Edge Luminae Menu Question

CarolCoupon

I think I read that the Luminae kitchen on Edge isn't shared with MDRs - which means those menu items aren't available (if someone wanted). 

Is the kitchen shared with the Retreat Lounge?  For example, would shrimp cocktail be available in Luminae even if it isn't listed on their menu?

• Like 1

From our experience The Luminae kitchen is not shared and we were not offered other  menus as on S-Class ships.   However, our friends did order shrimp cocktails each and every night with no problem.  How that plays out with other  items I don’t know.  

• Like 1

It’s my understanding that, like Blu, some frequently requested items ( shrimp cocktail,  Cesar salad,  baked potato & others) are available in Luminae.  
The best location of Luminae is on the M Class where the MDR, Blu & Luminae all share a kitchen - best of all worlds.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jelayne said:

It’s my understanding that, like Blu, some frequently requested items ( shrimp cocktail,  Cesar salad,  baked potato & others) are available in Luminae.  
The best location of Luminae is on the M Class where the MDR, Blu & Luminae all share a kitchen - best of all worlds.

Isn’t that the same case with the S Class ships for Luminae?

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

Luminae on EDGE/APEX has every day selections added to their menu - like escargot or strip steak- in addition to the daily menu.  Not sure about shrimp cocktail.  But if you want a special item then just tell your waiter or maitre' D in advance of your dinner time.  Or you can usually get them to make many dishes off menu with 24 hr notice.

• Like 1

We sailed Edge in Luminae last week and it was exactly as @TeeRick described.  The Every Day items which are available in MDR and Blu are also available in Luminae with no advance notice necessary.  The onion soup was very good.

• Like 2

We were also on Edge in suite , wife ordered the escargot which was also not on the menu ,  food was great , love the lobster roll for lunch which was on day 1 and 7. Also they had a small lunch menu by the retreat pool.

• Like 3

I do like the Luminae lunch menu.  We had the filet on the first night and thought it a bit under seasoned and a bit over cooked.  Good but not great.  Had the one on the lunch menu on day 2 and it was perfect.  We seem to always have the opinion that the lunch filet is our favorite, it's a little smaller but always wonderful.

Day 1 I had the lobster roll and as suggested on the roll call I asked for an extra scoop on the side.  When it came it was just the roll but filled pretty well.  I didn't give it another thought.  Well then he set down a small bowl filled with the lobster salad, probably had 2 tails worth of lobster in it.  Great way to start the trip.

I ordered the lobster roll on day 7 as well but guilt prevented me from ordering extra, roll came with a pretty skimpy amount in it but no complaints here.  The potato roll they serve it in is perfect for this dish.

• Like 2

We are on this week and the everyday menu items from the main dining rooms are also available in Luminae. They are not listed in the menu but the staff advised of the additional options, and yes, shrimp cocktail is always available at dinner.

• Like 1

They offer off menu items Shrimp Cocktail, Escargot, French Onion Soup for starters. Salmon and a Chicken Breast for entrees. Also many desserts - ice creams etc. were available that were not on the menu. I asked our waiter for Creme Brulee at the beginning of the meal one night - and he was able to bring me one. They are all very accommodating 🙂   Was a great week, and now here I sit, eating a salad with sliced turkey at my desk from a Tupperware container 😮 

• Like 3

Thanks, excellent info from this community!  I read this to DH, and he was particularly paying attention to the lobster roll "extra scoop" tip.  I love the ice cream intel.  

Soooooo excited to be going on our first X cruise Saturday!  

• Like 1