Diamond Benefits Question

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Just realize that could go away on any sailing at any time.

Biker, who would not base any booking on potential perks.

I would mind if I got to 340 pts and then they took away the solo perk. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

You’ll most likely pay more for the cruise than the benefits are worth. 
Diamond benefits - free photo, drinks, lounge access, internet discount.

All those benfits tend to make you spend more money in a long run. All those discounts are only ways to attract your attention and bring you on board where you will spend even more money. In any case, its good that we still get all those deals. 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 12:35 PM, emory2001 said:

I will reach Diamond during my March cruise on Odyssey. If I book one more cruise before then, just a 2 or 3-day, I’ll be Diamond before and ON that Odyssey cruise. I’m trying to figure out if the benefits are worth it to pay for one more cruise just to be Diamond one cruise earlier, because I definitely will be before my May cruise.

We are sailing on the March 12, 2022 Odyssey sailing and that should be the cruise that puts us at Diamond level as well.  Don't go ahead and take a short cruise just so you can beat us to Diamond.

😉

2 hours ago, emory2001 said:

It turns out two friends I was trying to plan a staycation weekend with decided we should take a cruise instead, sooooo I’m not mad about that! 😆🛳

Seems like you made your decision to beat us to Diamond.  I'll try not to hold it against you.  I may do the same thing if I lived close to a port like you do.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2021 at 8:47 PM, emory2001 said:

I completely agree Royal could have better loyalty benefits, which is why I’ve never “chased status” before. I just happened to notice I’m going to be really close right before going on the newest ship, so I thought it might be worth considering.

Better loyalty benefits🤔

What more would you need

• Like 2

Here is how I see the level Diamond Benefits

Free photo - $ 5

Drinks - Saves me from buying a drinks package $ 50+ a day

Lounge access - Saves my sanity when out of stateroom on Royal children friendly ships $$$$

Internet - Pays for our cruises as I can still "do" business while aboard. $$$

Strawberries, Cookies, Cokes - $ 10

I'm going to have to outlive the wife to use the 150% rate. Or I definitely won't be outliving the wife.

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

Cokes?  Do Diamonds get a choice of soft drinks, or even water?  Is it a 6-pack?  Thanks!

(not Diamond ‘till after next cruise).  

2 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Free photo - $ 5

Lounge access - Saves my sanity when out of stateroom on Royal children friendly ships $$$$

I'm going to have to outlive the wife to use the 150% rate. Or I definitely won't be outliving the wife.

Diamond Balcony discount - $250 on a 7 day cruise

• Like 1

Just now, BSocial said:

oh!  It’s one can of soft drink or 1 bottle of water.   😂  don’t know why I read the previous poster’s  comment and visualized a 6-pack.  

thank you very much for the link.

Drink slowly, it will seem like more.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Drink slowly, it will seem like more.

And I've been sorely disappointed to find out the diamond discount isnt all its cracked up to be, now that I've hit it. It's taken off some percentage of the flash sales or other sales and may even be 0 discount. 

Though having the drink vouchers is  nice, even if I dont use them all. Nice to have as a fall back. To me that's the nicest perk. 

33 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And I've been sorely disappointed to find out the diamond discount isnt all its cracked up to be, now that I've hit it. It's taken off some percentage of the flash sales or other sales and may even be 0 discount. 

It's always the full amount if you book into group space

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Free photo - $ 5

I didn’t know that Internet was a perk.  Ummmm.  Might be hard to squeeze in a 5 day cruise before October.  I guess we are talking voom surf & stream.  I rarely use it but now my wife won’t have to share.

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I didn’t know that Internet was a perk.  Ummmm.  Might be hard to squeeze in a 5 day cruise before October.  I guess we are talking voom surf & stream.  I rarely use it but now my wife won’t have to share.

I could be wrong, but I think it's at most 1 day of internet, not the whole cruise until you are a pinnacle at 700 pts.

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If I'm not telling you about the wrong company loyalty program, Diamond is 24 straight hours of internet per Diamond member. Or a discount on Internet. I think that is the Royal Caribbean Diamond level benefit.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I could be wrong, but I think it's at most 1 day of internet, not the whole cruise until you are a pinnacle at 700 pts.

So I could book less than 25 suite cruises and be there!

3 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

If I'm not telling you about the wrong company loyalty program, Diamond is 24 straight hours of internet per Diamond member. Or a discount on Internet. I think that is the Royal Caribbean Diamond level benefit.

correct.  D is 24 hours, d+ is 48 hours (2 x 24 hour periods) per member

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Is that a 24 hour period or can you use it a few hours a day with a total limit of 24 hours.

You can't turn it on and off.  It's one continuous 24 hr period.

• Thanks 2