Masks not required!!

Ombud

1 hour ago, dog said:

Is your cruise a fully vaccinated cruise?  All passengers & all crew? 

Supposedly. This is on the Alaska cruise

@mcrcruiserLA county has only vaccinated 72%. So that leaves a lot of unvaccinated peoplel. I'm not worried yet. But those in unvaccinated areas need to step up their game. Or cruise lines should test everyone before boarding & I'll mask when off the ship in Alaska

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Just check my health section on the app:

20210718_214831.thumb.jpg.da6d52324c763e26851e633c54a2b69a.jpg

Relieved

I had seen this change 2/3 days ago, but if we take them at their word literally, and it's a vaccinated cruise, then why the limits for shows and other activities if social distancing not necessary?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

Just check my health section on the app:

20210718_214831.thumb.jpg.da6d52324c763e26851e633c54a2b69a.jpg

Relieved

So the way this is written, "Guest who are fully vaccinated", indicates that there will be Guest who are not vaccinated, which means you will be walking around without a mask, among passengers who are not vaccinated.  Remember, even the fully vaccinated can get and transmit the virus.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, whitecap said:

So the way this is written, "Guest who are fully vaccinated", indicates that there will be Guest who are not vaccinated, which means you will be walking around without a mask, among passengers who are not vaccinated.  Remember, even the fully vaccinated can get and transmit the virus.  

I am reading it this way, as well. 

The Alaskan cruise for 2021 out of Seattle all guest must be vaccinated and all crew must be vaccinated.  The embarkation station is requiring masks as I understand it at pier 91 Seattle.  The ports of call may require masks so take your favorite with you.  On the ship there is not a mask mandated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Some day, but not today.  Per Princess.

I'm not sure what you are tying to say.  Princess has made some statement?  I search everyday for an update from Princess and find nothing.  We are now 27 days from final payment and have no updated information from Princess.  One of the ports of call announced almost 2 weeks ago that they will not open until 2022 for cruise ships and still nothing from Princess.  One of the other ports of call, refused to let passengers go ashore unless on a ship's sponsored excursion and nothing from Princess.  Will there be 100% vaccinated cruises out of Florida or not, nothing from Princess.  Can you sense my 100%l fully vaccinated frustration? 🙂 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, whitecap said:

I'm not sure what you are tying to say.  Princess has made some statement?  I search everyday for an update from Princess and find nothing.  We are now 27 days from final payment and have no updated information from Princess.  One of the ports of call announced almost 2 weeks ago that they will not open until 2022 for cruise ships and still nothing from Princess.  One of the other ports of call, refused to let passengers go ashore unless on a ship's sponsored excursion and nothing from Princess.  Will there be 100% vaccinated cruises out of Florida or not, nothing from Princess.  Can you sense my 100%l fully vaccinated frustration? 🙂 

Yes I do, but when is your cruise?  Seems to be early Oct 2021?   Princess has stated they are requiring pax to be fully-vaccinated in the near term.  But, it is likely someday that fully-vaccinated requirement is going to relax and there will be some unvaccinated on board.  Just not today.

IDK about your ports of call either of course, but we all know that various countries and their ports could have more restrictions such as only allowing fully-vaccinated to go ashore, or a sponsored excursion.  I know Princess doesn't want to operate only with those restrictions, but they might not have a choice.  Early cruises could have more restrictions or skipped ports and I think this is part of the risk taken when booking such cruises.  Otherwise, I am not following Fall 2021 cruises all that closely as we are waiting until 2022.

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes I do, but when is your cruise?  Seems to be early Oct 2021?   Princess has stated they are requiring pax to be fully-vaccinated in the near term.  But, it is likely someday that fully-vaccinated requirement is going to relax and there will be some unvaccinated on board.  Just not today.

IDK about your ports of call either of course, but we all know that various countries and their ports could have more restrictions such as only allowing fully-vaccinated to go ashore, or a sponsored excursion.  I know Princess doesn't want to operate only with those restrictions, but they might not have a choice.  Early cruises could have more restrictions or skipped ports and I think this is part of the risk taken when booking such cruises.  Otherwise, I am not following Fall 2021 cruises all that closely as we are waiting until 2022.

We are booked for November 28th out of Florida.  Looks like the CDC has regained it's authority to impose restrictions and the Governor has his new law that does not allow the cruise line to ask for proof of vaccination, so, looks like Princess is in a pickle and we'll be cancelling.  We are not cruising with unvaccinated and don't want to be restricted to the ship unless on a ship excursion.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, whitecap said:

We are booked for November 28th out of Florida.  Looks like the CDC has regained it's authority to impose restrictions and the Governor has his new law that does not allow the cruise line to ask for proof of vaccination, so, looks like Princess is in a pickle and we'll be cancelling.  We are not cruising with unvaccinated and don't want to be restricted to the ship unless on a ship excursion.  

It seems there is a workaround.  Provide attest first.  Upload proof (although this was removed from the Health Status questionnaire section AFAIK - unless visible to near departure date).  Princess has not said anything beyond advising bookings are to be fully vaccinated, but other lines are making it voluntary to show proof.  If you don't, are treated as non-vaccinated.

Yes, it seems to be a mixed bag of ideas, and maybe Princess is hoping the dust to settle on these legal cases???  I wish I had thought to discuss with Princess last week.  Doesn't affect me, but I have been curious as to what they are thinking in terms of PE, FL departures.

10 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It seems there is a workaround.  Provide attest first.  Upload proof (although this was removed from the Health Status questionnaire section AFAIK - unless visible to near departure date).  Princess has not said anything beyond advising bookings are to be fully vaccinated, but other lines are making it voluntary to show proof.  If you don't, are treated as non-vaccinated.

Yes, it seems to be a mixed bag of ideas, and maybe Princess is hoping the dust to settle on these legal cases???  I wish I had thought to discuss with Princess last week.  Doesn't affect me, but I have been curious as to what they are thinking in terms of PE, FL departures.

We just uploaded our vaccination cards this afternoon for our cruises in October and December 2021.  Must be another hit or miss situation.

I will be so happy when we can get an arrival group!

3 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

We just uploaded our vaccination cards this afternoon for our cruises in October and December 2021.  Must be another hit or miss situation.

I will be so happy when we can get an arrival group!

Yes, I began to wonder if they just removed the option for further out voyages.  They seem to have program options to hide or reveal certain things based on date criteria.

ETA:  ACK!!!  Just went back into MC App today and call me a liar now.  LOL.  The UPLOAD feature is back.  (I had it, then it was gone and now it is back).  I had uploaded our docs before it went away, but now it is back). 

I have to stop saying things about MC App before re-checking in case something has changed.  Which often happens.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

I just checked and there is not a upload feature for vaccines.  Our cruise is Aug 29th

How frustrating!  If you are OCD like me, just keep checking several times a day.  Maybe you will land on a lucky time when the app will allow you to upload.  Wishing you good luck!

32 minutes ago, RJAM3 said:

I just checked and there is not a upload feature for vaccines.  Our cruise is Aug 29th

We are on the August 22nd cruise.  We do not have an upload feature for the vaccine either.  Not worried as we have to physically show proof so I think that will suffice.

I uploaded my vax record last week. There was a delay between uploading it and recognizing that it was accepted where it kept giving me the option. So I uploaded my CDC card & state digital record. Then the option disappeared.  I'm keeping both with my passport 

Edited by Ombud

12 hours ago, whitecap said:

True, but the unvaccinated are taking their chances,

• Like 1

We just cancelled a  15 day Hawaii cruise  booked for Dec 7 .2022 . Every thing was a go until this  Delta "D" variant which is highly transmissable  came into light . Princess had us place a $800 deposit even though we had  $1318 in FCCs  .  My problem is this virus lingering & even new variant strains appearing ,no booster shots to our JnJ on the horizon that we have yet to see info on , & perhaps a collapse  of the cruise industry .  BTW ,I check the Carnival corp Debt & it is very high indeed  .so there is no guarantee deposits will be safe 

Masks are now being required of both vaccinated & unvaccinated in the largest populated county in the USA ;which is Los Angeles county . Reason for this new mandate is that cases of covid are rising & so are hospitalizations . 

There are states in the US that have reported  as low as 15% of their population that us vaccinated  . Every state in the US now has the D variant in it's  state   .The spread is imminent  & hospitalizations are riding quickly ,so where does that leave the cruise industry & in particular Princess who  has yet to solidify protocols other than all pax & crew must be vaccinated for cruises in 2021 

Although any ship is completely vaccinated did not prevent the Celebrity  Millenium ,7 night Caribbean cruise  from winding up with 2 pax  being A symtomatic  & confined to their cabin 

Princess & other cruise lines need to be more proactive in informing their guests & potential guests  their intended protocols ,especially in light of this new D variant threat 

13 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

True, but the unvaccinated are taking their chances,

They are not only "taking their chances", they are also "taking your chances" as well!  I have absolutely nothing against anyone who chooses not to be vaccinated, their choice.  My choice is not to be around those who are not vaccinated.  I believe the cruise line has an absolute right to compel passengers to prove they are vaccinated and to take that right away from them is simply putting them at risk of major law suits and complaints.  I'm so sick and tired of the lack of common sense, logic and political bs.  Have you ever seen so many "EXPERTS" on the news, each one with a different opinion, each one claiming to "know what's best"?  Headline News this morning; feel sorry for the young lady who was denied entrance to a college because she has chosen to not receive the vaccination.  She applied to a college, in a state with a mandate that all college students must be vaccinated.  She has a confirmed medical reason not to be vaccinated and she has chosen to listen to her doctors, BUT, wanted the college to make an exception for her so she can attend even knowing that her medical condition makes her more susceptible to getting and spreading the virus.    Where is the concern for those other students?  Where is the common sense:  you want to cruise, want to be on/in a confined space with thousands of others and want to reduce your chances of getting or spreading the virus, Get Vaccinated.  Those politicians that want the cruise industry to get back up and running, generating revenue, paying taxes to the local government, move out of the way and let them require proof of vaccination.  

I need more coffee!!!

• Like 1