No NCL cruises out of USA yet? Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, aubreyc1988 said:

All depends on delta variant in terms of keeping unvaccinated off ships. I don't doubt parents are hesitant to vaccinate their kids, but I certainly will not miss the children onboard cruise ships...so if NCL has to raise prices or something to remain vaccinated only/no unvaccinated kids on board, I'd 10/10 pay for that experience. 

For this topic the question would be what percentage of parents who are vaccinated plan to vaccinate their children.  More than 25% I would guess.

That said, I too believe that things will change after Oct 31.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubreyc1988 said:

All depends on delta variant in terms of keeping unvaccinated off ships. I don't doubt parents are hesitant to vaccinate their kids, but I certainly will not miss the children onboard cruise ships...so if NCL has to raise prices or something to remain vaccinated only/no unvaccinated kids on board, I'd 10/10 pay for that experience. 

LOL, CAREFUL, you said the big NO/NO.  You dare to mention children.  Boy did I learn my lesson on that one.  Parents, take a heart pill.  We know that you are not the issue, they your children are not at fault.  The comment was about unvaccinated guest not meant to offend anyone you or your children. 

AubreyC, I did my best.  I feel you completely.  Bringing up children is a tough topic.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

LOL, CAREFUL, you said the big NO/NO.  You dare to mention children.  Boy did I learn my lesson on that one.  Parents, take a heart pill.  We know that you are not the issue, they your children are not at fault.  The comment was about unvaccinated guest not meant to offend anyone you or your children. 

AubreyC, I did my best.  I feel you completely.  Bringing up children is a tough topic.  

I'm childfree, I'm used to people feeling aghast at the idea that someone may not love children lol. I don't mean to offend, but in my OPINION NCL should continue to only allow vaccinated people on board, even if that leaves out the kids. It's for everyone's safety. I personally feel like if kids under 12 can be vaccinated at a certain point when NCL still has 100% vaccinated rules, kids under 12 should be under that same umbrella.  Come end of October, things might be looking a LOT different due to this delta variant, will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

.......... The non-vaccine guests are not very happy at their restrictions onboard.  They feel like second class citizens. 

Been there, done that when I was a smoker. Not fun at all living like that. THAT is why I quit smoking. Life is a whole lot brighter since I quit feeling like a second class citizen back in 2005.

People......get yourself vaccinated and live like a first class citizen again. You will be welcome everywhere again.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I'm childfree, I'm used to people feeling aghast at the idea that someone may not love children lol. I don't mean to offend, but in my OPINION NCL should continue to only allow vaccinated people on board, even if that leaves out the kids. It's for everyone's safety. I personally feel like if kids under 12 can be vaccinated at a certain point when NCL still has 100% vaccinated rules, kids under 12 should be under that same umbrella.  Come end of October, things might be looking a LOT different due to this delta variant, will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

Agree.......once kids under 12 are eligible for the vaccine, keep those un-vaxxed kids who ARE eligible OFF THE SHIPS. There should be no exceptions to the 100% vaxxed NCL rule as long as they continue to commit to 100% vaccinated cruises.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

So the big question is... "why is NCL is requiring ALL passengers to be vaccinated?" What are we missing? What's the end game?

There is no "end game". By ensuring that they have >95% vaccinated onboard, NCL can bypass all of the CDC requirements for test cruises, taking the dependency on the CDC out of their restart equation. That is what is known as "Smart Business". 

image.png.fa7fe31c05330cbc24ab24f89ccc0a45.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Ahhhhhh... . No. 

Look at the footnote.  Inability for someone under twelve to get a vaccine is a valid medical exemption.

MIAMI, July 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (the “Company”) (NYSE: NCLH), a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands, today announced Norwegian Jade set sail from Athens as the first ship in the Company’s fleet to relaunch since cruises halted in March 2020. This voyage set sail with a fully vaccinated population onboard in addition to multiple layers of preventative protocols, including universal COVID-19 testing immediately prior to boarding, as part of the Company’s robust, science-backed SailSAFE™ health and safety program. To resume cruising in the safest way possible in the current public health environment, the Company has a consistent 100% vaccination policy* for all voyages across its three brands to protect its guests, crew and communities visited.

“Our long-awaited Great Cruise Comeback has officially commenced with the return of Norwegian Jade, the first ship in our fleet to resume cruising,” said Frank Del Rio, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. “With resumption plans now announced for all 28 of our ships through April 2022, we are excited to once again give our guests the opportunity to travel and explore the world with the comfort of knowing that all of our ships will initially operate under our robust science-backed SailSAFE health and safety program including 100% vaccination of guests and crew. We continue to see incredible pent-up demand for future cruise vacations and I look forward to welcoming our loyal guests back onboard.”

The Company has announced its phased relaunch plans for all 28 ships across its three brands which began with Norwegian Jade in July and continues through April 2022. The first cruise to commence in the United States is scheduled on August 7, 2021 aboard Norwegian Encore sailing to Alaska from Seattle. All initial voyages will operate with the Company’s comprehensive SailSAFE™ health and safety protocols which were developed with leading public health and scientific experts including the Healthy Sail Panel and the SailSAFE Global Health and Wellness Council. The Company’s SailSAFE protocols will be continuously evaluated and modified with the latest science and technology.

*Limited exceptions may be made pursuant to valid medical or religious exemptions.

Edited by mrlevin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

NCLH now saying 100% vaccinated with both medical and religiou a;s exceptions.  Children under twelve qualify for a medical exception.

Where are you finding this?  We're on the Encore out of Seattle next month and NCL's Sail Safe policy states that 100% of guests must be vaccinated, no exceptions, on all sailings out of the USA.  Is this for outside the US or after 10/31?

Edited by NikiPinkston
Edit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NikiPinkston said:

Where are you finding this?  We're on the Encore out of Seattle next month and NCL's Sail Safe policy states that 100% of guests must be vaccinated, no exceptions, on all sailings out of the USA.  Is this for outside the US or after 10/31?

The quote I provided was from press release today on NCLH investor site.  This follows Crystal also changing their 100% policy to allow children.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no "end game".". 

Says the man who is convinced NCL has had a “well thought and executed plan”  🙂

. I can think of a dozen end game possibilities, not one having to do with vaccine requirements. Smoke and mirrors. 

• Like 3

Just now, mrlevin said:

The quote I provided was from press release today on NCLH investor site.  This follows Crystal also changing their 100% policy to allow children.

I'd love to read that, mrlevin.  Do you have a link?  Thanks!

2 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Where does it say that being a child is a 'medical exemption'?

• Like 1

Just now, Karaboudjan said:

Where does it say that being a child is a 'medical exemption'?

It doesn't.  Inability to take a vaccine has been an exemption in the past.  NCLH changed their policy to allow wiggle room to permit kids; just like Crystal did.

2 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Thank you, mrlevin.  I just found it, too.  I hope that there aren't many exceptions, as I don't relish being on a ship with people who aren't vaccinated.  I'm really a very nice person, but covid is nothing to mess around with!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no "end game". By ensuring that they have >95% vaccinated onboard, NCL can bypass all of the CDC requirements for test cruises, taking the dependency on the CDC out of their restart equation. That is what is known as "Smart Business". 

image.png.fa7fe31c05330cbc24ab24f89ccc0a45.png

95%+ is exactly what Celebrity is doing….

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NikiPinkston said:

Thank you, mrlevin.  I just found it, too.  I hope that there aren't many exceptions, as I don't relish being on a ship with people who aren't vaccinated.  I'm really a very nice person, but covid is nothing to mess around with!

Ah, re-read this press release. and it sounds like the exceptions may occur in the future as "the Company’s SailSAFE protocols will be continuously evaluated and modified with the latest science and technology" (going forward).  Hopefully, at some point we'll be looking at covid in the rearview mirror and "exceptions" won't matter so much.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

Ah, re-read this press release. and it sounds like the exceptions may occur in the future as "the Company’s SailSAFE protocols will be continuously evaluated and modified with the latest science and technology" (going forward).  Hopefully, at some point we'll be looking at covid in the rearview mirror and "exceptions" won't matter so much.

I don't believe that is a correct interpretation. If you read the companies entire release you will see notes about "forward looking predictions". These are included in most financial documents. Forward looking means anything that happens after printing of said release. Read the section titled "Cautionary Statement Concerning Forward-Looking Statements"

In today's press release NCL includes an out to the 100% vaccination rule. I know that many of the die-hard "I only will sail on 100% vaccinated cruises" are going to be disappointed, but in my opinion this overt change gives the company at least a chance of survival.

In other words, not all is lost. This is good news from a business perespective. Perhaps they can now gather up enough passengers to sail profitably.

But I do understand the dissappointment those of you who have hung your hat on the promise that NCL would sail 100% vaccinated. I get it. Allowing for exemptions is certainly not the same thing as 100% vaccinated. For those of you who have been adament you will not sail unless it's 100% vaccination, NCL has a great cancellation policy. FWIW: I do believe you will sail safely with this 'new' policy. Other cruise lines have been sailing under the same requirements for months without serious incident.

*Limited exceptions may be made pursuant to valid medical or religious exemptions. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I don't believe that is a correct interpretation. If you read the companies entire release you will see notes about "forward looking predictions". These are included in most financial documents. Forward looking means anything that happens after printing of said release. Read the section titled "Cautionary Statement Concerning Forward-Looking Statements"

In today's press release NCL includes an out to the 100% vaccination rule. I know that many of the die-hard "I only will sail on 100% vaccinated cruises" are going to be disappointed, but in my opinion this overt change gives the company at least a chance of survival. IMO: It's good news from a business perespective.

But I do understand the dissappointment those of you who have hung your hat on the promise that NCL would sail 100% vaccinated. I get it. Allowing for exemptions is certainly not the same thing as 100% vaccinated. But I do believe you will sail safely. Other cruise lines have been sailing under the same requirements for months without serious incident.

I don't have a problem with VALID MEDICAL EXEMPTIONS, which can be proof provided by a physican. But religious exemptions, blah. Anyone can cry that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NikiPinkston said:

Ah, re-read this press release. and it sounds like the exceptions may occur in the future as "the Company’s SailSAFE protocols will be continuously evaluated and modified with the latest science and technology" 

Agree exceptions, "may be made" in the future.  NCL isn't quoted as saying, "will be made". 

"Limited exceptions may be made pursuant to valid medical or religious exemptions".

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

In today's press release NCL includes an out to the 100% vaccination rule. I know that many of the die-hard "I only will sail on 100% vaccinated cruises" are going to be disappointed, but in my opinion this overt change gives the company at least a chance of survival.

In other words, not all is lost. This is good news from a business perespective. Perhaps they can now gather up enough passengers to sail profitably.

But I do understand the dissappointment those of you who have hung your hat on the promise that NCL would sail 100% vaccinated. I get it. Allowing for exemptions is certainly not the same thing as 100% vaccinated. For those of you who have been adament you will not sail unless it's 100% vaccination, NCL has a great cancellation policy. FWIW: I do believe you will sail safely with this 'new' policy. Other cruise lines have been sailing under the same requirements for months without serious incident.

We're not adamant about only sailing with all passengers 100% vaccinated, we just PREFER it but, hopefully, anyone onboard who is not vaccinated will have limitations as they do on other cruise lines, which will limit vaccinated passengers' exposure to the unvaccinated.  It's not a reason to cancel at this point, but it seems like NCL is opening themselves up to lawsuits if passengers who've been vaccinated & promised a 100% vaccinated cruise catch covid from unvaccinated passengers while onboard.  I'm not litigious and I'm not heartless toward those who can't be vaccinated for a medical reason, I've just seen too much suffering and death from this virus and I want to avoid it if I can.

• Like 1