Navigator Update

Vict0riann

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

I have a canceled cruise showing up, so my actual first cruise is 'in the queue' (so to speak).

6 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

My Rotterdam premier is still showing up

6 hours ago, richwmn said:

that is what I was talking about.

Mine too.  Perhaps that means the inaugural is really going?  Just kidding, only kidding 😒

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Big Dawg CC said:

Wonder if the onboard chat function will now alert you if someone has sent you a message.

It’s not hard to check to see if you have a message.  Much better than everyone having sound alerts.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

It’s not hard to check to see if you have a message.  Much better than everyone having sound alerts.  

An alert need not be a beep - it could be a vibration.  If it comes down to having to repeatedly check the app to see if anyone has messaged me, especially when I may not be expecting one (e.g., an emergency), or a vibration or a simple beep, I opt for the alert.  Numerous people have complained in prior threads about that as being a big disappointment in the prior app.  With more and more free WiFi packages and more people opting to pay for WiFi, I suspect that cell phone rings and beeps will only becoming more prevalent on the ship.   We're not going to be able to escape that.  Just like on land, people will hopefully learn to silence their devices when appropriate (e.g., main theater and music events).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Big Dawg CC said:

An alert need not be a beep - it could be a vibration.  If it comes down to having to repeatedly check the app to see if anyone has messaged me, especially when I may not be expecting one (e.g., an emergency), or a vibration or a simple beep, I opt for the alert.  Numerous people have complained in prior threads about that as being a big disappointment in the prior app.  With more and more free WiFi packages and more people opting to pay for WiFi, I suspect that cell phone rings and beeps will only becoming more prevalent on the ship.   We're not going to be able to escape that.  Just like on land, people will hopefully learn to silence their devices when appropriate (e.g., main theater and music events).

A vibration is fine.  If it’s an emergency on the App (?) I’m sure the ship would page you don’t you think?  I don’t think the App is for urgent stuff. 

With all the wifi included I can certainly see that as being annoying too if people don’t keep their device on silent or vibrate. 

We had no issues seeing the red dot (if my memory serves me correct).   Yes, you have to check but we didn’t use it a lot at all.  Only when one was “lost”!  Lol.  

23 minutes ago, Big Dawg CC said:

I agree. Even a banner alert would be nice and better than before. 

1 hour ago, rucrazy said:

Still won't recognize our booking under my sign in but does when I log in under husband's sign-in … so I ain't frettin..

So you made me look, I signed in and sure enough DH's works, mine doesn't. The DHs must be special!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

So you made me look, I signed in and sure enough DH's works, mine doesn't. The DHs must be special!

I am thinking it is something so in our profiles or in the booking  itself that it is having trouble recognizing bookings for us on the APP.. (just my uneducated  thought on this matter) 

Happy 4th Mary!

• Like 1

It may be that your DH's are listed as "Guest 1" and you are "Guest 2"

The TA insists on listing my DH as "Guest 1" even though I am the one doing the booking and keeping track of details and access accounts for check-in, reserving excursions and specialty restaurants. He is the one HAL sends e-mails to; I never get any from HAL.

Edited by Cruise Suzy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rucrazy said:

I am thinking it is something so in our profiles or in the booking  itself that it is having trouble recognizing bookings for us on the APP.. (just my uneducated  thought on this matter) 

Happy 4th Mary!

Happy 4th!

I am happy just to see the bookings in the app.  

• Like 1