Edge deck question

midwestchick

I’m looking at an aft Sky Suite (S1) and it looks like it’s a distance to Luminae and to the retreat. How long does it take to walk it? Does it pose any inconveniences at dinner time? Admittedly, the exercise will be a good thing.  😉  I’m am debating on the S1 or a C3 midship.  The more I look at the Infinite Balcony, the less I like it.  
Any other Edge tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 2

We had no issues walking from our suite to Luminae for meals on Edge.  We were in the aft area and I would say the room is no more than a five minute walk from aft to stern. 

in Luminae we have asked for assigned times and when we show up around those times we were seated almost immediately.  My wife and I try and keep our schedule the same as much as possible and ask for a 6:30 pm reservation.  However, you can show up at any time and they will seat you as soon as something becomes available.

As far as I know none of the suites have infinite balconies.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We had no issues walking from our suite to Luminae for meals on Edge.  We were in the aft area and I would say the room is no more than a five minute walk from aft to stern. 

in Luminae we have asked for assigned times and when we show up around those times we were seated almost immediately.  My wife and I try and keep our schedule the same as much as possible and ask for a 6:30 pm reservation.  However, you can show up at any time and they will seat you as soon as something becomes available.

As far as I know none of the suites have infinite balconies.  

Thank you for responding. That’s not much of a walk. I read a review that complained about the distance so thought I’d post it here. 
The concierge stateroom has the infinite balcony. The S1 I like is the aft on the side of the ship. Fantastic.  I loved the aft balconies on the M class ships.  We had them several times and the views on our Alaska cruise were amazing. 

Luminae is on Deck 12, the Retreat Lounge is on 15 and the Sundeck on 16.  So depending upon what deck the suite is on  you could have long elevator waits or lots of stairs.  There are only 2 sets of elevators, forward and mid/ship.  

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Luminae is on Deck 12, the Retreat Lounge is on 15 and the Sundeck on 16.  So depending upon what deck the suite is on  you could have long elevator waits or lots of stairs.  There are only 2 sets of elevators, forward and mid/ship.  

Deck 12 is where the S1 is.  Seems to me they didn’t plan the elevators very well.  That certainly sounds somewhat discouraging. Did they fix this issue when they designed Apex? 

11 hours ago, George C said:

Retreat and luminae are extreme forward but ship is not that long, I wouldn’t be concerned.

Actually it looks like Edge is roughly 30 feet shorter than Reflection so it isn’t that far. I did print out the deck plans as a handy reference. Thanks 😊 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, midwestchick said:

Deck 12 is where the S1 is.  Seems to me they didn’t plan the elevators very well.  That certainly sounds somewhat discouraging. Did they fix this issue when they designed Apex? 

If looks like the Edge elevator situation is the same as on all the S class ship.  (I have yet to cruise on the Edge Class).  Of course Luminae and the Retreat Lounge are not forward on the S Class ships.

I consider the Aft elevators to be more Mid Ship than Aft.  Also the Forward elevators are not really that far forward.  It has a lot to do with the design of the pool and central area of the ship. IMO it is designed very well and it not a “defect” in design.  
I am sure they are a variety of opinions.  I will find out if I still have the same opinion after cruising on the Apex.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

If looks like the Edge elevator situation is the same as on all the S class ship.  (I have yet to cruise on the Edge Class).  Of course Luminae and the Retreat Lounge are not forward on the S Class ships.

I consider the Aft elevators to be more Mid Ship than Aft.  Also the Forward elevators are not really that far forward.  It has a lot to do with the design of the pool and central area of the ship. IMO it is designed very well and it not a “defect” in design.  
I am sure they are a variety of opinions.  I will find out if I still have the same opinion after cruising on the Apex.

I was under the impression the Edge was a lot larger than the S class ships.  We’ve never had issues waiting for elevators on any of those.  

Just now, midwestchick said:

I was under the impression the Edge was a lot larger than the S class ships.  We’ve never had issues waiting for elevators on any of those.  

No issues this week but we are not 100% capacity 

1 minute ago, George C said:

No issues this week but we are not 100% capacity 

Even on our sold out S class cruises I don’t ever recall waiting for an elevator as being an issue. We also use the steps sometimes out of need for exercise. 😉😆

We were on the Edge just after it started sailing so was a full ship.  We were on Deck 10 and almost constant waits for elevators unless it was before 9am on a sea day or after 10 pm.  DH was having knee issues so couldn’t manage the stairs on that trip.  

21 hours ago, midwestchick said:

Even on our sold out S class cruises I don’t ever recall waiting for an elevator as being an issue. We also use the steps sometimes out of need for exercise. 😉😆

Elevator has only been an issue after the musters on most cruises.

Access to Luminae and The Retreat areas is right by the forward elevators.