Health and safety program letter

We arevon the upcoming August 7 Encore cruising, and it's finally starting to feel real. We just recieved emails from NCL about the health and safety protocol. It's nothing different than on the website, but it's a small step towards our sailing which is a huge positive 

• Like 7

I received an email too for the Sept. 11th Encore sailing.  I’m still uneasy about the antigen testing knowing that there’s false positives.  I thought testing isn’t required for US sailings?  

It’s my hope that if someone tests positive that they do a PCR test as a follow-up.  I believe Royal is doing this.  I guess we won’t know until the first sailing goes. 

14 minutes ago, TardisDance said:

I received an email too for the Sept. 11th Encore sailing.  I’m still uneasy about the antigen testing knowing that there’s false positives.  I thought testing isn’t required for US sailings?  

It’s my hope that if someone tests positive that they do a PCR test as a follow-up.  I believe Royal is doing this.  I guess we won’t know until the first sailing goes. 

I follow a vlogger who was on the first RCCL sailing out of Nassau and they retested the people who initially tested positive and did allow them to board after their second test came back negative. I sincerely hope NCL will do the same. If I have to take extra precautions a week or two before sailing to make sure I don't end up with a break through infection, I am more than happy to do so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I follow a vlogger who was on the first RCCL sailing out of Nassau and they retested the people who initially tested positive and did allow them to board after their second test came back negative. I sincerely hope NCL will do the same. If I have to take extra precautions a week or two before sailing to make sure I don't end up with a break through infection, I am more than happy to do so.

I plan to stay home for the 2 weeks beforehand but just realized I have a dentist appt 3 days before I leave!

8 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I plan to stay home for the 2 weeks beforehand but just realized I have a dentist appt 3 days before I leave!

I can't see why they would not do a re-test.  The cost of a second test must be miniscule compared to the cost of travel home and a refund or even deferring the revenue via FCC.  

Received our letter also.  As others have said I was afraid to open it thinking it was a cancellation.  I was about to break out into a happy dance when I saw what it really was.

11 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

If I have to take extra precautions a week or two before sailing to make sure I don't end up with a break through infection, I am more than happy to do so.

That's what we do. Whether it is going home to help the folks or on a cruise,,, we try to do some "advance planning" and take care of things in advance (that fresh can of sun screen) and stay at home for a week or two before travel. We'll wear N95 masks on the planes. Wipe down the seat and touch points on the plane with wipes. 

A few small precautions to ensure that your very expensive, anticipated vacation goes off without a hitch. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I saw that as well, it made me feel better about the testing. I know that it was RCL, but I am going to assume NCL will do the same retesting if needed. I also plan on taking extra precautions in the week or two leading up to sailing.

I can't wait to be on a ship again!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TardisDance said:

I received an email too for the Sept. 11th Encore sailing.  I’m still uneasy about the antigen testing knowing that there’s false positives.  I thought testing isn’t required for US sailings?  It’s my hope that if someone tests positive that they do a PCR test as a follow-up.  I believe Royal is doing this.  I guess we won’t know until the first sailing goes. 

So,,, Royal's first cruise out of Nassau did antigen rapid tests of 100% of the passengers at check it. It was fast, efficient, very well done. Let's hope that NCL "has a plan".  

The way Royal's testing worked was that you pre-registered with your personal data pre-cruise and got a QR code. When you arrived, (1) you checked in for test, (2) got stickers for your sample tube at a second station; (3) got your swab done; (4) Checked in for the cruise while the test cooked; (5) Waited for the test results (sent via email - received via free wifi); (6) provide a negative result to the monitors and got a sticker to show you were "clean" (they would not let you leave the area until you got a negative result).

image.png.b4489d9b591d8c0dbbed98fd32c54c99.png

image.png.95e597850833fd197b7a4ae0426f1752.png

image.png.d1c0886b87f5bb7a0ebe80c32125f39f.png

On 7/2/2021 at 9:42 AM, BirdTravels said:

So,,, Royal's first cruise out of Nassau did antigen rapid tests of 100% of the passengers at check it. It was fast, efficient, very well done. Let's hope that NCL "has a plan".  

The way Royal's testing worked was that you pre-registered with your personal data pre-cruise and got a QR code. When you arrived, (1) you checked in for test, (2) got stickers for your sample tube at a second station; (3) got your swab done; (4) Checked in for the cruise while the test cooked; (5) Waited for the test results (sent via email - received via free wifi); (6) provide a negative result to the monitors and got a sticker to show you were "clean" (they would not let you leave the area until you got a negative result).

image.png.b4489d9b591d8c0dbbed98fd32c54c99.png

image.png.95e597850833fd197b7a4ae0426f1752.png

image.png.d1c0886b87f5bb7a0ebe80c32125f39f.png

So what happens if you test positive and fully vaccinated? They send you home?

On 7/2/2021 at 7:47 AM, Jayneykul said:

We got our letter for sailing on Epic 15 Sept but still very much doubt this sail will happen! 

I hope it happens. I am on the sailing on the 8th. Hopefully, I will be getting off of the ship right before you get on.