August 8th allure

Just got email from rccl saying st kitts is cancelled replaced with st marteen and also that st thomas(another stop) requires everyone on board to be vaccinated over age of 12 in order to stop in port. Email goes on to say 12 and older need to be vaccinated on day of boarding and to call rccl to rebook if it affects your reservation. It now appears everyone over 12 has to be vaccinated to board sunday. Not 100% sure but thats how it reads. We are all vaccinated but im sure this affects several cruisers.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 1

Gotcha.  Itineraries and protocols are subject to change during this crazy time.  I'm glad they gave as much heads up as they could and an option to reschedule or get your money back.

Are you going to sail despite the change?

Edited by soremekun

Our Allure 8/8 sailing just got notification that due to St. Thomas' new regulations, everyone 12+ must be vaccinated to board this Sunday. At least that's how it appears to read to me, what do you think? I wonder how many unvaccinated adults were planning to cruise?

Screenshot_20210802-170703_Gmail.jpg

• Like 1

It took one of the islands long enough.  This is basically what Royal needed to be able to require vaccines without violating the law.  Now if one of the western island would do the same.

Edited by mauraoel
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Majorleague said:

I am thinking this could put the ship over the 95% vaxed limit. Can we go maskless inside now?

1 minute ago, g8rchick said:

I HOPE SO!!!!!!

I don't think that is how it works but it would be nice if it did.  Basically they did the test  cruises so they have to comply with the rules for a ship that did test cruises.

40 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Gotcha.  Itineraries and protocols are subject to change during this crazy time.  I'm glad they gave as much heads up as they could and an option to reschedule or get your money back.

Are you going to sail despite the change?

We are still going. Just waiting for the next foot to drop. Lol,im sure this isnt the end

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

We are still going. Just waiting for the next foot to drop. Lol,im sure this isnt the end

You and me both.  We are still 12 days away from sailing, but I am sure there will be 5 or 6 changes before that day.  I hope we both end up with outcomes we are happy with.

• Like 2

We are on the August 8th sailing, fully vaccinated,  and hope that everyone will stay well, get their required tests, and board the ship with hearts and minds full of joy that we are once again able to cruise with whatever protocols Royal is asking each of us to follow. Safe travels to all.
Joanmarie

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, kalajori said:

We are on the August 8th sailing, fully vaccinated,  and hope that everyone will stay well, get their required tests, and board the ship with hearts and minds full of joy that we are once again able to cruise with whatever protocols Royal is asking each of us to follow. Safe travels to all.
Joanmarie

Yes,still excited. I truly believe we will set sail. It will just be a long week getting to that point. We will though

• Like 1

We are on this cruise.  We will gladly replace St Kitts with St. Maarten!  We are celebrating my wife’s BD and booked a loft for the first time.  We are keeping our fingers crossed this week.  We were on Celebrity Summit out of St. Maarten July 17…had a blast!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FTD said:

We are on this cruise.  We will gladly replace St Kitts with St. Maarten!  We are celebrating my wife’s BD and booked a loft for the first time.  We are keeping our fingers crossed this week.  We were on Celebrity Summit out of St. Maarten July 17…had a blast!!

Hi. When you were on Celebrity you had to test in St Maarten? Do you think there will be something like that for us to get off the ship there? Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, Majorleague said:

Hi. When you were on Celebrity you had to test in St Maarten? Do you think there will be something like that for us to get off the ship there? Thanks. 

I believe he embarked out of st marteen if im reading right?

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

So does this mean if anyone over 12 on ship is unvaccinated, thatvthe ship will be turned away?

Thats the email we got. You will be unable to board allure at port canaveral if you are not vax and over 12. Under 12 unvax is ok

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Will be interesting to see if the state of FL has an issue with this.

They won't do anything as they probably can't keep up with all the changes and requirements themselves and especially with this one being so quick. 

4 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

They won't do anything as they probably can't keep up with all the changes and requirements themselves and especially with this one being so quick. 

You are assuming this only applies to Aug 8th and that Royal intends to remove USVI ports from future sailings outside of FL. We have yet to see if that is the case.

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

You are assuming this only applies to Aug 8th and that Royal intends to remove USVI ports from future sailings outside of FL. We have yet to see if that is the case.

I'm not assuming anything ..... we were talking about this thread which is titled August 8th. Down the line maybe but the lines are pretty much getting their way so far except NCL .....

3 hours ago, Majorleague said:

I am thinking this could put the ship over the 95% vaxed limit. Can we go maskless inside now?

Doubtful. For one the ships outside of Florida have that rule (12+ vax only)  and Royal isn't counting on hitting 95% so all those ships have masks inside. Plus the CSO has Allure approved as a under 95% ship and rules regarding that. As far as I know the CDC isn't letting ships switch between rules/approvals. Either the ship is 95%+ or it's not and Allure is not.