Anybody else have their account "disappear"?

Rick&Jeannie

Strange thing happened a couple of days ago...my auto-login (using Chrome) suddenly stopped working.  After 2 or 3 days of doing the password reset and "reclaiming" the username (and getting invalid username or password messages), I finally tried to go through the registration process again.  I fully expected to be told that "Your email is already registered to an account" or some such message.

Well...it "took" my registration!  I've had 2 cruises in my account for several months now.  Crazy...my login just disappeared?  Anybody else have login issues within the past few days?

I'm having this problem right now. 

First I used the Forgot Password function and updated my password.

When that didn't fix the problem, I tried using different usernames.  First try was my latitude number. Still not getting in.

For my third attempt I used my e-mail address as the username and presto - I'm in.

This past Monday, around 4:00 PM Eastern time, NCL changed the user ID on all passenger accounts from whatever you previously used to your email address.  It seems that they did this without prior notice.  I was logged into the NCL website at the time it happened and got an error message when I tried to move from one page to another.  I called the NCL main phone number and someone in the Reservations Department advised me of the change.  Neither my wife nor I have received a notification of the change as yet.  I wonder how many other folks are scratching their heads about this, and how many other phone calls have been made to NCL to try to figure out how to log back in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

This past Monday, around 4:00 PM Eastern time, NCL changed the user ID on all passenger accounts from whatever you previously used to your email address.  It seems that they did this without prior notice.  I was logged into the NCL website at the time it happened and got an error message when I tried to move from one page to another.  I called the NCL main phone number and someone in the Reservations Department advised me of the change.  Neither my wife nor I have received a notification of the change as yet.  I wonder how many other folks are scratching their heads about this, and how many other phone calls have been made to NCL to try to figure out how to log back in.

My user name hasn't changed to my email address it's still the same.  No issues for me.

Just now, davencl said:

My user name hasn't changed to my email address it's still the same.  No issues for me.

Glad to hear it.  According to the person I spoke with, it was a system-wide change which would affect every one of the tens of millions of NCL accounts. 

I've also been having a different weird account issue. I've been able to log in normally on my chromebook but on my phone with the app it kept saying "incorrect username or password." I tried with both my ncl username and email address (multiple times), but same error message. So I decided to try my tablet, and I can log into the app there fine. Both my phone and my tablet are Samsung Galaxy products. Hopefully the app on my phone starts accepting my username/email/password before my cruise... Maybe I need to do the classic IT solution - turn it off and back on again. Maybe for good measure I'll uninstall and reinstall the app. hah 

3 minutes ago, periodic itinerant said:

I've also been having a different weird account issue. I've been able to log in normally on my chromebook but on my phone with the app it kept saying "incorrect username or password." I tried with both my ncl username and email address (multiple times), but same error message. So I decided to try my tablet, and I can log into the app there fine. Both my phone and my tablet are Samsung Galaxy products. Hopefully the app on my phone starts accepting my username/email/password before my cruise... Maybe I need to do the classic IT solution - turn it off and back on again. Maybe for good measure I'll uninstall and reinstall the app. hah 

Clearing your history should do it also.

Yea, had this problem... changed my browser from Google to Edge, then Firefox ... no diff.   Logged out, tried using email only for my login ... weird response saying my name (surname) was "invalid".  

Restarted PC after dumping cache. I can login using my user name but not my email.... this has always been the usual way I log in.   I tried to update my account info.... no go. It said it would take "15 minutes", I waited over 30 minutes and nothing. 

Strange that I was able to log into my account and all of my info was available; my 3 booked cruises are available and all of the info for those cruises is, AFAS I can tell, correct.  

Talk about glitches...  I can't help but think that the NCL tech support team is absolutely being worked  out of their minds.   Hope things get straightened out soon.  

Good Luck

On 7/4/2021 at 12:10 PM, The Traveling Man said:

This past Monday, around 4:00 PM Eastern time, NCL changed the user ID on all passenger accounts from whatever you previously used to your email address.  It seems that they did this without prior notice.

No.

Still logging in with my username/password as it has been for years.

• Like 1

I had downloaded the app for the first time last week and it would not let me in with my email address... just went to the website and I've been logged out and the same thing is happening with just username login too. 

13 hours ago, Outerdog said:

No.

Still logging in with my username/password as it has been for years.

Sorry if my earlier post caused any confusion.  I simply was stating what the person in the NCL Reservations Department told me, that every account ID was changed to the customer's email address.  It does appear that while a significant number of account names were changed to the email address, many persons have seen no change.  In my case, my previous user ID was my actual name.  I wonder if the only account IDs that were changed were like mine, and that those who use some sort of nickname for their account ID were left alone.

8 hours ago, reveur15 said:

By chance i have read this topic yesterday. So i immediatly tried the email. But they should have send an email before doing this. They will have a lot of call....

Absolutely agree with you !  Whether the change affected 10 people, 10,000, or 10 million, they should have notified us in advance that they were about to change the account ID we need to log into their website.