Specialty dining not available to book on Encore

Heather1972

They only open a certain number of reservations for online booking. They hold back a lot of them for people to book once they are on the ship. I am guessing that all of the slots open for online booking are full. The reps have the same information we do, so they are usually unable to help book meals.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

Several of the specialty restaurants on August Encore 8/14 are “not available to book”. Has anyone reached out to NCL to find out if this means they are full the entire cruise or what? 

Bookings for that cruise opened in early April.

130/125/120 days before sailing depending on stateroom category. Only about 1/3 of the reservations are open before embarkation day. The rest will open on 8/14. 

1 hour ago, DanMartin8602 said:

Encore Oct 16-23 dinners cannot be booked. Everything errors out. Lots of times available, but no booking.

Been that way for a week.

I booked mine for 16-23 October on June 18th when they opened up.

14 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

Several of the specialty restaurants on August Encore 8/14 are “not available to book”. Has anyone reached out to NCL to find out if this means they are full the entire cruise or what? 

Reservations opened over a month ago when the cruise was put on sale. All of the reservations are now sold out. You have waited too long to book. 

As recommended, upon embarkation, you should immediately go to the restaurant reservations and book the days and times that you want. Restaurant reservations onboard may sell out during prime time (even with 60% capacity). 

Pre-shutdown, restaurant reservations was located in the Teppanyaki restaurant, Deck 5, Mid-ship. Entertainment reservations was in The Social, Deck 5, Mid-ship. You can also use the touch screen kiosks located in public elevator lobbies and on Deck 5 near the Guest Services. Kiosks can be used to make reservations, but you have to talk to a physical person to change reservations. 

2 hours ago, Heather1972 said:

I called and got one reservation at the time we wanted. The rest (3) are currently around 8. Way too late! Crossing fingers I can get them changed on board. 

Not sure how the dining situation will be now at restaurants. With ships being only 60-80% capacity,  they may only open so many slots at each time. At least you got some booked.

4 minutes ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

We have dining booked for the first week of October. I believe platinum and above get to book around 100 days out, not sure when they open after that. 

Haven and Suite guests can book 130 days prior to departure

Club Suite guests can book 125 days prior to departure

Balcony and below can book 120 days prior to depature

Platinums do not get preferential booking. They book based on their cabin class.

In the case of the OP, the itinerary and cruise was created less than 120 days prior to departure, so reservations opened for everyone at the same time.  

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Haven and Suite guests can book 130 days prior to departure

Club Suite guests can book 125 days prior to departure

Balcony and below can book 120 days prior to depature

Platinums do not get preferential booking. They book based on their cabin class.

In the case of the OP, the itinerary and cruise was created less than 120 days prior to departure, so reservations opened for everyone at the same time.  

I couldn't remember, but we had no trouble. So maybe the time blocks were full for online bookings.

Did the Escape out NYC a couple years ago and missed the early reservations for online booking.  While I was in the terminal waiting to board, I was able to use the app to reserve all my specialty dining.  May be worth a shot while waiting. 

14 hours ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

You might want to keep trying. We have dining and entertainment booked for Oct 9-16 and also Oct 16-23. Bob

I have all booked that I wanted. Just decided to add one and it errors out every time regardless if it is a restaurant or upgrades.

Even though it says not available to book I was able to book, Ocean Blue, Cagneys and Teppanyaki, the only problem was with Teppanyaki that it was at 9:15pm and I was able to change it to earlier by calling. Double check because I can see availability for everything. 

4 hours ago, DanMartin8602 said:

I have all booked that I wanted. Just decided to add one and it errors out every time regardless if it is a restaurant or upgrades.

One other thing it may be is something you already booked and that time may conflict with what you are trying to add. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, zerooveride said:

I only see 6 or 8 person reservations on Onda for the 8/21 cruise . . . can you book that and once on board have them change it to a 2 person reservation?

I have read that people have booked for more people than were in their group and then altered the reservation once on board, but I am not sure how this works. Maybe someone that has done this will comment and let you know. I am curious as well.

Sometimes the main page for restaurant reservations will indicate that a particular venue is not available for reservations, but if you go ahead and click on it you will find that there are some time slots available.  You may have to pick a date other than your first choice, or you may have to book earlier or later than you might like, but there usually are some slots available.  As pointed out by others on this thread, NCL does hold back some time slots for booking on board, so if you can't get the reservation you want by booking online in advance, just wait until you get to embarkation and jump on it then.  Just today I booked specialty restaurants on the Encore for the August 28 sailing.  I was able to get a 7:30 seating for each of the seven nights, one night each at Cagney's, Food Republic, Le Bistro, Onda, and Ocean Blue and twice at Los Lobos.

On 6/28/2021 at 1:12 PM, zerooveride said:

I only see 6 or 8 person reservations on Onda for the 8/21 cruise . . . can you book that and once on board have them change it to a 2 person reservation?

It would be better to wait and book onboard on embarkation day. If you take the one or two 6-top or 8-top table the restaurant has, you are messing up the ability of people with large groups to book the restaurant,,,, especially if you don't make the change until the time of service. 

On 6/28/2021 at 12:12 PM, zerooveride said:

I have done that before.  The courteous thing to do is advise them as soon as you board.  If you show up at the restaurant with only two people on a reservation for six, though, they can either seat the two of you at a large table or shift things around and put you at a smaller table.  There may be a slight delay, but they can't really refuse to seat you simply because your phantom dinner companions don't join you for dinner.