Navigator Update

Vict0riann

Yesterday on the HAL blog there was an announcement of updates to the Navigator app.  I used to have it on my iPhone, but deleted it after each cruise as it didn't seem to be of much use if we were not on board.  Perhaps it will be worthwhile to have it all the time now.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/shipboard-info/holland-america-line-updates-navigator-mobile-device-app/
  • Like 3

Thank you - sounds good to me.  Although I almost always have a Retreat cabana and therefore don't have to stand over at NY Pizza waiting for my order, I'm glad to see the availability of ordering through the app now.  

Sue/WDW1972

16 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I just checked and mine is showing and I just booked it yesterday afternoon. 

Interesting... I won't stress over it yet...I will address it in the new year....that is when the cruise is supposed to happen..so let them tweak all they want.. and when cruise time comes around if it doesn't work it ain't my fault! lol

• Like 1

I updated my app just a few days ago.  Logged in and was looking at excursions.  Just went back in and no excursions are there.  Every day says "Come back closer to your cruise to plan your itinerary."

If I were going to book any, I'd do it online, not through my phone, unless I were traveling and didn't have my laptop.

I may just delete it and re-download closer to sailing.

I'd be surprised if it could be used for contact tracing. It doesn't have location access permissions.  I'm baffled by the flashlight control permission. Maybe there's an Instant Disco function now.

If I had to guess, I'd bet that you can access everything you need onboard via your web browser. That's how the old one worked. (Better than the app version, in my geek-opinion.)

These are the Android permissions. The Apple app store doesn't get as granular.

This app has access to:
aWNKQedLTpw6u6yyMjQObmuoKu67A1czWnIcvID86oAmMT02r5mNdRn6l9ZN2t2MIyH6tNy-01v7ukeQ=s20Storage
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
U-_SG8pHTsqU_IyZTGQRkVMdLaAUeq1OnKGrB06KHF1z7vkkIQK3iF0HcbfTe1RnGlh-ajnZkbphl2W3Gdk=s20Wi-Fi connection information
  • view Wi-Fi connections
BAH0TYCVcT4bH2ErsHtCEbO-1Tr5O5Hjwst6AFghZQt5pI8NkfonAsmYfnvj939aqSVtbuM81B38AB0GYQ=s20Device & app history
  • retrieve running apps
pHtIujPWxciAZcfYSwlrGGq14Z984rKLMgcm9RPATLiOlbrWy-tVlelEWgED7gpktgcD1tZizVeHiO5fkw=s20Photos/Media/Files
  • modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
  • read the contents of your USB storage
xbP_oGuJ21iG29iVh0p-UIZPzi_fYj8PMYiqDd9-LvaZ_a1tRcwp0I2-arfXvgX9YtfZTTaqwcLRWPNQM_c=s20Camera
  • take pictures and videos

Other
  • receive data from Internet
  • control flashlight
  • view network connections
  • read Google service configuration
  • full network access
  • prevent device from sleeping
  • run at startup
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

not good news Yes but at least I know we are booked! 🙂 

Joseph, didn't you say your cruise is not until next summer.  I called again and they continue to tell me it is too soon to see my April 2022 booking

19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Joseph, didn't you say your cruise is not until next summer.  I called again and they continue to tell me it is too soon to see my April 2022 booking

Next October.... I figured it was something like that... thank you for letting us know!

• Like 1

Just now, Sharon in AZ said:

But my October 2022 cruise is showing. Although I did book that a while ago. 

There seems to be a lot of misinformation coming out of HAL especially about technical issues.  The staff is not equipped to handle these questions.  I booked my April cruise in December.  

• Like 1