Enchanted Princess - Phantom Bridge?

Raisinette

Searched & found this information which was first on Sky Princess.

https://www.princess.com/news/news_releases/2019/07/princess-cruises-announces-first-of-its-kind-digitally-enhanced-escape-room-experience-phantom-bridge-onboard-sky-princess-and-enchanted-princess.html

“On the Phantom Bridge, Princess Cruises guests will face immersive environments and show moments as they race to solve puzzles and travel to endangered time periods. The entire ship will transform and respond to guest actions, enveloping them in the story. Developed exclusively for Princess Cruises by Farbound, the leader in gamified real-life experiences, the debut of Phantom Bridge will feature the first MediascapeTM Room, the proprietary gaming and show-control system that runs the entire game play”.

D0469035-331F-4099-8897-41E72711B34F.jpeg

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a jerk, so I'll just say it. This is something that I'd like to do but not if there's a whole crowd of other passengers in it at the same time that we are. I think it would spoil the fun if there were a bunch of people in there, tripping over each other and shouting out clues they find. How many people do they allow in at a time?

3 minutes ago, Doug R. said:

Why?

I guess I expected it to be more like a real escape the room and if you wanted to "escape" in the allotted time of 1/2 hr you needed hints from the cruise staff that was in the room with you. He was surprised that we were able to "escape" with the hints he gave us as not many did as well as we did or even figured out how to "escape". I don't want to spoil it for people who choose to do it with real examples. We were a group of 4(myself, my husband and 2 adult children ) and I thought that the $60 could have been better spent elsewhere. If the cost was reduced to $5 maybe i would have felt it was worth it. Like I said before, this is just my opinion and others might disagree with me.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a jerk, so I'll just say it. This is something that I'd like to do but not if there's a whole crowd of other passengers in it at the same time that we are. I think it would spoil the fun if there were a bunch of people in there, tripping over each other and shouting out clues they find. How many people do they allow in at a time?

We had to reserve in advance the first day in princess live and we were able to reserve for just my family. Not sure if they could have added people, i don't remember. The room isn't that big so I can't imaging allowing many more people in at a time.

Edited by LImom

Just now, LImom said:

We had to reserve in advance the first day in princess live and we were able to reserve for just my family. Not sure if they could have added people, i don't remember.

Thanks for the info. Upcoming, we're booked on the Majestic and the Discovery, so maybe we'll give this a shot if they have it on one of those. 😀

2 hours ago, LImom said:

I guess I expected it to be more like a real escape the room and if you wanted to "escape" in the allotted time of 1/2 hr you needed hints from the cruise staff that was in the room with you.

We did the Princess escape room that is like what you expected on a non-Royal class ship and at no cost. You had to sign up in advance and besides the two of us, there were 3 or four other passengers we had not met before.

Working as a team with different people finding and solving different clues, we did "escape" in the allotted time.

It was a fun experience, but as I understand it this free version is never changed and is the same on all the ships it is on, so I would not repeat it.

11 hours ago, LImom said:

I guess I expected it to be more like a real escape the room and if you wanted to "escape" in the allotted time of 1/2 hr you needed hints from the cruise staff that was in the room with you. He was surprised that we were able to "escape" with the hints he gave us as not many did as well as we did or even figured out how to "escape". I don't want to spoil it for people who choose to do it with real examples. We were a group of 4(myself, my husband and 2 adult children ) and I thought that the $60 could have been better spent elsewhere. If the cost was reduced to $5 maybe i would have felt it was worth it. Like I said before, this is just my opinion and others might disagree with me.

Sigh... Sounds pretty good but your description makes it far less inviting. I did the "regular" Escape Room on a cruise and it took our group most of the allotted time to "escape" but we did so using the clues in the room. I did the Escape Room later on another cruise and, imagine my disappointment when I found it was the exact same thing. I had to hold back and kind of go along with the others as I remembered far too much of the scenario. (No, I didn't remember everything because I quite obviously didn't figure it all out on my own the first time.) I remembered some fairly critical things that I eventually kind of guided another person into discovering because nobody was getting it but I didn't want to spoil it for others. We made it out but only barely in time and with a major hint that came over the speakers from the crew. I was willing to "fail" in order not to ruin it for others as I really don't like cheating. 

It's kind of a bummer that you say the current thing can be solved using only pre-existing hints. That's a bit sad. It really should be a challenge. After all, it's not as if failure carries major consequences. Failure really should be a realistic option. It kind of sounds like this was designed by a US citizen. You know... Everybody gets a trophy... (GAH!!!)

Edited by Thrak

11 minutes ago, KruzPrincess said:

So this is probably the space from taking the library away. Personally I ‘d rather have the library, but they don’t make money from it.  

The last few cruises we have been on the library was pretty much a joke anyway - although it did provide a quite place to read. We always found a different place to read but did see some folks who were in there fairly regularly. It wasn't a place to peruse a lot of reading possibilities though. Face it, there are a lot of really slow readers out there who wouldn't manage to finish most books during their cruise. (Depending of course, on the length of the cruise.)

Edit: Sorry if I offended anyone. In my household the TV rarely worked so we went to the library. We read all the time. I still read all the time. When I was 15, Star Trek came out. I took the tubes out of the TV, got my mom to take me to Safeway where they had a tube tester, persuaded her to replace the bad tubes, (multiple tubes...) and repaired the TV myself because I wanted to be able to watch Star Trek.

Edited by Thrak

22 minutes ago, Thrak said:

The last few cruises we have been on the library was pretty much a joke anyway - although it did provide a quite place to read. We always found a different place to read but did see some folks who were in there fairly regularly. It wasn't a place to peruse a lot of reading possibilities though. Face it, there are a lot of really slow readers out there who wouldn't manage to finish most books during their cruise. (Depending of course, on the length of the cruise.)

Edit: Sorry if I offended anyone. In my household the TV rarely worked so we went to the library. We read all the time. I still read all the time. When I was 15, Star Trek came out. I took the tubes out of the TV, got my mom to take me to Safeway where they had a tube tester, persuaded her to replace the bad tubes, (multiple tubes...) and repaired the TV myself because I wanted to be able to watch Star Trek.

I don’t want to go off topic here too much, but some Princess ships have had a good selection of books and some are terrible. I’ve read as many as 15 books during a two week cruise and they were all from the library. I will miss it. 

2 hours ago, KruzPrincess said:

So this is probably the space from taking the library away. Personally I ‘d rather have the library, but they don’t make money from it.  

No…it’s on deck 18 by Center Court & the same space on other Royal-Class ships is a Laser Shooting Range…not a library.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

No…it’s on deck 18 by Center Court & the same space on other Royal-Class ships is a Laser Shooting Range…not a library.

Are you saying that they removed the Laser Shooting Range & replaced it with the Phantom Bridge ?

51 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Are you saying that they removed the Laser Shooting Range & replaced it with the Phantom Bridge ?

Yes…based on the deck plans beginning with Sky the previous space for Laser Shooting is now the Phantom Bridge.

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes…based on the deck plans beginning with Sky the previous space for Laser Shooting is now the Phantom Bridge.

In the Live thread for the current sailing this is posted in the Patter:

image.png.fab8ec3021b7daf81843b8874886231d.png

We did a land based escape room on a trip pre-covid.  It was just my wife and me and we completely sucked at it - overthinking things.  Supposed to work our way through 3 rooms in 45 min.  We had to be spoon fed to get out of the first room.  Never saw the 3rd room.

And no - our faculties are not yet gone - we are only 59.  I guess we just never had any faculties.

Some people know how these type of games go and what clues are valid - we were just out of the loop for such a game.  We laugh at our incompetence when these escape rooms are mentioned.  Don't think I would pay for one again but I can see how others certainly might.

Don

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

In the Live thread for the current sailing this is posted in the Patter:

image.png.fab8ec3021b7daf81843b8874886231d.png

Majestic was the last one showing the shooting simulator for this space off Center Court

• Sky & Enchanted - Phantom Bridge
  • Discovery - The Experience Center

Edited by Astro Flyer