Upsell “offer”

I got my first ever upsell offer today. It was for a 4 day cruise on the Freedom in August. We currently have a balcony on the Lido deck which is our preferred location. We were offered to move to a suite on deck 7 for an additional $974. Obviously, I passed this “offer” up. Definitely not worth essentially doubling our cost. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LOL- I took one once on the spur of the moment when they called. I don't regret doing it but in the end I don't think it was really worth it. It was from an Ocean Suite to a Grand Suite which the extra space was nice but not really that noticeable. Grand came with Havana pool access but my son was just 11 not 12 so that went mostly to waste too-lol. It was cool seeing it and on the Vista it's a very nice area but overall not really worth it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nina_930 said:

I imagine there will lots of offers to upsell.  Figuring they are not sailing at full capacity, they have the wiggle room and will take every chance to make some extra money.  

Hope I get on for my next cruise. 

15 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Got the upsell call for Vista, leaving Saturday. It was $920 for Havana Balcony. No thank you.

Your cruise will most likely be at reduced capacity, so the Havana area isn't as enticing since there probably will be plenty of space all over the ship.

• Like 2

I usually book balconies, decided to treat ourselves to a suite once when the price difference was very small, and to be honest I didn't really feel like there was all that much difference.  Not worth it, in my most humble opinion.  

5 hours ago, Jasonsterling said:

It was cool seeing it and on the Vista it's a very nice area but overall not really worth it. 

Are you referring to the Grand Suite you stayed in or the Havana area that was a waste to you because your son was 11?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Your cruise will most likely be at reduced capacity, so the Havana area isn't as enticing since there probably will be plenty of space all over the ship.

If capacity is at 60%, the aft adult pool area at 60% is still substantially more crowded than the Havana pool is at 100% capacity. 

On 7/1/2021 at 12:53 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Are you referring to the Grand Suite you stayed in or the Havana area that was a waste to you because your son was 11?

Sorry, I didn't see you had quoted. And sorry what I wrote reads wonky- I meant the Havana area because he and I spend a lot of time together during vacations so I wasn't able to go out there that much. It's a nice space though, much nicer I think than the Havana area looks on say the Mardi Gras BUT it is a substantial upcharge. Interior Havana often costs as much as a cove balcony room. So it has to be weighed but... I might do it again. It really is a nice set up and a great view.