Caribbean Princess Drydock?

ceilidh1

8 minutes ago, Reina del Mar said:

Amazing must mean something different where you live..?

I’d  call it…….devastating, earth shattering, dreadful, shocking, disappointing, upsetting etc etc!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree 'amazing' is too mild.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Where can I find this information for the Crown Princess?

The cruises on the  Crown Princess that were in Jan - March  were not cancelled.  They just "switched" ships and now we are on the Emerald Princess.   Princess calls it a redeployment which we have had happen before.   Just received our new TA  invoices for Jan and Feb cruises and the FCDs have been applied to those two.  Don't have the new invoice for the March cruise and the FCD for that cruise has not been applied yet. 

Edited by coo359a2

It would be nice if they would complete the re-deployment of the Crown to Emerald ships before they start making more changes to other bookings.  I've been waiting over a week now for them to get my current booking straightened out and switched over correctly.  Frustrating to try and refare EZ-Air when you can't even access your current booking. 😂 Come on Princess, your trying to juggle to many balls in the air at one time. 🙄

5 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

It would be nice if they would complete the re-deployment of the Crown to Emerald ships before they start making more changes to other bookings.  I've been waiting over a week now for them to get my current booking straightened out and switched over correctly.  Frustrating to try and refare EZ-Air when you can't even access your current booking. 😂 Come on Princess, your trying to juggle to many balls in the air at one time. 🙄

I spoke to a helpful Princess CSR about a different, non-Caribbean booking and she said we would need to wait until the Replacement Team got to our booking. So I suppose it is messy to juggle 'Move / FCC 110% / Refund', find appropriate cabins on new ship and adjust Perks / Price etc.

Edited by Tedferg

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I spoke to a helpful Princess CSR about a different, non-Caribbean booking and she said we would need to wait until the Replacement Team got to our booking. So I suppose it is messy to juggle 'Move / FCC 110% / Refund', find appropriate cabins on new ship and adjust Perks / Price etc.

Yes I chatted today online with one and she said they are still working on ours (Panama Canal 10/day).  But when I read this I thought now they have another ship of changes to have to complete.  Let's finish one before we move on to another, lol.  I admit my booking has a lot of moving parts to it from a cancelled Alaska cruise from last year, just hope they get it all switched over correctly when it is all finished. 😅  Good Luck to everyone!

4 hours ago, MissyKish said:

Does anyone have any information of what will be done during the drydock. Is it engine work or refurbishment style things?

With being out of service for 8 weeks (March 13 - May 7) this is the longest Princess drydock I can recall. Some of that time will be to transit from FL to Portland & back. Throughout the years the ship has had propulsion issues so wonder if that could be a reason for the drydock.

Whatever the reasons looking forward to sailing a renovated ship in Fall 2022.

F7BE4301-B8C2-4232-B946-8973B2386C71.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

With being out of service for 8 weeks (March 13 - May 7) this is the longest Princess drydock I can recall. Some of that time will be to transit from FL to Portland & back. Throughout the years the ship has had propulsion issues so wonder if that could be a reason for the drydock.

Whatever the reasons looking forward to sailing a renovated ship in Fall 2022.

F7BE4301-B8C2-4232-B946-8973B2386C71.jpeg

Mar 13 is the last cruise ending Mar 20.  So using Mar 21 how long to Portland?  Ft Lauderdale to LA through the canal is about 14 days - drop that to 10 to allow for no port stops?  Then another 3 days to Portland?  So about 13 days one way - total 26 for transit?   That puts her in Portland around Apr 3.  To make the May 14 sailing she'd have to leave Portland around May 1 to allow for provisioning?  So that leaves a little over 3 weeks for drydock.  Is 3 weeks a long drydock?

All just guesstimation, of course - it's kind of a slow day.

Edited by cltnccruisers
Wrong date

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

Mar 13 is the last cruise ending Mar 20.  So using Mar 21 how long to Portland?  Ft Lauderdale to LA through the canal is about 14 days - drop that to 10 to allow for no port stops?  Then another 3 days to Portland?  So about 13 days one way - total 26 for transit?   That puts her in Portland around Apr 3.  To make the May 14 sailing she'd have to leave Portland around May 1 to allow for provisioning?  So that leaves a little over 3 weeks for drydock.  Is 3 weeks a long drydock?

All just guesstimation, of course - it's kind of a slow day.

I noticed that the 6-day cruise on 3/13 currently shows available for booking however their cancelation statement is that cruises beginning on 3/13 are cancelled. Hopefully they’ll soon clarify their conflicting information.

The first post-drydock cruise is currently scheduled for 5/14 from Port Everglades which is 9 weeks after their stated first cruise cancelation on 3/13.

I don’t know how long non-stop transit times would be but based on your calculations then 3 weeks wouldn’t be a long drydock. Although with 8 weeks of cancelations don’t think it’d require 5 weeks of transit time.

Although your guess-timate is just as good as my speculation. ☺️

26 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I noticed that the 6-day cruise on 3/13 currently shows available for booking however their cancelation statement is that cruises beginning on 3/13 are cancelled. Hopefully they’ll soon clarify their conflicting information.

The first post-drydock cruise is currently scheduled for 5/14 from Port Everglades which is 9 weeks after their stated first cruise cancelation on 3/13.

I don’t know how long non-stop transit times would be but based on your calculations then 3 weeks wouldn’t be a long drydock. Although with 8 weeks of cancelations don’t think it’d require 5 weeks of transit time.

Although your guess-timate is just as good as my speculation. ☺️

The doc I'd posted had Mar 20 as the first cancelation.  That would have been us.   That's why I started my guess with Mar 21.  This is the 5th iteration of trying to do this family cruise.  We canceled the first try with RCCL because our TA made a mess of it.  Now this is the fourth booking with PCL, two being hosed by COVID and now the drydock.  Great fun, huh?

Edited by cltnccruisers
addition

We just found out through CC that our April 10, 2022 Caribbean Princess cruise has been cancelled.

They have not notified us as of yet. It was a pre-TA cruise for us on the Emerald.

Seeing the drydock schedules, now we know why--I guess.

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

The doc I'd posted had Mar 20 as the first cancelation.  That would have been us.   That's why I started my guess with Mar 21.  This is the 5th iteration of trying to do this family cruise.  We canceled the first try with RCCL because our TA made a mess of it.  Now this is the fourth booking with PCL, two being hosed by COVID and now the drydock.  Great fun, huh?

It’s no fun at all but as you know unfortunately that’s the pandemic world we live in.

We’ve had 4 cruises cancelled (a cumulative 2 months) & have 3 booked within the next 15 months. One is scheduled in early April 2022 on Discovery which is scheduled to arrive in LA from Italy for its inaugural cruise on 3/1/22. With all of the previous & current schedule changes hopefully Discovery won’t be sent to the Caribbean instead. 😟

If you’re old enough to remember SNL’s Gilda Radner’s “Rosanne Roseannadanna” character that seems to describe the state of cruising: “It’s always something, if it ain’t one thing, it’s another”. 🤪

039A19A9-DFEC-4E0D-A253-1A3501486114.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

23 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

It’s no fun at all but as you know unfortunately that’s the pandemic world we live in.

We’ve had 4 cruises cancelled (a cumulative 2 months) & have 3 booked within the next 15 months. One is scheduled in early April 2022 on Discovery which is scheduled to arrive in LA from Italy for its inaugural cruise on 3/1/22. With all of the previous & current schedule changes hopefully Discovery won’t be sent to the Caribbean instead. 😟

If you’re old enough to remember SNL’s Gilda Radner’s “Rosanne Roseannadanna” character that seems to describe the state of cruising: “It’s always something, if it ain’t one thing, it’s another”. 🤪

039A19A9-DFEC-4E0D-A253-1A3501486114.jpeg

Back in the days when SNL was actually funny.

We've got an Equinox 8/21, Sky Princess 11/21, Caribbean Princess 3/22, Equinox 10/22, Sky Princess TA 11/23.  So I guess I'll never retire after all.  

12 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Back in the days when SNL was actually funny.

We've got an Equinox 8/21, Sky Princess 11/21, Caribbean Princess 3/22, Equinox 10/22, Sky Princess TA 11/23.  So I guess I'll never retire after all.  

Ain’t that the truth!

Good luck with your future cruises…we had a great experience on Sky for 28 days in November 2019 around the Med ending at Ft Lauderdale & hopefully you’ll also enjoy it. Being retired we’ve got more time now but less disposable income but certainly not complaining.

10 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Ain’t that the truth!

Good luck with your future cruises…we had a great experience on Sky for 28 days in November 2019 around the Med ending at Ft Lauderdale & hopefully you’ll also enjoy it. Being retired we’ve got more time now but less disposable income but certainly not complaining.

I hope the Sky TA will be my retirement cruise.

Quick mundane question.  Over 28 days did you use the self service laundromat?  If so, how did that work out?

2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I hope the Sky TA will be my retirement cruise.

Quick mundane question.  Over 28 days did you use the self service laundromat?  If so, how did that work out?

I’m attempting for the 5th time to reply to you. 😳

As an elite benefit we get free cleaning from the ship’s laundry & only use the laundromats for delicates or exercise clothing in gentle cold water cycles.

When using the laundromats it’s worked well but it can be crowded particularly on sea days.

• Like 1

We are on the 3/13 shortened sailing, and just got notified by Princess today about the change (however no word from our TA, no call back today which is typical).  The cruise was entirely paid for with FCC.  I noticed some additional FCC in my account after the change to this sailing from 7 days to 6. 

We have limited time we can take off and aren't happy with the shorter trip and the drop of a port.  We're considering the 3/10 Enchanted 10-day sailing, but not sure if we can swing the extra days.  I have a room on hold just in case!

With a request to change a non-cancelled but impacted cruise, would we be eligible to carry over our OBC from the 3/13 cruise (just $75pp) or for bonus FCC?

Edited by CarolCoupon
Corrected sailing date to 3/13

On 8/4/2021 at 2:55 PM, Astro Flyer said:

The Princess cancellation notice references the cancellation of the 3/13 14-day East/West sailing. Confusing, I agree! 

On 8/4/2021 at 1:55 PM, Astro Flyer said:

Originally the 3/13 cruise was for 7 days. So it was cancelled and a new 6-day itinerary was set up instead and why the 6-day shows available for booking.

• Thanks 1

We were scheduled April 16 for two weeks.  Received notice last Thursday ship is in drydock and Caribbean Princes cruises are canceled.

We lost our window suite and most of future cabins with Caribbean are already filled.

We elected to take the FCC plus 10% to rebook in the future

We also submitted claims for lost hotel room where fees were not reimbursed