Vista now Orange?

EmmasNana

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

From what I have read of their ordeal, I believe they had to quarantine at a hotel because they flew in for their cruise.  I don't know if it would have been an option for them to just rent a car and drive home.

Good question. But was it the airline that required a quarantine?

16 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Good question. But was it the airline that required a quarantine?

Read thru some of the previous posts. Unless you want to lie to get on a airplane, you cant board knowingly covid positive. She said she doesnt want to rent a car and drive to CT from TX. 

You say required. What would you have her do? Knowingly expose others or stay alone with her son in a hotel room. She isnt guarded and could walk out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brew12 said:

Forced probably isn't the correct word. The issue is the plane flight. If they lived within driving distance they could have driven home. They only way for them to fly home would be to lie on their health screening questionnaire which could have criminal penalties. 

Unless they agreed to something not typical, they could leave any time they want. 

Understand. I ought to have used "caused them to quarantine" rather than "forced them to quarantine".  Many of us do fly to/from debarkation ports, so the rxperience of DeweyTrader's family is something to consider I think. Our next scheduled cruise is from a port to which we can drive, but others are not.

Doug

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Read thru some of the previous posts. Unless you want to lie to get on a airplane, you cant board knowingly covid positive. She said she doesnt want to rent a car and drive to CT from TX. 

You say required. What would you have her do? Knowingly expose others or stay alone with her son in a hotel room. She isnt guarded and could walk out. 

Of course not, I never suggested that. She did the proper and courageous thing there is no doubt in my mind. I just wanted to know what precipitated her decision to stay and self quarantine. I  missed the part where she mentioned flying to/from the port <I have not read each post here>. I'm also curious how insurance will hopefully compensate her family. What caused her family to quarantine will be at the heart of the matter with the insurance company. I hope the famiy receives compensation, but I doubt it will be from Carnival's "trip coverage" insurance. Since I have CCL's insurance on our next cruise, I'm curious about that. 😉

Doug

4 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Of course not, I never suggested that. She did the proper and courageous thing there is no doubt in my mind. I just wanted to know what precipitated her decision to stay and self quarantine. I  missed the part where she mentioned flying to/from the port <I have not read each post here>. I'm also curious how insurance will hopefully compensate her family. What caused her family to quarantine will be at the heart of the matter with the insurance company. I hope the famiy receives compensation, but I doubt it will be from Carnival's "trip coverage" insurance. Since I have CCL's insurance on our next cruise, I'm curious about that. 😉

Doug

Maybe she will share with you her insurance coverage, but I didnt see anything other than she mentioned trip interruption coverage. Whenever she gets home she has to file. I saw one post that said her coverage for quarantine might be 150% of what her cruise costs. No idea about her insurance particularly. 

One of her 2 kids tested positive, so that's why carnival tested the 2 parents. Hubby negative, dewey positive. They gave her a list of possible quarantine hotels and free internet and phone calls and said have at it. Hopefully in the future the part in carnivals policy where it says they will help you obtain a quarantine hotel includes them calling and a list with up to date phone numbers. Carnivals poicy says you are responsible for any quarantine costs. 

Maybe she tested negative and on her way home, idk, havent seen her posting today here.

She got off the 5 day breeze, I think last friday. I'm only booking drive to cruises myself right now. 

Maybe she will post later and answer your questions.

25 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe she will share with you her insurance coverage, but I didnt see anything other than she mentioned trip interruption coverage. Whenever she gets home she has to file. I saw one post that said her coverage for quarantine might be 150% of what her cruise costs. No idea about her insurance particularly. 

One of her 2 kids tested positive, so that's why carnival tested the 2 parents. Hubby negative, dewey positive. They gave her a list of possible quarantine hotels and free internet and phone calls and said have at it. Hopefully in the future the part in carnivals policy where it says they will help you obtain a quarantine hotel includes them calling and a list with up to date phone numbers. Carnivals poicy says you are responsible for any quarantine costs. 

Maybe she tested negative and on her way home, idk, havent seen her posting today here.

She got off the 5 day breeze, I think last friday. I'm only booking drive to cruises myself right now. 

Maybe she will post later and answer your questions.

Still here at the Holiday Inn.  Bc we go on several trips a year we buy a annul insurance policy.  Allianz AllTrips Premier, my husband contacted them and said this would be covered under trip interruption, which I believe is up 2k per person.(i hope it is not 2k total, need to double check with him)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Well doing research on the policy myself, looks like we are only covered for 2k total.  So much of this will be self funded.  I did hear back from Carnival, they are not willing to do anything else for us...not expecting just hoping.

sorry to hear that.  Hoping things get better.

33 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Well doing research on the policy myself, looks like we are only covered for 2k total.  So much of this will be self funded.  I did hear back from Carnival, they are not willing to do anything else for us...not expecting just hoping.

Check to see if there’s an included Epidemic Coverage Endorsement to cover these special circumstances. Some have these for the pandemic quarantines. Also, Carnival *might* refund the day(s)/time your party missed enjoying the ship’s amenities due to quarantine, I know other lines that do so for other illnesses. 

Good luck and best wishes!

Edited by syesmar

15 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Looks like you maxed  out your annual limit for trip interruption. That will require rethinking what you do for any other trips you have planned this year.

I am sorry for the position you’re  in now in spite of your best efforts. It is a cautionary tale for others who are booked to sail in the near future.

2 minutes ago, syesmar said:

Also, Carnival *might* refund the days you missed due to quarantine, I know other lines do for other illnesses. 

Good luck and best wishes!

She didnt miss any cruise days. Her son tested at noon on Thursday and they called her name to come test. The last day of her 5 day cruise was friday. She has been saying she feels like they snuck her off after everyone else got off the ship. Breeze does 4/5 day cruises. 

Now days of work idk . 

Dewey I hope you test negative soon. How are you feeling? Carnival did nothing for me when i got left in new orleans due to hurricane Ike hitting Galveston.  Zero. I had 2 hc adults to rent a car and get home from new orleans. I swore I'd never do carnival again the way they treated us, but I'm back. 

• Like 1

Looks there may be epidemic clause as we purchased the policy in april, we will see what happens when we file the claim!  I  am not really worried about the small stuff, I am a prinicple person and doing right by people.  Luckily both my husband and I are self employed and have unlimited vacation time...plus my husband brought all needed to run our business with him!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

Looks there may be epidemic clause as we purchased the policy in april, we will see what happens when we file the claim!  I  am not really worried about the small stuff, I am a prinicple person and doing right by people.  Luckily both my husband and I are self employed and have unlimited vacation time...plus my husband brought all needed to run our business with him!

Most importantly, how are you feeling? 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Still here at the Holiday Inn.  Bc we go on several trips a year we buy a annul insurance policy.  Allianz AllTrips Premier, my husband contacted them and said this would be covered under trip interruption, which I believe is up 2k per person.(i hope it is not 2k total, need to double check with him)

Well, that sounds encouraging. I suspect it's $2k per person. Bet you're glad you have that insurance. We have never gotten it on an annual basis, but we have used Allianz several times in the past for individual trip insurance. We have gotten it lately in conjunction with the cruise line's insurance, basically for  the line's FCAR provision. Your experience demonstrates that thing can go very wrong before or after the actual cruise. Insurance is such a burdensome cost.....until you actually need it.☺️

Hope your family life returns to normal quickly.😎

Doug

• Like 1

12 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Sorry, I should have read it all before I posted that I thought the $2k was each person. You will know better for the next trip, eh? You have been an excellent teacher for the rest of us with upcoming cruises. I know I will be examining our insurance for the next two cruises very closely!

Glad you are sharing your experiences.

Doug

• Like 2

I’m sorry to hear insurance won’t cover all of your extra expenses. The annual policies are great, but it seems like when I priced it out,  if you had an occurrence on one trip, you would basically Max out your coverage for any other potential occurrences other trips that year, so we still shell out for individual trips. The poster’s idea to check about your potential extra pandemic coverage was a good idea though, and I hope it works!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 3:21 PM, deweytrader said:

Just off the Breeze today, fully vaccinated 2 doses Pfizer 3 weeks apart back in March/April.  Son (10) not vaxxed and I both positive.  Husband fully vaxxed and daughter 9 non vaxxed both negative.  Carnival gave us free calls and a list of hotels with bad phone numbers toi arrange Texas quarantine (from CT). Did not announce the positive cases on board and the polcieci/procedures for dealing with cases non existent.  They did shell out for transfer to hotel as I mentioned that I would have to find an ambulance.  They snuck us out after all passenger were disembarked thru the back door...Horrible experience

BINGO!  THIS is the reason for my caution on cruising/traveling right now.  One can find reason in a positive test does not translate to illness or anything symptomatic (totally get this) but it can 100% result in a terrible experience, especially for anyone that is traveling far or internationally. 

Eventually we (I) might have to accept this reality (or a miracle) and suck it up as the risk to travel but I am not ready to be okay with the risk of not being able to fly home for days (weeks?), symptomatic or not (in addition to all the other overhead that comes with a positive test) and I am fully vaxxed.  Meanwhile for now I will live it all through those that don't have as many hoops to jump through to cruise (like living near the port).

😞

Edited by poffles
  • Like 2