club suite & free at sea beverage package value

LADinCT

Club suite - are there any perks like tender priority? NCL agent said better bedding/mattress but that was about it. May downgrade to regular balcony if there isn't any thing worth while. Sailing on Jade, Greek Isles in Sept.

Beverage package - it seems this has been downgraded since I sailed in 2018, as they now have a premium beverage package. We are not huge drinkers but like to have a cocktail and a bottle of wine with dinner. My husband drinks bottled water which I see is not included. I drink iced tea which I think I can pick up in the restaurants all day. Do I get a price reduction if I take it off? I see a Bev. Service charge on my statement. 

17 minutes ago, LADinCT said:

Club suite - are there any perks like tender priority? NCL agent said better bedding/mattress but that was about it. May downgrade to regular balcony if there isn't any thing worth while. Sailing on Jade, Greek Isles in Sept.

Beverage package - it seems this has been downgraded since I sailed in 2018, as they now have a premium beverage package. We are not huge drinkers but like to have a cocktail and a bottle of wine with dinner. My husband drinks bottled water which I see is not included. I drink iced tea which I think I can pick up in the restaurants all day. Do I get a price reduction if I take it off? I see a Bev. Service charge on my statement. 

The Beverage package has not changed since 2018. It is still $15 off drinks, no bottled water, no specialty coffee. If you remove the perk, you will get a refund of the Bev Service Charge. We only book Mini-Suites/Club Balconies for the bigger bathroom (as we have gotten older and less mobile, not having to deal with the small showers is our minimum requirements). 

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Room Service menus offering delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed

But now they have a premium beverage package. Is there a list of brand in the regular package? We drink a lot of Aperol & Campari, not sure if these are classified as premium. Do they have wine packages you can purchase onboard as opposed to the beverage package?

If you only get refunded the service charge, I guess it's not worth canceling it.  

6 minutes ago, LADinCT said:

But now they have a premium beverage package. Is there a list of brand in the regular package? We drink a lot of Aperol & Campari, not sure if these are classified as premium. Do they have wine packages you can purchase onboard as opposed to the beverage package?

If you only get refunded the service charge, I guess it's not worth canceling it.  

Aperal and Campari are good on the package

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hadacareer said:

Aperal and Campari are good on the package

Yep, both of those are listed on the included package, according to the site I linked. Really, the Premium Plus package is only useful for people who drink a lot of fancy wine or want some top shelf liquor. I have sailed a couple of times since the Premium Plus was introduced and I didn't feel like I was missing out. If there is something not covered by the included package that you desperately want, you can always pay the difference over $15.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LADinCT said:

The premium plus package includes things which weren’t ever included in the standard package (ie coffee, bottled water and bottles of wine/champagne). It isn’t that they have downgraded the standard package, but there is now an option which includes things which weren’t available on any package previously.

The only thing that I can think of is that some prices have changed on a few items so they aren’t included in the standard package now, but the differences since 2018 will be very minor.

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The Beverage package has not changed since 2018. It is still $15 off drinks, no bottled water, no specialty coffee. If you remove the perk, you will get a refund of the Bev Service Charge. We only book Mini-Suites/Club Balconies for the bigger bathroom (as we have gotten older and less mobile, not having to deal with the small showers is our minimum requirements). 

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Room Service menus offering delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed

If you have this renamed mini

suite does it include the hot breakfast? Or is there still a $7.95 charge?

1 hour ago, LaCal said:

If you have this renamed mini

suite does it include the hot breakfast? Or is there still a $7.95 charge?

44 minutes ago, caitlynambrai said:

Same question- does the room service fee get waived?

Based on the description, the room service charge is waived if you have a club suite. We will be in a club suite in August and will let you knw. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Based on the description, the room service charge is waived if you have a club suite. We will be in a club suite in August and will let you knw. 

I hope that's the case! I'll be interested to know too. Based on the ncl website, I'm not sure that will be the case though, unfortunately. 

https://www.ncl.com/no/en/cruise-faq/norwegian-cruise-line-now-charging-room-service

"

Is Norwegian Cruise Line now charging for room service?

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced an enhanced room service menu. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast, in addition to a wider variety of options available 24 hours. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $9.95 USD will be added to each order placed (Morning coffee, continental breakfast and orders placed by guests sailing in The Haven will not attract a charge)*. A 20% gratuity and beverage service charge will be added for non-complimentary beverages and special occasion items. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

*Prices subject to change."

Edit to add: I just checked the description of inside and OV rooms and they say the same thing about room service. They definitely should include the extra fee in the description.

Edited by AwesomO
  • Thanks 1

By the way, if you have the standard drink package, you do get the option to upgrade to the premium.  On our Thanksgiving cruise, it is $29 per person per day.  Even though my DH drinks a fair amount of fancy coffee, for us, I don't think it will be worth it to do the upgrade.  

1 hour ago, rebeccac said:

By the way, if you have the standard drink package, you do get the option to upgrade to the premium.  On our Thanksgiving cruise, it is $29 per person per day.  Even though my DH drinks a fair amount of fancy coffee, for us, I don't think it will be worth it to do the upgrade.  

1 hour ago, rebeccac said:

This is the price quoted for upgrade for us in December on the getaway. 

C792.07

PRICE:
C 2,376 21

ridiculous!  Not worth it..hubby can order his fancy coffee a la carte (while I glare at him). I have bypassed that fee by ordering an Irish coffee instead

I don’t think anyone could justify the cost of the premium plus package based on coffee alone. It would need each person to consume nearly 10 coffees a day.

For it to be worthwhile you would want some drinks over $15 or champagne with meals. The target market for the upgrade is fairly small, I imagine.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hadacareer said:

This is the price quoted for upgrade for us in December on the getaway. 

C792.07

PRICE:
C 2,376 21

ridiculous!  Not worth it..hubby can order his fancy coffee a la carte (while I glare at him). I have bypassed that fee by ordering an Irish coffee instead

@Hadacareer I'm just curious, did you book a "Sail Away" rate room and that is why you would be potentially adding a package?

(Maybe I'm not figuring the Canadian Dollar, and/or the number of days for your booking correctly.)

21 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

@Hadacareer I'm just curious, did you book a "Sail Away" rate room and that is why you would be potentially adding a package?

(Maybe I'm not figuring the Canadian Dollar, and/or the number of days for your booking correctly.)

Yeah, to me that seems like the full price of the drinks package to add it if you paid the Sail Away rate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

No we booked the haven 2 berm with the perks ..this is just to upgrade to premium and is on our ncl app

10 hours ago, Hadacareer said:

No we booked the haven 2 berm with the perks ..this is just to upgrade to premium and is on our ncl app

Stateroom category did not matter for the pricing, so that seems to leave the number of days of your cruise.  Yet, US cost to upgrade to Premium Plus Beverage Package is $29.00, plus 20% ($5.80), so, $34.80 additional per person, per day.  So, that quote does seem as if the NCL app quote is a bit wonky! ...maybe different CA$ conversion?

20 hours ago, caitlynambrai said:

In a different thread, I read where one person in the cabin can choose to upgrade their drink package on the day of departure and the others in the cabin would NOT have to upgrade. 

Post-Covid19, I would not count on that being the case!