Upgrades/Upsells - Alaska

Syracusefan44

20 hours ago, Syracusefan44 said:

I did not ask Princess to please let me pay more for a stateroom. My wife and I were in an obstructed balcony with steel instead of glass which would prevent us from seeing anything when sitting in a chair outside.

I decided to reach out out to Princess so my wife and I would have a more enjoyable cruise in a better balcony stateroom. In my opinion Princess offered me a great deal paying them $159 more per person or $1379 for a mini suite that is currently being sold for $1899.

Sorry but I am not willing to wait for Princess will send me an email from Princess offering me a FREE upgrade (which has not happened in the past 20 years) when I can pay a few dollars for a much better stateroom.

While I understand your logic, you 100% made caribill`s point!

• Like 1

We got an upsell offer about 6 weeks out for our upcoming Alaska cruise. It was $199 each to go from a standard balcony to a minisuite. I didn't go for it. The offer said to reply to the email and my card on file would be charged. There were minis open on that sailing that I wouldn't have liked as well as our balcony. I know I could probably - emphasis on "probably" - have gotten it changed if we were assigned one that I didn't like, but it just wasn't worth the hassle. If they'd sent me a list to choose from, I might have been more likely to go for it. The offer came from the generic reservations email address.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

We got an upsell offer about 6 weeks out for our upcoming Alaska cruise. It was $199 each to go from a standard balcony to a minisuite. I didn't go for it. The offer said to reply to the email and my card on file would be charged. There were minis open on that sailing that I wouldn't have liked as well as our balcony. I know I could probably - emphasis on "probably" - have gotten it changed if we were assigned one that I didn't like, but it just wasn't worth the hassle. If they'd sent me a list to choose from, I might have been more likely to go for it. The offer came from the generic reservations email address.

They DID send me a list of mini suites to choose from when we accepted the upgrade.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jbhermes said:

They DID send me a list of mini suites to choose from when we accepted the upgrade.

That's nice. Wish they'd done that with me. I would have been interested to see what they were offering.

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

Every time in the past when I have gotten an email for an upsell I have called and requested  the specific cabin I wanted.  Has something changed ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

That's nice. Wish they'd done that with me. I would have been interested to see what they were offering.

I sent an email to UpgradeOffer@princesscruises.com.

Within a few minutes they replied with a list of available staterooms along with the price to upgrade.  I inquired about mini suites since I want to upgrade from an obstructed balcony which had steel instead of glass.

They asked me to select three staterooms but I was only interested in two particular mini suites and they accommodated my request.

• Like 1

Morning y'all,   

after reading this thread last night, I dashed off an inquiry to Princess about upgrade avail for our 8/15 sailing.  Got a reply by 8:15 this morning, with a list of mini suites avail (I was in an obstructed balc on deck 8 ) the price was $199 pp, which we found acceptable.  there was a list of about 2 dozen rooms avail.  I replied with my 3 choices, and have now been moved to deck 15!   with one of the bigger balconies too!   (less than 60 min from start to finish this morning)  

Thanks for the info y'all.  I'm a happy camper today.  

• Like 4

On 8/2/2021 at 7:13 PM, Syracusefan44 said:

They replied to me with a list of mini suites and we took the same offer to upgrade from an obstructed balcony to a mini suite. It’s our first time in a mini suite!! Thanks again. 

Once you go Mini-suite it's tough to go back down!  🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Once you go Mini-suite it's tough to go back down!  🙂 

Actually we went from a suite back to a regular balcony cabin then to an inside. The last one was 15 days on a transatlantic cruise. I'd rather be sailing on a ship than staying home. The difference in price between an inside and a balcony was a lot more than we were willing to pay on that cruise.

• 5 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, cadburysmom said:

Great info and thank you for providing the upgrade request email info...

Question:  If you booked through a travel agent, do you have to have your travel agent email the request on your behalf or can you email Princess directly?

We just did that for the Sky in the Caribbean.....our travel agent negotiated on our behalf. We are happy with the outcome

After COVID, we’ll never book an inside again.  Can’t imagine being stuck without outdoor space.

On 8/4/2021 at 5:43 PM, geoherb said:

Actually we went from a suite back to a regular balcony cabin then to an inside. The last one was 15 days on a transatlantic cruise. I'd rather be sailing on a ship than staying home. The difference in price between an inside and a balcony was a lot more than we were willing to pay on that cruise.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone please give me the email address to write to regarding an upgrade or upsell.  I am now in a club mini and like those, but this is a special cruise for me.  I am taking my son because I lost my husband the latter part of 2019.  This will be the first cruise I've taken since he passed.

I really appreciate getting the email address.  Hopefully I'll get lucky.😊

25 minutes ago, lakemurraykid said:

Could someone please give me the email address to write to regarding an upgrade or upsell.  I am now in a club mini and like those, but this is a special cruise for me.  I am taking my son because I lost my husband the latter part of 2019.  This will be the first cruise I've taken since he passed.

On 8/4/2021 at 9:20 AM, Syracusefan44 said:

I sent an email to UpgradeOffer@princesscruises.com

Doesn't hurt to ask but it really depends on space available and whether they think they could sell the higher category stateroom at closer to full price by final payment date.  Good luck 

30 minutes ago, lakemurraykid said:

Review previous posts in this thread to find that email address.