number of drinks is from a short list of CCHH drinks.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2021 at 1:01 PM, little britain said:

As everyone has a drinks package

No, not everyone.    Contrary to the "Always Included" moniker, there are some fares that don't include drinks, etc..

9 hours ago, jerryd1 said:

No, not everyone.    Contrary to the "Always Included" moniker, there are some fares that don't include drinks, etc..

Celebrity fares have escalated since adopting Always included.  When I check booking on X the option to avoid the high priced bundled pricing is still too d--- high.

Celebrity is not competitive compared to Royal C on the cruises that I have checked for next year.  We are modest drinkers and very disappointed in X pricing.

8 hours ago, happycruiserco said:

Is bottled water still included on the CC HH menu?  Thanks.

It was on our 2019 cruises. I can't imagine water not being an option going forward if the CC still has the CC HH beverage menu with AI. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 10:04 AM, ljason913 said:

how many free drinks a day does élite get? is it similar to royal? 6 drinks anywhere anytime 13 bucks or less?

Royal is 4 for Diamond, 5 for Diamond Plus & 6 for Pinnacle. Loaded on your card with $13 max. It’ll be loaded on your car each day. Celebrity still shows limited Captains Club menu from 5-7. Haven’t been in a Celebrity since March 2020 to be more accurate

Edited by awhfy

On 6/20/2021 at 5:08 PM, cruisestitch said:

Have a look at this thread 

I just checked prices for Celebrity transatlantic from Rome and Southampton for 2022, which we are interested in.  Also, checked Royal C. similar cruises.

When doing a booking on Celebrity, I was NOT offered booking without ALWAYS INCLUDED perks.

When doing a booking on Royal C., I no perks were included, however I am Diamond and get drinks from the Happy Hour.

Celebrity cruises

Oct 22, 2022 Connie, Rome to FLA.  Total cost for cheapest veranda (balcony) cabin was total of $4,747.(15 days)

Oct 20, 2022 Silhouette, Southampton to FLA.  Total cost of cheapest veranda cabin was total of $5,363 (14 days)

Royal C.

Nov 5, 2022 Brillance of Seas, Rome to FLA. Total of $2,327.38 for cheapest balcony. (15 days)

Oct 17, 2022 Anthem of Seas, Southampton to FLA. Total of $2,898. (12 nights)

Yes, Always included includes gratuities which adds some value to the X cruises/

However, going with Brilliance over Connie for 15 day cruise $4,747 vs. $2,327.  That is over $2000 difference.   For light drinkers (on both of our Royal C. cruises we have never purchased an alcoholic drink since we only drank during the Diamond Happy hour.

1 hour ago, 4774Papa said:

I just checked prices for Celebrity transatlantic from Rome and Southampton for 2022, which we are interested in.  Also, checked Royal C. similar cruises.

When doing a booking on Celebrity, I was NOT offered booking without ALWAYS INCLUDED perks.

When doing a booking on Royal C., I no perks were included, however I am Diamond and get drinks from the Happy Hour.

Celebrity cruises

Oct 22, 2022 Connie, Rome to FLA.  Total cost for cheapest veranda (balcony) cabin was total of $4,747.(15 days)

Oct 20, 2022 Silhouette, Southampton to FLA.  Total cost of cheapest veranda cabin was total of $5,363 (14 days)

Royal C.

Nov 5, 2022 Brillance of Seas, Rome to FLA. Total of $2,327.38 for cheapest balcony. (15 days)

Oct 17, 2022 Anthem of Seas, Southampton to FLA. Total of $2,898. (12 nights)

Yes, Always included includes gratuities which adds some value to the X cruises/

However, going with Brilliance over Connie for 15 day cruise $4,747 vs. $2,327.  That is over $2000 difference.   For light drinkers (on both of our Royal C. cruises we have never purchased an alcoholic drink since we only drank during the Diamond Happy hour.

Based on those numbers and also my observations, Celebrity pricing has significantly increased.  I do believe your assumption that this is due to the AI bundle (or even mostly) is incorrect.  The RCL cruise above at $155 a day per person is a good bargain post Covid.

Look at the Edge cruise for October 2022 that offers a GTY balcony without the AI, the cost difference is less than $30 a day per person.

Even if you are willing to book a GTY veranda with a NRD without the AI bundle the Celebrity price is high.  This is also true for cruises in 2021.

39 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Based on those numbers and also my observations, Celebrity pricing has significantly increased.  I do believe your assumption that this is due to the AI bundle (or even mostly) is incorrect.  The RCL cruise above at $155 a day per person is a good bargain post Covid.

Look at the Edge cruise for October 2022 that offers a GTY balcony without the AI, the cost difference is less than $30 a day per person.

Even if you are willing to book a GTY veranda with a NRD without the AI bundle the Celebrity price is high.  This is also true for cruises in 2021.

I never see a GTY on any cruise that I have checked since AI was initiated.  Still, that Edge cruise with no perks is $5,578.02 total.  I would agree that their prices have gone up overall when considering this GT Y offer, but the X uptick in prices coincided with the introduction of AI.

Even Princess (comparable to X) has prices closer to Royal C. than  X and their prices for a drinks package is far more reasonable, when comparing.

Prior to AI Celebrity pricing was not far off Royal, NCL (before bundling) and Princess.  Not anymore.

3 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

I never see a GTY on any cruise that I have checked since AI was initiated.  Still, that Edge cruise with no perks is $5,578.02 total.  I would agree that their prices have gone up overall when considering this GT Y offer, but the X uptick in prices coincided with the introduction of AI.

Even Princess (comparable to X) has prices closer to Royal C. than  X and their prices for a drinks package is far more reasonable, when comparing.

Prior to AI Celebrity pricing was not far off Royal, NCL (before bundling) and Princess.  Not anymore.

Check the Simply Sail cruises. Almost every cabin I see is GTY. And of course, AI is not included on those.

14 hours ago, davekathy said:

It was on our 2019 cruises. I can't imagine water not being an option going forward if the CC still has the CC HH beverage menu with AI. 

Thanks.  2019 was our last on Celebrity as well.  Kind of curious with so many changes.  On the Edge July 3 and July 10, so will know soon.  

17 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

Check the Simply Sail cruises. Almost every cabin I see is GTY. And of course, AI is not included on those.

The Simply Sail cruises are largely short cruises except for the one TA.  We don't do short cruises.