where is Starbucks/Symphony of the Seas

Symphony and Oasis use Seattle Best coffee...same company, not as over-roasted like *$.  but then, if you're after all the add-ons to mask the coffee flavor, then *$ is what you need.  You can use your*$  phone app and as I recall gift cards (but don't quote me).  I will get a cup from there if they have the Sumatra, Verona or the old Komodo Dragon.  But mostly they have the flavor of the day, Blonde and Pikes Place. 

I have had a starbucks twice , one cream , no sugar ... threw it out both times , lol .

Strong burnt harsh taste . I dont add all those sweet additives to kill the taste .

And being Canadian , i prefer the dishwater they serve up at Tim Hortons. 

• Like 1

We brew our own espresso(deLonghi automatic) and use Lavazza beans, I know coffee...I have no problem with the specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade.  It's a tad less palatable than our espresso but it's OK, definitely better than any other location on the ship.  But when it's working we always get our morning lattes in the Diamond Lounge.  I can't say I ever had anything from the Starbucks counter on board.

10 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

You can use this link to see exactly where Symphony of the Seas is in real time. 

Sites using AIS may not be as accurate as sites such as cruissmapper which use sat location.

28 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We brew our own espresso(deLonghi automatic) and use Lavazza beans, I know coffee...I have no problem with the specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade.  It's a tad less palatable than our espresso but it's OK, definitely better than any other location on the ship.  But when it's working we always get our morning lattes in the Diamond Lounge.  I can't say I ever had anything from the Starbucks counter on board.

Same here , i have a Saeco machine and it makes excellent expresso , with Kimbo beans.

It has the fancy cappucino attachment but i have never used it . 

Also have a Kuerig and like the timothy columbian coffee .

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Starbucks.jpg

19 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Symphony and Oasis use Seattle Best coffee...same company, not as over-roasted like *$.  but then, if you're after all the add-ons to mask the coffee flavor, then *$ is what you need.  You can use your*$  phone app and as I recall gift cards (but don't quote me).  I will get a cup from there if they have the Sumatra, Verona or the old Komodo Dragon.  But mostly they have the flavor of the day, Blonde and Pikes Place. 

Oh good to know. I like all the ones that you listed 🙂  I don't mask my coffee, I like to taste the coffee 🙂  I thought about buying the coffee card so I can get a cappachino at promanade 

17 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I am a coffee  snob, But I"m nice 🙂    I love coffee!!!, what machine do you have, can you snap a pic, been looking for a good machine. I like dark coffee, does lavazza have a good taste for dark roast? Sorry this any cruiseline questions 

1 hour ago, hollon said:

I am a coffee  snob, But I"m nice 🙂    I love coffee!!!, what machine do you have, can you snap a pic, been looking for a good machine. I like dark coffee, does lavazza have a good taste for dark roast? Sorry this any cruiseline questions 

O yeah, their beans are great, using their Espresso right now, but have used their Super Crema too awesome

61zJFyE6NNL._AC_UL320_.jpg

61fpw9inWTL._AC_UL320_.jpg

De'Longhi ECAM35075SI Dinamica with LatteCrema Fully Automatic Espresso Machine, Silver  My model is discontinued (3 yrs old) but it's dependable, can be pricey though

71mTfk0qgzL._AC_UL320_.jpg

Edited by BecciBoo