Something we can all hope for???

For  all the cruise and air passenger aficionados.....that must fly to your port.  

United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby predicts that the airline passenger mask mandate will end in September.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced on April 30 that the mask mandate in airports and on commercial planes would expire on Sept. 13, after an initial deadline was set for May 11.

"My guess is that the current government order expires on September 13 and, fingers crossed," Kirby told CBS' Face the Nation, "my guess is it will expire on September 13, but we'll wait and see for sure."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HillBilly Bob said:

For  all the cruise and air passenger aficionados.....that must fly to your port.  

United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby predicts that the airline passenger mask mandate will end in September.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced on April 30 that the mask mandate in airports and on commercial planes would expire on Sept. 13, after an initial deadline was set for May 11.

"My guess is that the current government order expires on September 13 and, fingers crossed," Kirby told CBS' Face the Nation, "my guess is it will expire on September 13, but we'll wait and see for sure."

Hopefully sooner:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2021/07/08/sen-rand-paul-vows-to-introduce-bill-repealing-mask-mandate-on-planes/?sh=67323fd1510a

Edited by NightOne
  • Like 2

My guess it will end but only for vaccinated folks.  There has to be a reward system in place for people vaccinated or why bother?  I think for the next couple of years,  travel will be one area that really rewards the vaccinated group.  i am not saying I agree with it or want it, just what I believe will be the case.  Vaccinated people will have a more normal travel experience than non vaccinated folks. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not going to happen. With COVID cases on the rise again in 42 states with the more infectious Delta variant masks will be around for a while when flying. The longer people take to get vaccinated the longer we will have to deal with restrictions for everyone. Since people continue to resist vaccinations the only resort left is to make things miserable on them. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Not going to happen. With COVID cases on the rise again in 42 states with the more infectious Delta variant masks will be around for a while when flying. The longer people take to get vaccinated the longer we will have to deal with restrictions for everyone. Since people continue to resist vaccinations the only resort left is to make things miserable on them. 

100% agree.  Delta variant on the rise after the 4th/travel. Requirements are going to remain restrictive for a while. Vaccinations are recommended but as we all know they are not 100% effective.  Don't forget the Gamma and other L*  variants floating around.  I personally have no problem wearing a mask when traveling. Don't fight it folks just do your part.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HillBilly Bob said:

Way overdue

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Heard on TV similar, amazingly vague….as usual.   

We fly in August.  I will be thrilled if they are able to somehow remove the mask mandate for flying and airports in August.  I can't stand wearing the masks.  When we last flew, everyone was able to remove their masks to eat and drink.  Same for the airport.  The masks were useless.  If people want protection, they can mask up themselves (if it makes them feel safe) and get vaccinated.  Masks should be optional.  I'm tired of being forced to wear a mask for hours on end while flying and in the airport when I am perfectly healthy and vaccinated.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, HillBilly Bob said:

Rumor has it from a state task force in the NORTHEAST that the powers to be in the nations capital are going to fight to maintain the mask mandate.  This was passed down as “the plan” unless the variant cases turn south.  

16 hours ago, silversneakers said:

100% agree.  Delta variant on the rise after the 4th/travel. Requirements are going to remain restrictive for a while. Vaccinations are recommended but as we all know they are not 100% effective.  Don't forget the Gamma and other L*  variants floating around.  I personally have no problem wearing a mask when traveling. Don't fight it folks just do your part.

And mask's do what exactly?

18 hours ago, Kentucky816 said:

Sure hope so, we want fly overseas next year

and the mask was going to be a deal breaker for my DH

as he can’t breath to well

and 8+ hours was a bit too much for him to deal with. 

^ The poor guy: I sympathise.

I can barely stand the wretched (but necessary) thing

for 20 mins. in the local supermarket!!
As soon as I get out their door, it's airgasm time!

What's an airgasm? It's very much like that other thing
- it's that wonderful joyful feeling you get

when you finally take your mask off and get to inhale Fresh Air!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1