Princess Online Check-In

Bosch

Since approx. 15%-20% of the population do not own a smart device, I am wondering why Princess has transferred it's check-in process from their website to the Medallion App.  It appears that this will result in longer check-ins at the cruise terminal.  At least give passengers the option to complete the check-in process on the App or the website.  Perhaps I am missing something...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, many others feel your pain.  Have you seen this thread on the MC App for discussing problems and solutions?

Where on the App?

My thoughts are the medallion app has created more stress for me than the old process   It must make it much easier for princess or they would not do it   I never worried about arrival groups or scheduling dinner times   I cruise for relaxation and fun not for added stress   So to heck with it i will bring all the required documents, get on the shuttle, and hope for the best  i am thru worrying about the app, which is often dysfunctional    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think it was on their webinar, Princess stated that only 10% of their customers do not have a smartphone?  Now if they could only help the remaining 90% of us with the freaking app, everything would be perfect in the world!

• Haha 3

I have the app, but will check in on line if possible, or at the port if that's what they want. My cruise isn't until Jan, 2023, so I'm not worrying about it now. Things will probably change at least 10 times before then.

3 hours ago, Ragdollbd said:

How long before your cruise can you set up a check in time?  This is my first Princess Cruise.

I've been able to complete checking for our 8/29/21 cruise, except for the medical section which isn't available yet. I think that becomes available two or three days out.

• Like 1

I finally got the app to work and filled out what I can, but there's portions in the app that cannot be filled until it's closer to departure.  So bottom line is that we cannot fill out 100% of it at this time anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ED49404 said:

I finally got the app to work and filled out what I can, but there's portions in the app that cannot be filled until it's closer to departure.  So bottom line is that we cannot fill out 100% of it at this time anyway.

I still have to decide on pics for us for our Profile and Security pics. This part is hard... 🤪

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I've been able to complete checking for our 8/29/21 cruise, except for the medical section which isn't available yet. I think that becomes available two or three days out.

You are doing better than me, I sail 8/03/21 and still cant put my passport details in. 

30 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I still have to decide on pics for us for our Profile and Security pics. This part is hard... 🤪

I ised a picture of my car for my profile picture

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, davemorton said:

You are doing better than me, I sail 8/03/21 and still cant put my passport details in. 

Well, I guess I cheated on that one. We did a Medallion cruise in 2019, and all the passport info was still valid and still in the app.

• Haha 1

Hmmm.... It seems if I use an existing pic from the phone's photo gallery it gets put into a "frame" and squished. One pic not only got squished it got turned sideways.  Now that's what I call quality programming by golly!

• Like 1