Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

18 minutes ago, jvaka said:

We sail in seven days and Medallion app show one cabin # and Princess.com shows are actual cabin #. Does that mean are medallions are programmed wrong?

We sail tomorrow and our app still has us on the wrong ship! This after months of trying to get them to fix it. It seems to be a database problem rather than an actual app problem. In terms of showing up at the port and getting on your ship, just bring paper copies of all your correct info and you shouldn't have any trouble. It will be easier if your Medallion itself is connected to the proper info. In our case they finally got that part fixed, but not the app.

1 hour ago, jvaka said:

We sail in seven days and Medallion app show one cabin # and Princess.com shows are actual cabin #. Does that mean are medallions are programmed wrong?

Medallions are only coded with an identifier that connects it with your information on the Princess servers. So, your medallion is fine. Bring documentation to the pier and you will be fine. It is the app that is causing the problem.

Edited by Doug R.

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I uploaded my state vaccination card a few days ago and its still pending. How long should it take?

It may not be confirmed until port day, when they check your docs.  IT doesn’t 

know yet either.  They said just enter

your info and they will check it against 

your documents when you board.

Let us know what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It may not be confirmed until port day, when they check your docs.  IT doesn’t 

know yet either.  They said just enter

your info and they will check it against 

your documents when you board.

Let us know what happens.

So, why bother with the upload frustration?

57 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

QUESTION:  Has anyone NOT received an email notification when their medallion has shipped?  We are about two weeks out and have not heard anything.

Does it show shipped on the App?

I once did not get an email, but may have gone to junk?

It usually comes 2weeks to 10 days before your sail date.

If for some reason you don’t get it, don’t worry, it only takes a few minutes extra at the port to pick up.

32 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Does it show shipped on the App?

I once did not get an email, but may have gone to junk?

It usually comes 2weeks to 10 days before your sail date.

If for some reason you don’t get it, don’t worry, it only takes a few minutes extra at the port to pick up.

No, it just shows that we ordered it.  I check my spam/junk daily so I know the notification is not in there.  Thanks for the response.

9 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

No, it just shows that we ordered it.  I check my spam/junk daily so I know the notification is not in there.  Thanks for the response.

Probably not shipped then.  I’d just pick it up at the port if it doesn’t come. 
Not a big deal.  We had to do this a couple of times, once because we would not be home 2 weeks before to get it and another time at a foreign port, where everyone picks it up at the port.

Sigh - we had been fine, green lane with QR code and arrival group.  I logged in today to do the 24 hour health status check as we sail tomorrow on Discovery.  Now it says we are yellow and every time I try to enter the health portion (which earlier this morning worked and was just greyed out not letting me certify the statements) I now just get the blank white screen.  

I tried using the iPad, hoping it was just my iPhone and same thing. My last hope is to try my mom’s phone when I go visit her later today as she has the last version of the software and keep my fingers crossed that hers works. 

I am pretty technically savvy but if I am having these problems I have no idea how they expect people like my 74-year-old mother and 84-year-old mother-in-law to manage this app and its idiosyncrasies. 

7 minutes ago, CACruiser1973 said:

Sigh - we had been fine, green lane with QR code and arrival group.  I logged in today to do the 24 hour health status check as we sail tomorrow on Discovery.  Now it says we are yellow and every time I try to enter the health portion (which earlier this morning worked and was just greyed out not letting me certify the statements) I now just get the blank white screen.  

I tried using the iPad, hoping it was just my iPhone and same thing. My last hope is to try my mom’s phone when I go visit her later today as she has the last version of the software and keep my fingers crossed that hers works. 

I am pretty technically savvy but if I am having these problems I have no idea how they expect people like my 74-year-old mother and 84-year-old mother-in-law to manage this app and its idiosyncrasies. 

Same here, just getting a white screen when I try and get into Health Status. Let us know how you get on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

Same here, just getting a white screen when I try and get into Health Status. Let us know how you get on. 

So weird - just logged in again and now it lets me in. It still has an exclamation point next to my health documentation (which still says pending on my uploads of my vaccine card and test results).  But at least I could check the box now and also am back to green status. No idea why - but at least it is okay now. 

Just now, CACruiser1973 said:

So weird - just logged in again and now it lets me in. It still has an exclamation point next to my health documentation (which still says pending on my uploads of my vaccine card and test results).  But at least I could check the box now and also am back to green status. No idea why - but at least it is okay now. 

Same here now green again. I’m dreading trying to upload LFT results. 

Take a photo of your Green status and bar code and use that to board saying you can’t get a connection in case it goes to yellow again.

24 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Take a photo of your Green status and bar code and use that to board saying you can’t get a connection in case it goes to yellow again.

Last night "Arrival Status" was YELLOW.  This morning "Arrival Status" was GREEN.  I tried to go to health status (which is not checked green yet) to see if my immunization record had been "approved" or not... and got *loading*... then the white screen hang again. 

I restarted the app and got past the "white screen"... but "Proof of Vaccine" still "Document Pending Approval". 

Still Flaky... but maybe a little better than last night.

Edited by Digisailor
Additional info after posting

I don't mean to sound negative. But I have been having nothing but trouble with this App. Going from green to blue. Showing I haven't filled something in , like emergency contact which I have done over and over .Clicked on the read cruise contract box , save and now it says it wasn't done Even my birthdate goes from filled out to not filled out and I can look at it an it shows it correctly. GURR! It used to be so much easier. This would be great technology, if it works properly.  I am an Elite member . Not a stranger to filling out pre cruise forms

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

My status has been green for the last six weeks, why has it suddenly turned to yellow. Panicking now, how do I correct it? 

Once you do the health check 24 hours before sailing date you will go back to green. No problama

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

Sigh. It is just laughable at this point. It is now yellow again. I give up.  

Thankfully, I took your advice and did a screenshot of the green with the QR code. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CACruiser1973 said:

Sigh. It is just laughable at this point. It is now yellow again. I give up.  

Thankfully, I took your advice and did a screenshot of the green with the QR code. 

Seems the weekend there a lot of ups and downs on the App and website. A PCL agent told me they were down and to try later.

I would just forget it and try again Monday.  Or, just do it at the port. JMO

6 hours ago, Italy52 said:

QUESTION:  Has anyone NOT received an email notification when their medallion has shipped?  We are about two weeks out and have not heard anything.

We received an email stating on the way but the tracking number does not indicate that it is actually moving. Feel sure it will arrive in time!