Live from the Carnival Vista July 3

skylane182

12 hours ago, Kwakwa630 said:

Also on this sailing. A few answers: 

Emuster was super easy. 5 minute demo of how to put on a lifejacket. About 15 mins before sailaway, still 300 who didn't complete it. 

Things that need improvement so far: 

- organization. They're still trying to get back in the swing of things and don't have all their ducks in a row when it comes to checking in for my time dining, keeping non-havana people out of the Havana area, etc. 

- wifi. It didn't work until about 645 and is suuuuuper slow. 

- dining service times - we sat waiting between courses for longer than we were actually eating. 

Vaccine proof - Vaccine card is what I showed. 

Thanks. I was concerned about carnival's sudden reliance on the  hub app technology and having to beef up the wifi so everyone could use their phones without access to their normal service provider in the ocean, and no real way to test it at scale before the first sailing.  I hope they are open to the reality that sometimes a high tech problem is most easily addressed by a low tech solution, e.g. paper menus etc.

Thanks for being on the first cruise and being patient as a lot of new procedures are stress tested. It's a lot easier to get technology wrong than to get it right. It's amazing how easy it is to screw it up: a minus sign or mistyped number etc 

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Do you have to make reservations for shows?

No reservations for shows that I can see.- we have not attended one yet.  I think they turn people away when they hit capacity.  That happened to us the first time we tried to go into the piano bar. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wonder why so many need to talk to customer service?

I suspect many of them are asking what to do because they can't connect to wifi or their hub app isn't doing something it was supposed to. 

1 minute ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

That's such a nice thing to do. Good job Carnival! Hope I get on on our upcoming Aug 21 cruise on Panorama, first one out of CA after the pandemic.

Yes, truly! Sorry it’s upside down. Looks like it isn’t ship specific, so will work for several or all this year. Had to pick up at Pixels, with luggage tags. Complimentary waters come from bar service. Drink coupons from Guest Services.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

Yes, truly! Sorry it’s upside down. Looks like it isn’t ship specific, so will work for several or all this year. Had to pick up at Pixels, with luggage tags. Complimentary waters come from bar service. Drink coupons from Guest Services.

Lol maybe that's why the long line at guest service, people want their drink voucher! Cant be obc as most know it takes days to post.

That pin looks worth picking up.

4 hours ago, skylane182 said:

Night two dinner menus and sea day brunch menu posted above.  I can’t find a printed or posted copy of the fun times - it’s all in the hub app.  Comedian tonight is Jimmy Della Valle. 

Have a fabulous 4th!!

Wait, you can’t do QR codes unless you have internet..  We don’t ever get internet on cruises, it’s part of the vacation to be completely disconnected..

Are paper menus an option at all?

4 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Wait, you can’t do QR codes unless you have internet..  We don’t ever get internet on cruises, it’s part of the vacation to be completely disconnected..

Looks like they are posted outside the dining rooms.  Maybe take a picture or just stand there and decide.  Then try to remember 1/2 hour later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

The QR codes will work without internet is what hebhave said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crewsweeper said:

Looks like they are posted outside the dining rooms.  Maybe take a picture or just stand there and decide.  Then try to remember 1/2 hour later.

It goes through the Carnival Hub app. So even though you didn’t pay for a wifi package you can still view the menus.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Because with all the OBC people aren't prepaying grats so they are likely getting them refunded

Hahahaha. Of course we all knows tips dont post for days after you board, so the first day you board you cant remove them.

I'm thinking not everyone knew to download the hub app and cant figure out what to do now. Who knows, but not removing tips.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

When you use the app, you connect to the ship’s internal intranet, which is different than the outside internet. Once you have the app loaded, prior to boarding, put your device in airplane mode, and you should be good to go. Previously the only thing you paid for on the app was $5 (entire cruise), for the chat feature. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

connect your device to the ship wifi network and then you can scan the QR code.  The code is on the internal ship network. internet access is not needed.

8 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

I'm sure your waiter will be happy to tell you whats on the menu.

• Like 1