Ft. Laudedale Hotel

MissyKish

5 minutes ago, MissyKish said:

Since we are only staying one night, we only need a clean and safe hotel. Can you recommend places that somewhat budget friendly and are within Uber distance to the port?

Best reasonably priced good hotel, clean, safe hotel is RIVERSIDE

They have budget rooms, slightly smaller in size but at a reduced price. As it’s for one night take a look.  In the centre of bars, restaurants and shops, short taxi to the port.

Riverside restaurants and drinks are well priced compared with others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Best reasonably priced good hotel, clean, safe hotel is RIVERSIDE

They have budget rooms, slightly smaller in size but at a reduced price. As it’s for one night take a look.  In the centre of bars, restaurants and shops, short taxi to the port.

Riverside restaurants and drinks are well priced compared with others.

Is this the one on Las Olas that's supposed to be haunted? Actually looks pretty nice.

Edited by Thrak

9 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Is this the one on Las Olas that's supposed to be haunted? Actually looks pretty nice.

yes.

On Las Olas, but never heard of a haunting.

It’s excellent value.  Riverside Cafe is a nice place for casual dining with drinks.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

yes.

On Las Olas, but never heard of a haunting.

It’s excellent value.  Riverside Cafe is a nice place for casual dining with drinks.

Google "Riverside Hotel Haunted". Plenty of references. 😎

• Thanks 1

I just got a great rate at a brand new (yet to be opened) AC Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport, its a Marriott Hotel for our September cruise.   I was looking for something with an airport shuttle as we will catch a ride to Miami from the airport the morning of our cruise.  

1 hour ago, ALSPAUGHDOLL said:

I just got a great rate at a brand new (yet to be opened) AC Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport, its a Marriott Hotel for our September cruise.   I was looking for something with an airport shuttle as we will catch a ride to Miami from the airport the morning of our cruise.  

At/in/near FLL...I hope they have dining options because FLL isn't known for them.

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

At/in/near FLL...I hope they have dining options because FLL isn't known for them.

This hotel is near the airport.   There looks to be a few restaurants within walking distance.  If not we will uber somewhere.  We are planning a low key no fuss/frills trip just relaxation without our kids!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

How was your stay at the AC hotel near the airport?  I have a room booked with a free night certificate for October 8th and haven’t found any reviews.  

According to https://travelsaying.com/bs-hotels/ac-hotel-fort-lauderdale-airport-opens-its-doors-in-south-florida-hospitality-net/, the hotel just opened this week (article is dated 9/21).  That, and the fact that it is still low season for tourists, probably account for the lack of reviews.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to be late with the review.  Had to cancel the October cruise ( sick dachshund), but we’re here now at the Marriott which is adjacent to the AC, and it is lovely.  Everything fresh and new.  Very clean and quiet.  They have a huge outdoor movie screen and a beautiful pool.  
Here are a few pictures.  The Dania Pointe shopping center is right across the street. Loads of stores and restaurants.  It is so quiet compared with 17th street or the beach hotels.  I think this one is a keeper. 😁

Marriott on the left, AC on the right. 

39EA1BB1-C2E2-4054-8559-64AB3D514532.jpeg

7C67BE99-9B31-4D10-BE9E-932783732D08.jpeg

C0AADF6D-308E-41EF-A512-F29EDE019639.jpeg

05E4AABF-6DC7-411E-807F-CDCB73638281.jpeg

F9B1D46E-EF11-4992-9D7B-80E6A1C3138A.jpeg

41EEFA2E-573F-4051-B4B3-DB4DFF7259AF.jpeg

Forgot to add, the Marriott has a free shuttle from the airport, and they arranged a private shuttle to the pier tomorrow $15pp leaving at 11, 12:30, and 1:45. We are supposed to pay the driver directly, so they’re not not using the Marriott van.  
Marriott employees all have masks. I didn’t see any on the tourists.

We’re walking over to the shops for breakfast, although the prices on the Marriott menu aren’t too terrible for a hotel.

6432D20F-3D52-4D95-BBB2-0A7F0AD1ADFE.jpeg

• Thanks 1

@Suzanne123 Thank you for coming back and giving us your review.  It looks like a hotel that should be of interest to many cruisers.  I would comment that $15 per person for a ride to Port Everglades is more than you would pay for a taxi or Uber/Lyft for a party of 2 or more.  Plus you can go on your own schedule and be dropped off directly at your terminal.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/27/2021 at 4:55 PM, Suzanne123 said:

Forgot to add, the Marriott has a free shuttle from the airport, and they arranged a private shuttle to the pier tomorrow $15pp leaving at 11, 12:30, and 1:45. We are supposed to pay the driver directly, so they’re not not using the Marriott van.  
Marriott employees all have masks. I didn’t see any on the tourists.

We’re walking over to the shops for breakfast, although the prices on the Marriott menu aren’t too terrible for a hotel.

6432D20F-3D52-4D95-BBB2-0A7F0AD1ADFE.jpeg

I want to make sure I am looking at the correct hotel.  Are you referring to this Marriott hotel?  

166 N Compass Way Dania Beach, Florida 33004

Yes, both the Marriott and the AC have “airport” in their names.  Dania Beach, if that helps.  The mall next to them is called Dania Pointe.

I was at the AC last weekend.  It is very nice and new.  Breakfast at the AC was buffet.  Marriott had made to order, however, I went to Toojays for a great breakfast, across the street from First Watch which is always good, but crowded.

• Like 1