Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

24 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

You could use medically exempt. He's not old enough for the vaccine, so in my opinion (with 30+ years of nursing behind me), that's a medical reason.

Princess might not agree. 

They ay not, but you are correct.  It is a medical exemption IMO.  Let them change their stats if they want to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lauraa88 said:

Hi all, I'm travelling on the Regal in June with my husband and our 11 month old son. On the medallion app for my baby, when I select he's not vaccinated it then says he's unwell which is annoying. When I select that he's exempt it only gives the option for religious or medical. 

I called princess and the advisor told me to select that he's vaccinated which I don't feel comfortable doing because it's not true. Any advice? 

I’d send this question to the IT team.

How are you supposed to show children under 5 on the App?

Let them figure it out or fix the app.

Give your:

full names and name and age of infant also

ship name

sail date

booking no

LMK what they say.

askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

You could use medically exempt. He's not old enough for the vaccine, so in my opinion (with 30+ years of nursing behind me), that's a medical reason.

Princess might not agree. 

So true!  But, they need to correct this on the App.  
Thank you for being a medical professional during these covid times.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, sundaypeople5 said:

In the Medallion app on my IPhone, when I click on Personal Information and go to Cruise Personalizer it is just a white screen. Should anything be showing up there yet?

Access cruise personalizer through the website, not the app.  Are you trying to book the spa, excursions, etc?  It may be set up one day to do it, but for now, it’s on the website.

Sign into your account on the website.

Then manage your booking…

Edited by PacnGoNow

4 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Access cruise personalizer through the website, not the app.  Are you trying to book the spa, excursions, etc?  It may be set up one day to do it, but for now, it’s on the website.

Sign into your account on the website.

Then manage your booking…

Thank you. We have been doing that from the website, but wondered why it didn’t show up on the phones yet. I appreciate your time. 

17 minutes ago, sundaypeople5 said:

Thank you. We have been doing that from the website, but wondered why it didn’t show up on the phones yet. I appreciate your time. 

No problem.  It’s not ready for prime time!

lol

Cruise personalizer items you pay for will show up on your travel summary on the website. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

Once I get on the ship what do I have to do to set up my phone for the shipboard Medallion Ap? I saw it here but now I can't find it.

Connect to the WiFi first.

I think there may be a link in the MC App. 

I know you can do this URL:  <shipname>.princess.com.

I think you can also do login.com, or similar.

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Connect to the WiFi first.

I think there may be a link in the MC App. 

I know you can do this URL:  <shipname>.princess.com.

I think you can also do login.com, or similar.

First put your phone on airplane mode. This keeps it from connecting to cell service. You don’t want it to connect to the Princess cell service. Then connect to wifi which will take you to a page that lets you buy or use service you are entitled to. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Userclown said:

First put your phone on airplane mode. This keeps it from connecting to cell service. You don’t want it to connect to the Princess cell service. Then connect to wifi which will take you to a page that lets you buy or use service you are entitled to. 

Also set Auto Connect in Wi Fi settings.

Hi all, I'm currently on the Discovery Princess. Loving the ship and the crew on my third Alaska trip. But NOT loving the app.

Advice from the boat:

Sign up for the printed materials like the Patter, because accessing the schedule from the app hasn't worked yet (endless Loading screens).

The app works great for room service and amenities. Small caveat: you can't order just hot water for your own tea from the app, you have to call Room Service (and wait). I went ahead and bought a metal water bottle so i can bring hot water down from the Lido deck. Next cruise, I'll bring my biggest vacuum bottle for that purpose.

But, oh, it is so lovely to be sailing again!

PS: I work in tech so did the usual reboot and also reinstall. Their servers are just slow and not handling the traffic.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ellenb23 said:

The app works great for room service and amenities. Small caveat: you can't order just hot water for your own tea from the app, you have to call Room Service (and wait). I went ahead and bought a metal water bottle so i can bring hot water down from the Lido deck. Next cruise, I'll bring my biggest vacuum bottle for that purpose.

I noticed that when we were on our recent cruise. What were they thinking? Only options were the drinks that cost $$.

20 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I noticed that when we were on our recent cruise. What were they thinking? Only options were the drinks that cost $$.

Yes, they left out iced tea, lemonade, etc. We ordered on the app, then called room svc for the free drinks.  

On 5/4/2022 at 7:50 AM, Mom&amp;MeCruiseAL said:

Is there a secret to ordering the Medallion?  I've been trying for a month or more.  Tried on my phone and my husbands with no luck.  Even though we both ordered customize art on the medallion, nothing shows up in the review cart section.  I can pick shipping address and credit card but can't finalize the order.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

I've been having the same problem for the last month. Driving me nuts...the "review the items in your cart" section is blank and the "place your order" button is grayed out and not clickable. Very frustrating and a huge waste of time. The Ocean tech support advised they are helping people in the order of sailings so would get back to my case when they get to it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Yo Howdy said:

I've been having the same problem for the last month. Driving me nuts...the "review the items in your cart" section is blank and the "place your order" button is grayed out and not clickable. Very frustrating and a huge waste of time. The Ocean tech support advised they are helping people in the order of sailings so would get back to my case when they get to it.

Then it must be a glitch on your booking, if they are going to get back to you also.

I wonder if Mom&MecruiseAL heard from IT?

Do you have green checks on 1, 3 & 5?

Especially, number 3…Medallion pay?

Edited by PacnGoNow

On 5/10/2022 at 8:48 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

I just got off the Emerald Princess, and they had plug in hot pots in the room that you could make tea or instant coffee

Just got off of Emerald Princess on a British Isles cruise, the medallion app barely worked, thank goodness I asked for a paper copy of the Princess Platter to be delivered to the room.  Every once in awhile we could get the Dining app to get past the "loading" page.  It was fine for getting everything set up ahead of time, but basically worthless on the ship.

33 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Then it must be a glitch on your booking, if they are going to get back to you also.

I wonder if Mom&MecruiseAL heard from IT?

Do you have green checks on 1, 3 & 5?

Especially, number 3…Medallion pay?

I've got green checks next to the first 8 items on the booking.

25 minutes ago, Yo Howdy said:

I've got green checks next to the first 8 items on the booking.

Sorry, referring to the App ocean ready profile is numbered 1-5 for Green lane.

Does the Medallion pay line no 3, have a green check?

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Sorry, referring to the App ocean ready profile is numbered 1-5 for Green lane.

Does the Medallion pay line no 3, have a green check?

Yes, everything has a check except for the medallion selection. Everything else worked fine so 1,3,4, and 5 are all checked.

8 hours ago, Yo Howdy said:

Yes, everything has a check except for the medallion selection. Everything else worked fine so 1,3,4, and 5 are all checked.

Okay, definitely sounds like IT needs to fix your booking.  Another glitch.

It really is no big deal to pick it up at the port, if you have to. Only takes a few minutes extra.  You prob want to buy the customized accessories, though.

But, if you’re like me, you want to do it all ahead of time.  

54 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Okay, definitely sounds like IT needs to fix your booking.  Another glitch.

It really is no big deal to pick it up at the port, if you have to. Only takes a few minutes extra.  You prob want to buy the customized accessories, though.

But, if you’re like me, you want to do it all ahead of time.  

Exactly. Oh well, first world problems. Thanks for your help.

Edited by Yo Howdy