Prepay service charges posted

LADinCT

Is this one of the cruises with a ship change? When they switched Alaska cruises from Bliss to Encore there were some really strange charges like that. They did get straightened out within about a week. Maybe check with NCL to see what they say about it.

No, it’s got to be a mistake, I’m hoping. Everything has gone to hell since I downgraded my cabin from mini suite to balcony. I’ll call today but I was on the phone with them for over an hour yesterday. I must have a new agent. They had my son’s info in the booking instead of my husband. And I also added a deviation. I thought doing it all at one time it would be efficient. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LADinCT said:

I would assume it would be around $175 each for the whole cruise?

So, on my next cruise in May, I'm in a balcony and this is what myNCL Pre Pay Service charges:

The convenience of pre-paying service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board. A discretionary charge of $15.00 USD per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. Your service charges will total $105.00 USD for all guests, for your entire cruise. Guests sailing to Hawaii will be charged an additional 4.275% Pre Paid Service Charge GET Tax

Even if NCL has increased the DSC a bit, it wouldn't be that high.  

• Like 2

Yes, $2K is def a mistake & cruise price has another strange $1800 charge above & beyond. I downgraded from “club suite” to balcony & apparently it caused a ton of problems. I was on hold for an hour & this is the result. It was a $600 difference that I thought I’d use for more specialty dining & spa passes.