Diamond Benefits Question

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If you want to ask a certain poster put @ and then start typing their name so they get a alert.

@twangsterseems to know about IT and might know about hearing aides connected to blue tooth if anyone does. 

@Biker19is how you ask him a question so he might see it.

PS I cant search these boards either, dont feel bad. 

Thank you, firefly333. I was actually going to post the question, but then, haha, when Cigar King said that these boards were "easily searchable" I felt like an idiot for rarely being successful when I try to search for something.  Anyway, I think I may actually just post the bluetooth/hearing aid question. ☺️

21 minutes ago, alex_drew said:

Thank you, firefly333. I was actually going to post the question, but then, haha, when Cigar King said that these boards were "easily searchable" I felt like an idiot for rarely being successful when I try to search for something.  Anyway, I think I may actually just post the bluetooth/hearing aid question. ☺️

Lol quoting me works too so I get a alert, or like I said use the @ and then start typing my name until you see it come up, click on it ... so it looks like this

@alex_drew see its blue so I know you will be alerted .

12 hours ago, alex_drew said:

I told my friend who has never cruised that she and her husband need to keep their phones in airplane mode while the ship is sailing so as not to incur roaming charges.  She asked if bluetooth is separate from internet and cell service charges.  Her husband has his hearing aids connected to his phone via bluetooth.

Have them put the phone in airplane mode AND afterwards turn on Bluetooth (if it's not already on).  They don't require internet.

That being said, it sounds like the hearing aids are being used to broadcast a phone call or other audio to the aids.  They should be aware that with the phone in airplane mode they will NOT be getting calls.  About the only thing I can think they could be used for is listening to music or movies from the cell phone.

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

Have them put the phone in airplane mode AND afterwards turn on Bluetooth (if it's not already on).  They don't require internet.

That being said, it sounds like the hearing aids are being used to broadcast a phone call or other audio to the aids.  They should be aware that with the phone in airplane mode they will NOT be getting calls.  About the only thing I can think they could be used for is listening to music or movies from the cell phone.

It isn't for music or movies.  With his new hearing aids you do all of your regular "hearing" adjustments with the hearing aid "app" that is downloaded to your phone.  You can direct which way the sound comes from and if you are in a very noisy environment you can turn the sound for your hearing aids down; all adjustments are made through the app. I think, but am not sure, that if the bluetooth isn't connected he can't hear, but that may be incorrect.  Anyway, it is when I told them about needing the phone in airplane mode that they started to worry because they haven't travelled with these hearing aids.  Anyway, thanks.  You just confirmed my thought, that they do NOT require internet for bluetooth.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol quoting me works too so I get a alert, or like I said use the @ and then start typing my name until you see it come up, click on it ... so it looks like this

@alex_drew see its blue so I know you will be alerted .

Thanks firefly!

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 12:02 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

unfortunately it does not included drinks for kids.  In a lounge we have had no problems but they do not get vouchers for use elsewhere

Unless things changed recently and I hope it doesn't change, but our daughter been getting free 4 drinks vouchers each day ever since they started with the 4 drink vouchers (all those sailings she were 14-17 years old) .  She was able to use those vouchers outside of the diamond lounge,  at bars getting non-alcoholic mixed drinks,  Cafe Promenade coffee shop for specialty coffee (latte, cappuccino) and even at Johnny Rockets getting milk shake. Our last cruise was on the Allure August 2022.

Edited by StrikeEagle

47 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

He can test the hearing aid thing at home right now. Just have him put his phone in airplane mode and turn Bluetooth on.

Oh, good idea, thanks...why didn't I think of that! 😝

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrikeEagle said:

Unless things changed recently and I hope it doesn't change, but our daughter been getting free 4 drinks vouchers each day ever since they started with the 4 drink vouchers (all those sailings she were 14-17 years old) .  She was able to use those vouchers outside of the diamond lounge,  at bars getting non-alcoholic mixed drinks,  Cafe Promenade coffee shop for specialty coffee (latte, cappuccino) and even at Johnny Rockets getting milk shake. Our last cruise was on the Allure August 2022.

Look at the date that I posted.  It was correct at that time and changed sometime after that. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Look at the date that I posted.  It was correct at that time and changed sometime after that. 

Thanks for the explaination,  I'm glad she will still get the vouchers. 😀

• Like 1