Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

It really is no big deal to pick it up at the port, if you have to. Only takes a few minutes extra.  You prob want to buy the customized accessories, though.

Did you see a line for people with medallions? I did not see one at Long Beach just Left for Platinum/Elite Right for others.

47 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Did you see a line for people with medallions? I did not see one at Long Beach just Left for Platinum/Elite Right for others.

Yes, there was a separate line for those who were not in the green lane.  
However, it was not long and was moving  quickly, when I was there about 1100 am.

This was FLL. No big deal.

These 2 posters are trying to order customized OM.

42 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Yes, there was a separate line for those who were not in the green lane.  

But was there a line for Medallion holders? I just decide to wait until at the pier to get Medallion based on posts from people sweating delivery of medallions, lost Medallions etc.

16 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

But was there a line for Medallion holders? I just decide to wait until at the pier to get Medallion based on posts from people sweating delivery of medallions, lost Medallions etc.

We went right through, no one waiting.

Took about 2 mins, had our medallions on, showed our docs, that was it.

I never had a problem getting the medallion in the mail, since 2018.

No reason to sweat the delivery.  You get them about 2 weeks before departure.

If you didn’t get them for some reason,

then just pickup at the port.

No big deal, really.

47 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

No big deal, really.

Got it, thanks, we will go ahead and order ours for Sept cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

No big deal, really.

If you pick them up at the port because you could never order, I assume you don't get your name and ship etched on them? They are just generic?

16 minutes ago, Yo Howdy said:

If you pick them up at the port because you could never order, I assume you don't get your name and ship etched on them? They are just generic?

When we picked up ours, we had stated to pick up at port on the order, and we did have our names on it.

Are you leaving soon?  If IT doesn’t fix your problem, can you order just the free medallion and free lanyard?  Then, you could have it shipped or pick up at port option.  Those options, it would have your name and sailing date.

The one time we picked up at the port, was because we would not be home 2 weeks before to get it shipped. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

20 hours ago, West Coast Gal said:

Just got off of Emerald Princess on a British Isles cruise, the medallion app barely worked, thank goodness I asked for a paper copy of the Princess Platter to be delivered to the room.  Every once in awhile we could get the Dining app to get past the "loading" page.  It was fine for getting everything set up ahead of time, but basically worthless on the ship.

There is a glitch to using the app onboard.  IIRC, once you’re onboard and accessing The WiFi, you need to log out of the app, then log back in.

I think the theory is that if you’re logged on off the ship, the app is accessing your record from the shore database.  When you’re on the ship, the app is hitting a completely different database (and set of information).  If you don’t log out of the app, then back in, once you’re connected to the ships WiFi, the app still tries to access your off board data, which can be really slow.

I don’t know how accurate this is, but it technically makes sense.  And it seems to have fixed issues for many people.

The app worked perfectly for us onboard the Majestic last month, even though the internet connection was pretty spotty (bad) much of the time, and my medallion needed replacement.  I automatically shut down the app before I got onboard, so can’t say if the above solution would’ve had any effect.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

When we picked up ours, we had stated to pick up at port on the order, and we did have our names on it.

Are you leaving soon?  If IT doesn’t fix your problem, can you order just the free medallion and free lanyard?  Then, you could have it shipped or pick up at port option.  Those options, it would have your name and sailing date.

The one time we picked up at the port, was because we would not be home 2 weeks before to get it shipped. 

No, the app won't let me order to pick up at the port either. No review items and the "place your order" button still grayed out. Thing is totally glitched out. It's too bad..I've had cruises in the past where I had no problem ordering the medallion beforehand while everyone else was having issues. Guess it's my turn. I'm kind of surprised that after all this time they haven't ironed out the bugs. Of course, after #3059 posts in the third thread of complaints, I should have known better. Frankly, I'm usually just a lurker around here and only posted because I noticed others were having the identical issue I'm having.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yo Howdy said:

No, the app won't let me order to pick up at the port either. No review items and the "place your order" button still grayed out. Thing is totally glitched out. It's too bad..I've had cruises in the past where I had no problem ordering the medallion beforehand while everyone else was having issues. Guess it's my turn. I'm kind of surprised that after all this time they haven't ironed out the bugs. Of course, after #3059 posts in the third thread of complaints, I should have known better. Frankly, I'm usually just a lurker around here and only posted because I noticed others were having the identical issue I'm having.

I wasn’t able to use the app to order our medallions before our cruise, and was surprised that they were waiting for us, with our names already printed on them, when we checked in at the terminal. Fingers crossed that you will have the same experience! Safe travels 😊

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Yo Howdy said:

IT should get back to you and fix it.  If not, don’t worry about it.  
I have shut down my phone and back up sometimes when the App goes crazy.

Something to try if you get a white screen or no response. 
Otherwise, send another message to IT if you are getting close to sailing.

7 minutes ago, kamelia said:

I wasn’t able to use the app to order our medallions before our cruise, and was surprised that they were waiting for us, with our names already printed on them, when we checked in at the terminal. Fingers crossed that you will have the same experience! Safe travels 😊

In the UK you cannot have your medallion sent to you. You have to collect them at the pier, and they are engraved with your name, ship and date.

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

In the UK you cannot have your medallion sent to you. You have to collect them at the pier, and they are engraved with your name, ship and date.

😉 And if you’re in the U.S. AND the MedallionClass app is working, there are options to have the medallions shipped or ask to pick them up at the port.  If the options aren’t available, pick up at the port (already personalized) appears to be the default, based on personal experience of five cruises, from three different terminals.  I was trying to let Yo Howdy know that it’s likely that not being able to use the app to order the medallion ahead of time shouldn’t be a show stopper.

30 minutes ago, kamelia said:

That's interesting. Maybe I shouldn't sweat the small stuff and should worry more about whether COVID is going to crop up again. COVID has cancelled my last two cruises 🙂

Thanks!

• Like 1

Is there another way to purchase internet besides through the Medallion app?  I'm getting nothing but the spinning circle of death when I try and enter a different credit card.  If I use the existing card, I get a failure popup and I do pay my bills, so it's failing because of them.  Can I purchase on the ship in guest services? 

Edit: got it to work on my tablet, I guess it didn't like my smartphone.  I'm bringing both on the trip so crossing fingers at least one works onboard.

Edited by atexsix

2 hours ago, Yo Howdy said:

Ours, picked up at port, had our names on them, I was not aware that there are different medallions.

31 minutes ago, Yo Howdy said:

That's interesting. Maybe I shouldn't sweat the small stuff and should worry more about whether COVID is going to crop up again. COVID has cancelled my last two cruises 🙂

Thanks!

Good idea!

14 minutes ago, northcalgal said:

Received our Medallions in the mail. Have downloaded app & all info in. Cruising on 5/30. Do we have to do anything else? Or do we just check in with all our documents & wearing our app.

That’s it!  Print your luggage tags and travel summary. Take your covid test results, vaccine cards, passport and any other documents you need.

Wear your Medallion… lol

Have a great time!

Edited by PacnGoNow

57 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s it!  Print your luggage tags and travel summary. Take your covid test results, vaccine cards, passport and any other documents you need.

Wear your Medallion… lol

Have a great time!

Thank you. 

17 hours ago, kamelia said:

Maybe anyone who doesn't order a medallion ahead of time has one etched/printed and ready when they arrive at the port.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Maybe anyone who doesn't order a medallion ahead of time has one etched/printed and ready when they arrive at the port.

I believe they can make them.  My husband lost his medallion on a cruise last month and guest services made him another with all his info on the medallion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1