Oasis just days away from pulling up anchor

I have been chatting with an employee that my wife and I have become friends with over the years of sailing that is currently on Symphony.  He knows we are sailing September 19 on Oasis.  His best friend is on Oasis and they are pretty much ready to go.  Over the past several weeks they have been shuffling crew members back and forth on tenders on the ships anchored in the area for training and vaccination purposes. As of now they are planning on heading north for the test cruise on the 22nd and expecting a cruise certificate by the CDC to except paying clients on August 30th.  We have not asked if they know any details about capacity, protocols, vaccinations...but may do so in the next couple days.

The good news as of today is that it looks like Oasis is a go for Bayonne starting September 5th.  Fingers crossed and we can now get excited to watch for movement of Oasis heading North.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

I have been chatting with an employee that my wife and I have become friends with over the years of sailing that is currently on Symphony.  He knows we are sailing September 19 on Oasis.  His best friend is on Oasis and they are pretty much ready to go.  Over the past several weeks they have been shuffling crew members back and forth on tenders on the ships anchored in the area for training and vaccination purposes. As of now they are planning on heading north for the test cruise on the 22nd and expecting a cruise certificate by the CDC to except paying clients on August 30th.  We have not asked if they know any details about capacity, protocols, vaccinations...but may do so in the next couple days.

The good news as of today is that it looks like Oasis is a go for Bayonne starting September 5th.  Fingers crossed and we can now get excited to watch for movement of Oasis heading North.

I'm on the Sept. 5 sail and it'll be  a miracle especially with the constant changing protocols. eg. C-19 test requirements.  If it's a go, wonder when they will open up check-in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Pretty sure the “Simulated” in the second column means that the ship has passed her test cruise. 

Nope; the column is for the type of voyage - "Current Voyage Type". The Green is for the Ship Status.

Look at some of the other "Current Voyage Type" entries.

Crew Only (approved for simulated)
Crew Only (approved for restricted)

Crew Only

Restricted

Simulated

Edited by dswallow

3 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Look at some of the other "Current Voyage Type" entries.

How do you explain Symphony? I've been tracking that site fairly regularly and the ships usually follow the pattern of Approved for simulated, Simulated and then Restricted.

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

How do you explain Symphony? I've been tracking that site fairly regularly and the ships usually follow the pattern of Approved for simulated, Simulated and then Restricted.

Test cruise is in the 22nd and they anticipate certification for passengers on the 30th. That’s a couple days after test cruise is completed.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm on Oasis 9.26 sailing and really hope it sails as planned as we have a beautiful hump balcony on deck 9.  

We’ll be right below you on the hump deck 8! I’m super excited to sail! I’m pretty confident that we’ll be going just have no idea of the protocols by then. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I explain much of things there as being old information, too.

This table is updated several times a week, as needed. Last updated August 2, 2021 with EDC data submitted July 30, 2021.

6 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Test cruise is in the 22nd and they anticipate certification for passengers on the 30th. That’s a couple days after test cruise is completed.

I've mentioned this already in the CDC grading thread which deals with this (ship color status) in particular - the CDC obviously jumped the gun listing Oasis that way or RCI is giving them bogus info. While the CDC updates the info on that site daily now, it doesn't mean the info reflects reality.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I explain much of things there as being old information, too.

This table is updated several times a week, as needed. Last updated August 2, 2021 with EDC data submitted July 30, 2021.

See post above - maybe it was not obvious that my first post about this was sarcastic - the info on that site is both delayed and sometime inaccurate, most likely because of data provided by RCI.

Nevertheless, the pattern has mostly held that the ship listing in the second column progresses as I listed with Simulated coming just before getting the Restricted listing during which the ships sail with paying passengers. That Simulated listing is typically quite short (maybe a few days) since the ships have their paying cruises fairly soon after the test cruise is completed. I don't think Freedom ever had a Simulated listing, went straight from Approved for Simulated to Restricted.

A probably more accurate statement about the Simulated listing is that the ship is in the middle of or just completed the test cruise, but has not yet passed and received its sailing certificate (indicated by Restricted).

Biker, who wonders how long before an "Unrestricted" listing will be offered.

Edited by Biker19

43 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Good indication Oasis will be sailing in September. We got an itinerary update this morning saying we will sail at 6:00pm instead of 4:00 to allow for CDC protocols to be implemented.

I got the same email and our sail date is October 10th

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

I still wanna see that big thing get under the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge.  I still say ain't no way she gonna make it !    lol

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

I guess they will have to tender us all out.😀

They will bus you to the Verrazano Narrows bridge.  The ship will be positioned with the pool below.  Better brush up on your diving skills.  😉 

For the non swimmers, you will climb a ladder down to the helipad.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Haha 2