Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

Pretty sure I've seen something on this but not finding yet so thought I'd ask.

I'm trying to add our daughter's info and am stuck adding myself as Emergency Contact.

I add my name, day phone, select "Same as Day Phone" for evening phone, add my email, select Parent as relationship, select Use for all travel companions.

SAVE still is grayed out.  What have I missed?

56 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Pretty sure I've seen something on this but not finding yet so thought I'd ask.

I'm trying to add our daughter's info and am stuck adding myself as Emergency Contact.

I add my name, day phone, select "Same as Day Phone" for evening phone, add my email, select Parent as relationship, select Use for all travel companions.

SAVE still is grayed out.  What have I missed?

I believe there has been a challenge in this area of the app with Country Code for the phone number.  Check that carefully and make sure you have the +1 selected.

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I believe there has been a challenge in this area of the app with Country Code for the phone number.  Check that carefully and make sure you have the +1 selected.

I was focusing on that box but wasn't able to edit it.  I logged off without saving and will try again later.

Gawd, that game last night was awful.  Any decent offense makes it past Watt and Heyward and there's almost nothing in the way.  😟

6 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I was focusing on that box but wasn't able to edit it.  I logged off without saving and will try again later.

Gawd, that game last night was awful.  Any decent offense makes it past Watt and Heyward and there's almost nothing in the way.  😟

Yes, I didn't pay close attention some of the time.  It was rough.  I thought that Watt recovery and TD might spark them, but the offense went nowhere until garbage time and the defense can only do so much.  I didn't know that we might have a good chance, but that was pretty much a blow-over. 

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I didn't pay close attention some of the time.  It was rough.  I thought that Watt recovery and TD might spark them, but the offense went nowhere until garbage time and the defense can only do so much.  I didn't know that we might have a good chance, but that was pretty much a blow-over. 

I was back and forth between the game and the Sony Open.  The golf was a lot more fun.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

The country code was the problem but it was brutal trying to get it input.

Thanks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

The country code was the problem but it was brutal trying to get it input.

Thanks.

Lots brutal about this app.  I think I recall noticing some releases back when they redesigned the page, that they had crammed the entire phone number I had previously saved into the Country Code field.

Have you had problems with your

b2b’s partially disappearing and sometimes reappearing. 
I

My end one has disappeared now for the last two days.  I’ve not made any changes st all.  Reported it about 5 times since December and it reappears and now it’s gone again!  
The IT will look into it.

Okay…..

Cruise personalizer is intact.

4 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Have you had problems with your

b2b’s partially disappearing and sometimes reappearing. 
I

My end one has disappeared now for the last two days.  I’ve not made any changes at all.  Reported it about 5 times since December and it reappears and now it’s gone again!  
The IT will look into it.

Okay…..

Cruise personalizer is intact.

Only time we "lost" a segment from our B2B2B was when a segment was re-fared into a new booking number and it took a day or two to re-sync up to MC App.  When that happens, sometimes some of the Personal Information for check-in process may be missing and of course any DMW bookings are gone. 

I just got a reply to my November 24th bug report about not being able to upload security photos:

Hello Brian,

I tested the app today and there is no change, the security photo issue is a common known issue and we are working to resolve the data programing.

I’ve asked the tech team for an update and will follow up as soon as more information becomes available.

Not to worry… we’ll have you ready to sail in plenty of time ahead of your voyage. We appreciate your patience while we investigate.

Kind regards,

MedallionClass Support Team

Edited by epistax
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Only time we "lost" a segment from our B2B2B was when a segment was re-fared into a new booking number and it took a day or two to re-sync up to MC App.  When that happens, sometimes some of the Personal Information for check-in process may be missing and of course any DMW bookings are gone. 

Yes, I thought maybe something on cruise personalizer had disappeared again too, so I went over every b2b and checked all the information.  Nothing was missing. Can’t figure it out. 
I just got a survey again, this time about using OM and my ship.  I used my comment area to discuss the problems with the APP.  So tired of this pre cruise stress.

Thank you for the reply.

I thought I would give an update to the issues we were having pre-cruise and the app performance during our December 25th 7 day cruise. The app pre-cruise issues were pretty much fixed about 2 weeks before the cruise and we got in the "green lane". However when we got to one of the manned podiums, the person could not pull us up in the system. We ended up having to go to a desk for the next level support and they figured it out. This really should not have happened, however in reality it only added about 20 minutes to the check in process. All was forgotten when we were walking down the ramp into the ship!

The app worked great on the ship with the exception of the notifications that you can send between people. These notifications were working, however we could only see the message or notification if we were in the app. The app never notified us like a text message or other apps do. We talked to the app desk they had setup but they couldn't fix it.

Now on to the next cruise which is our first B2B in June. It looks like we are starting over with the same problem as the last cruise. The app again says "You do not have any journeys. Select Link Booking to add one" When I try and link the booking, it says "This booking has already been claimed". Since the phone call to a rep didn't help at all last time, I resent the message from the previous cruise to the askoceanmedallian email and asked they fix the problem for good this time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, epistax said:

I just got a reply to my November 24th bug report about not being able to upload security photos:

Hello Brian,

I tested the app today and there is no change, the security photo issue is a common known issue and we are working to resolve the data programing.

If it weren't for Cruise Critic (and maybe FB but I wouldn't know because I'm not on it) none of the the App's issue would be known!  It has been obvious since the first release that Princess and Accenture expected users to be the system testers without any of the tools (the requirements analysis, the design, a comprehensive list of issues discovered, etc.) required - not to mention the technical ability - to do so.  And as popular as Cruise Critic is, there aren't enough of us to make any issue commonly known!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, capriccio said:

If it weren't for Cruise Critic (and maybe FB but I wouldn't know because I'm not on it) none of the the App's issue would be known!  It has been obvious since the first release that Princess and Accenture expected users to be the system testers without any of the tools (the requirements analysis, the design, a comprehensive list of issues discovered, etc.) required - not to mention the technical ability - to do so.  And as popular as Cruise Critic is, there aren't enough of us to make any issue commonly known!

Even some of the things that work are non-intuitive and can be a pain to figure out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fairmontracer said:

The app worked great on the ship with the exception of the notifications that you can send between people. These notifications were working, however we could only see the message or notification if we were in the app. The app never notified us like a text message or other apps do. We talked to the app desk they had setup but they couldn't fix it.

This has always been the case with Princess - even before MC App.  Suggest using something like WhatsApp (or the Apple msg thing if you are an Apple user).  These are better options, providing you have internet.

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

This has always been the case with Princess - even before MC App.  Suggest using something like WhatsApp (or the Apple msg thing if you are an Apple user).  These are better options, providing you have internet.

We use Apple msg all the time.  Have to try it when we have 7 on the March cruise scattered all over the ship and doing different thing in port.  Assuming we get to be in port.  🙂

Hi there,   I'm not sure where to post my question. Please redirect if not here. 

In the old days on Princess, I was able to use my internet minutes on either of my devices.  It seems that with Medallion net, I need to purchase a 4 device plan to use my phone and tablet on board. 

Is this accurate?  Thanks in advance

Kathy

5 minutes ago, Kcofny.56 said:

Hi there,   I'm not sure where to post my question. Please redirect if not here. 

In the old days on Princess, I was able to use my internet minutes on either of my devices.  It seems that with Medallion net, I need to purchase a 4 device plan to use my phone and tablet on board. 

Kathy

No.  You login to the next device and system notifies you are logged into another device and offers to disconnect.  You can have any number of devices, but only active login to one at a time.  You can be on 4 devices at once if have that plan.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Kcofny.56 said:

Kathy

45 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No.  You login to the next device and system notifies you are logged into another device and offers to disconnect.  You can have any number of devices, but only active login to one at a time.  You can be on 4 devices at once if have that plan.

Also, if you have a pre-set number of internet minutes, make sure you log off when not using the internet otherwise your minutes will get burned up because you were still connected.  I don't know if they still offer a limited number of minutes.  As a Captain's Circle member you may only get a discount on unlimited plans.

Edited by Daniel A

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Also, if you have a pre-set number of internet minutes, make sure you log off when not using the internet otherwise your minutes will get burned up because you were still connected.  I don't know if they still offer a limited number of minutes.  As a Captain's Circle member you may only get a discount on unlimited plans.

Nope - the minutes plans were gone with the return to sea. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Nope - the minutes plans were gone with the return to sea. 

Yeah, I thought that might be the case.  I didn't really pay much attention to the new 'perks' as the Captain's Circle internet perk wasn't really applicable as I booked with the Best Value option which included unlimited internet for one device.  DW is also booked the same way, so we can have 2 devices connected at the same time.