MSC Meraviglia Test Sailing Scheduled for Today July 17th

kilkoyne

4 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

Meraviglia is scheduled for a test sailing today, July 17th. Will the results of the test sailing be made public? Does anyone have any other information on this test sailing?

No, but I'm booked on the 10/09/21 Sailing, so I hope it goes well.

8 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

No, but I'm booked on the 10/09/21 Sailing, so I hope it goes well.

I'm booked for Sept 25th. I'm glad there's a couple months of 3 and 4 day cruises ahead of us so MSC can have everything worked out. 🤞

Meraviglia is listed as "Approved for test sailing" on the CDC website.  Her AIS has not yet been updated to show her route forecast.  I read somewhere MSC is using employees from the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area, which is probably why there is little live coverage of the event.

4 minutes ago, Até said:

Meraviglia is listed as "Approved for test sailing" on the CDC website.  Her AIS has not yet been updated to show her route forecast.  I read somewhere MSC is using employees from the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area, which is probably why there is little live coverage of the event.

My information about a scheduled test sailing was only from an article I read dated a few weeks ago. I "assumed" the sailing would occur but I'm not at all knowledgeable with how this all works.

The Port of Miami web cam shows Meraviglia offshore.  It's reasonable, to assume with what little that we all know, that the test cruise is taking place, I think.  

Edited by rkacruiser

She just sailed into Nassau.  Took pictures from balcony of British Colonial Hilton.  Did not see anyone on deck or balcony.  Will try to post a pic later.  

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8v

00-WxZi_LU868kT2HrtfQ4xeUif5jgFlzWejUl8vEM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1