More Cancellations!

VMax1700

I just noticed on my HAL account that we have been rebooked from our cancelled Volendam 11/25-12/8, 2021 departure to Nieuw Amsterdam 11/20-12-5, 2021. That was surprisingly quick.

We won't be staying with that booking for multiple reasons, but I am impressed it happened that quickly. No notification other than the changed booking in the account. Anyone else gotten their automatic rebookings?

Same here I was on volendam 20 day cruise and now I am on rotterdam 21 day cruise no stateroom number  just "F".  I went from a deck 7 aft cabin to a deck 1 port or starboard.   These are undoubtedly the worse cabins on the ship.....      I guess being a 4 star and booking very early mean nothing to hal!!!   I am totally disgusted!!!

Edited by Hflors
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hflors said:

Same here I was on volendam 20 day cruise and now I am on rotterdam 21 day cruise no stateroom number  just "F".  I went from a deck 7 aft cabin to a deck 1 port or starboard.   These are undoubtedly the worse cabins on the ship.....      I guess being a 4 star and booking very early mean nothing to hal!!!   I am totally disgusted!!!

I’m a 5 star and that never seems to mean anything so don’t feel bad.  I’m not interested in studying deck plans right now because I have other things to do but I believe the oceanview are only on deck 1 but I could be wrong.  Where do you suggest they put you when that is what you booked?  Since you are very far ahead of final payment why not cancel?

I must say, those who have chosen to book these early cruises had to know there was a risk involved.  Your cruise maybe canceled, the itinerary maybe altered, there maybe unacceptable protocols.  This was what you signed up for.  Not saying it’s pleasant but you certainly should not be surprised.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I must say, those who have chosen to book these early cruises had to know there was a risk involved.  Your cruise maybe canceled, the itinerary maybe altered, there maybe unacceptable protocols.  This was what you signed up for.  Not saying it’s pleasant but you certainly should not be surprised.

100 percent.  I have a cruise booked for November.  I’ll be shocked if it happens.  I hope to have more clarity by final payment and if not I’m going to cancel.  I’m so tired as I have not have a holiday since November 2019 and I’m still working so I really need it.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

True but it’s not just the early sailings that have been affected.

Our Westerdam TA in November next year (2022) is going to end up being on another ship and who knows what the itinerary is going to be?

It’s part of the replacement cruises and now scheduled to be in Japan.

286ED8E0-304C-4E2C-ABD6-9A59664C7D9E.thumb.png.1c44fd459bcbc00ea84d7e30c09ae81d.png

So, even though it’s a 2022 cruise and late in the year, we are back to “wait and see” mode.

• Like 3

In my humble opinion:

It is what it is... and it will be what it will be...

Either book a cruise with a positive attitude or book another style of adventure or stay home 

The way I see it those are the three viable options avaible.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

100 percent.  I have a cruise booked for November.  I’ll be shocked if it happens.  I hope to have more clarity by final payment and if not I’m going to cancel.  I’m so tired as I have not have a holiday since November 2019 and I’m still working so I really need it.  

I hope it works out.

• Like 2

We were booked on the 24 day Rotterdam transatlantic, leaving Amsterdam on Oct 10.  They notified us by email that the cruise was shortened to just 14 days and that the price would be prorated so same price per day.  That was silly, because the first 10 days were very short distances, so low fuel usage.  We were considering cancelling altogether.

I just checked HA website and found that we have been formally rebooked and that the price has been adjusted.  Lowered substantially per day and puts this 14 night cruise in line with other TA cruise.  So I guess we'll keep it. Now I've added more days to stay in Amsterdam, which will be great.

Edited by LynnTTT
spelling
  • Like 1

Just wanted to share my happy news.  After hal's "take it or leave it" stance we decided to leave it.  We have found a ship and a cruise more to our liking.  We again have an aft ocean view cabin and are once again looking forward to our anniversary.     

• Like 7

On 6/28/2021 at 5:41 PM, Hflors said:

Just wanted to share my happy news.  After hal's "take it or leave it" stance we decided to leave it.  We have found a ship and a cruise more to our liking.  We again have an aft ocean view cabin and are once again looking forward to our anniversary.     

We didn’t like the replacement cruise HAL booked us on.  it was virtually a back to back of the same ports, so we cancelled it and booked a cruise with better ports and lots of perks including prepaid gratuities and beverage package.  I adjusted flights and hotel, and informed our friends of our changes.  All but one couple we were traveling with rebooked to our new cruise.  We are happy again.  Hope everyone finds a good replacement cruise and no more cancellations please!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hflors said:

I think there have been some more cancellations today7/8 the number is 500..

It’s been at 500 for a day.  I think it’s due to so many ships being moved to inactive because of the ship swap with Westerdam and Oosterdam.

Once they are cleared up (around July 23) and the other inactive cruises are cleared up on the Eurodam I think you will see the numbers rise.  JMO.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

It’s been at 500 for a day.  I think it’s due to so many ships being moved to inactive because of the ship swap with Westerdam and Oosterdam.

Once they are cleared up (around July 23) and the other inactive cruises are cleared up on the Eurodam I think you will see the numbers rise.  JMO.

After HAL told me to "take it or leave it" after our December cruise being cancelled.  I am now keeping an eye on a Feb cruise I am booked on for it to be cancelled.  I don't ck it every day.  Just waiting....   When I see the number of cancellations I go in and check if its one of mine.

8 minutes ago, Hflors said:

After HAL told me to "take it or leave it" after our December cruise being cancelled.  I am now keeping an eye on a Feb cruise I am booked on for it to be cancelled.  I don't ck it every day.  Just waiting....   When I see the number of cancellations I go in and check if its one of mine.

HAL is announcing cancellations and posting the PDF of the replacement cruises.  I just got my email today that my ship was swapped.  I knew two days ago 😉 

As long as they don’t play with the embarkation date or the itinerary and give me the room I booked, it’s all good.

I have little tolerance for being treated as someone who booked a “guarantee’ and fighting to get out of a cabin I would never choose after carefully selecting.  I’ve been down that road and while, I succeeded, it was all for naught when they changed the sailing date.  😡 

Three times was not the charm for us.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Suslor said:

So as I read the announcements I think we are on the inaugural cruise of the Rotterdam as we are also on the November 3rd four day cruise. Who would have guessed 🤪

I believe there is a TA prior to your cruise. They have yet to cancel that yet.