NCL Star "sold out" through end of year

benthere1977

NCL Star sailings are all showing "sold out" in all cabins through 2021. The first available booking in January 2022 from Buenos Aires.

Maybe this is a glitch, but with the uncertainty from the UK they may want to send the ship somewhere else. 

Any other ships showing sold out?

14 minutes ago, benthere1977 said:

NCL Star sailings are all showing "sold out" in all cabins through 2021. The first available booking in January 2022 from Buenos Aires.

Maybe this is a glitch, but with the uncertainty from the UK they may want to send the ship somewhere else. 

Yes.  Dawn is showing "sold out" for all the first sailings in Greece as well as the crossing in November. 

Caribbean sailings in December show available but the ship is in the Med now so.....

25 minutes ago, benthere1977 said:

It is available in October-December 2021. You sure you don't have your filters preventing it from showing, because I see them on NCL.

3 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

It is available in October-December 2021. You sure you don't have your filters preventing it from showing, because I see them on NCL.

The dates show until you try to go and book it.  This is what you get on every sailing.  Plus, not available on any TA sites.

image.png.1c67d99623f0cf86596f04b566862589.png

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

The dates show until you try to go and book it.  This is what you get on every sailing.  Plus, not available on any TA sites.

This is exactly what I am seeing. It looks available till you go to pick a cabin type. 

• Like 1

So, the question is, is this a glitch or a pending cancellation.  If this was a weekend, I'd say "glitch", however, Mondays, I'd expect the "big guns" to back at work.  (Big guns being the higher ups in the IT dept.)

I hope, for all those booked on these cruises that it's a glitch.  

Good luck. 

Alas, this is one of the things I hate about the internet. I'm as guilty as anyone about the following, but: when we expect everything we read on a website to be 100% accurate 100% of the time, there are going to be issues, and then people panic and wonder what's going on. This is especially true when people research cruises months or even years in advance. This is one of those times I look back fondly to the days when the travel agent had to do everything, and I never saw any of the "behind the scenes" stuff.

It can drive you crazy, especially if you check sites daily like I sometimes do!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

That's weird and obviously concerning. 

Have seen this a number of times over the years.

The usual next step is a message from your TA or NCL. 

Hoping that this time it is different and that there is maybe a different source of the problem other than cancellations. 

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

Alas, this is one of the things I hate about the internet. I'm as guilty as anyone about the following, but: when we expect everything we read on a website to be 100% accurate 100% of the time, there are going to be issues, and then people panic and wonder what's going on. This is especially true when people research cruises months or even years in advance. This is one of those times I look back fondly to the days when the travel agent had to do everything, and I never saw any of the "behind the scenes" stuff.

It can drive you crazy, especially if you check sites daily like I sometimes do!

Except this just happened today, is only happening on 2 ships (all sailings in a certain range "sold out.)"  This is not the first (or likely the tenth) time I've encountered this over the years.  And in virtually all the cases, it ended with either a itinerary change (unlikely on a dozen different sailings on 2 ships) or cancellation.

I don't think it has ever been a glitch in our experience, but hopefully there is a first time. 🙂

Just now, ECCruise said:

Except this just happened today, is only happening on 2 ships (all sailings in a certain range "sold out.)"  This is not the first (or likely the tenth) time I've encountered this over the years.  And in virtually all the cases, it ended with either a itinerary change (unlikely on a dozen different sailings on 2 ships) or cancellation.

I don't think it has ever been a glitch in our experience, but hopefully there is a first time. 🙂

This exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago for the Norwegian Gem. That's why I'm saying "it happens." (not that it isn't frustrating or confusing, because it is!)

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

This exact thing happened to me a few weeks ago for the Norwegian Gem. That's why I'm saying "it happens." (not that it isn't frustrating or confusing, because it is!)

That's why I said hopefully this time it will be different, like your experience with the Gem.  All cruises were showing sold out in that case?

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

That's why I said hopefully this time it will be different, like your experience with the Gem.  All cruises were showing sold out in that case?

Yes, right before they cancelled it. Of course, we then rebooked onto the Sky and now it's been replaced by...wait for it.... the Gem! 🙄🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

The Dawn transatlantic from Rome to Tampa (Nov 21-Dec 8 ) is now showing the same thing- when you click through to pick a room, they're all sold out.  I was comparing the itinerary and cost between Dawn and Epic when I discovered it.  We're booked on the Epic Nov 20th and now I'm nervous. 😟 

Just checked my Sept Getaway cruise, single, inside & OV are all "sold out", only more expensive rooms available. I checked yesterday & there were at least 10 single rooms available. Maybe if they have to limit passengers they want them in the more expensive rooms.

This posted on another form re the sky

•  
  • 86 posts
  • August 19, 2019
  • Fremont, CA

I just checked my reservation online, there is a message that says the cruise is on hold. I spoke to the agent and here is her reply

With the COVID-19 pandemic continuing to impact communities and ports around the globe, we are working to determine our next course of action. While we evaluate the opportunity to resume with sailings, we have temporarily frozen voyages that might be impacted should we need to delay sailing further. Please bear with us. We will make a decision shortly and will provide information as it becomes available.   It goes without saying that our first priority is always the safety, security and well-being of our guests, team members and all those in the communities we visit; our teams are working around the clock to do what is right for our guests and travel partners.  We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 coronavirus situation and consult with global public health authorities including The World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and we will take action as necessary.   Please know that we remain optimistic and look forward to welcoming our guests onboard again in the near future.

Around noon today I confirmed a tentative booking for the Joy on November 6, 2021. An hour or so later while doing a mock booking looking for a more desirable cabin location a message appeared saying my cabin category was now sold out. When I went to re log in all categories were showing sold out.

Tonight I attempted to try another mock booking and the sail date does not even come up, nor for the week following.

I had booked this to replace a cancelled cruise for the exact same week but out of Fort Lauderdale and on another cruise line. I am starting to wonder if this has something to do with the court ruling between Florida and the CDC?

Rochelle

3 minutes ago, rochelle_s said:

I had booked this to replace a cancelled cruise for the exact same week but out of Fort Lauderdale and on another cruise line. I am starting to wonder if this has something to do with the court ruling between Florida and the CDC?

Rochelle

I wouldn't think so since there are a bunch of sailings in the Mediterranean (e.g. Athens to Athens and Athens to Rome) that are affected.

Bookings were really slow on the Star itineraries.. we were looking and doing mock bookings on multiple dates and cabins ...

This is how it started on the Encore cancellation and there were more bookings on Encore....  looks like they are trying to push all to Getaway or just have everyone book on Getaway; eventually taking  our money and than cancel AGAIN.

This is getting beyond annoying!  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rochelle_s said:

Around noon today I confirmed a tentative booking for the Joy on November 6, 2021. An hour or so later while doing a mock booking looking for a more desirable cabin location a message appeared saying my cabin category was now sold out. When I went to re log in all categories were showing sold out.

Tonight I attempted to try another mock booking and the sail date does not even come up, nor for the week following.

Rochelle

Please don't say that. I'm on the 11/12 Joy sailing. 😔

52 minutes ago, ColeyCola said:

Please don't say that. I'm on the 11/12 Joy sailing. 😔

Update: I emailed my TA. She said she thinks it's full but she'll double check tomorrow. Maybe that's why it's pulled from the site. 

I just spoke with my NCL cruise consultant and was informed that my cruise 12/11/21 Rio to Santiago (B2B). Has been frozen by cruise line and that is because "NCL is evaluating suspending this journey and if they do I will receive an email tomorrow"