All Foreign Nationals coming into the United States will have to be fully vaccinated.

Robjame

Not an unexpected development, but hopefully one that will lead to expedited discussions between US officials and their counterparts in Canada and several other allied countries where mixed vaccinations were approved. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Not an unexpected development, but hopefully one that will lead to expedited discussions between US officials and their counterparts in Canada and several other allied countries where mixed vaccinations were approved. 

🤞 

• Like 2

That is great news!  Opening the borders to fully vaccinated travellers....that is what Europe is essentially doing.  Only fully vaccinated Americans can travel to the UK.  If the US lifted the travel ban on anyone that has travelled thru a Schengen country (if they are vaccinated) it would definitely be great for folks travelling from Europe to catch a cruise!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

The issue is what will the US accept as vaccinated, which we all know by now it has to be matchy-matchy.

This is either going to go one of 3 ways:

1. Biden agrees to accept our time frame and mixed vaccinates as vaccinated;

2. Biden doesn't agree and government has to offer those of us who want to travel a third shot of whatever our second shot was; or

3. Biden doesn't agree and JT won't give us a third shot.

Notes on the above.  I don't think Biden can decide what the CDC will and will not accept so that may still mean we can't cruise until the CSO expires (the day after I'm "supposed" to get off a ship).  I also can't see number 3 happening.  There an election coming and millions of people with mixed vaccines and astrazenca.  Anyone that can't travel because of government's decisions won't vote for him.

I hate to see politics come into play but I'm afraid that is exactly what is happening and I can't decide if that's good for us "mixers" or not...

1 hour ago, 3Shelaghs said:

I wonder if the 42 day between doses is still in the mix?? So a third shot would never meet that criteria???

There is way more to all this then meets the eye....................

I didn't think there was a timeline for match doses.

I know I have read the following from Royal's website policy, but that only applies to mixing and not sure if the CDC has the same on their website:

Royal Caribbean will accommodate guests who are vaccinated with mixed mRNA vaccines, such as 1 shot of Pfizer and 1 shot of Moderna. The doses must be separated by at least 28 days and not more than 42 days.

1 hour ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

I didn't think there was a timeline for match doses.

I know I have read the following from Royal's website policy, but that only applies to mixing and not sure if the CDC has the same on their website:

Royal Caribbean will accommodate guests who are vaccinated with mixed mRNA vaccines, such as 1 shot of Pfizer and 1 shot of Moderna. The doses must be separated by at least 28 days and not more than 42 days.

CDC Website:

The second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible, but not earlier than recommended (i.e., 3 weeks [Pfizer-BioNTech] or 1 month [Moderna]). However, individuals who receive the second dose up to 4 days before or at any time after the recommended date can be considered fully vaccinated.

In exceptional situations in which the mRNA vaccine product given for the first dose cannot be determined or is no longer available, any available mRNA COVID-19 vaccine may be administered at a minimum interval of 28 days between doses to complete the mRNA COVID-19 vaccination series. In situations where the same mRNA vaccine product is temporarily unavailable, it is preferable to delay the second dose (up to 6 weeks) to receive the same product than to receive a mixed series using a different product. If two doses of different mRNA COVID-19 vaccine products are administered in these situations (or inadvertently), no additional doses of either product are recommended at this time. Such persons are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after receipt of the second dose of an mRNA vaccine.

COVID-19 vaccines not authorized by FDA but listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO)2

• People who have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that is listed for emergency use by WHO do not need any additional doses with an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine.

What about this paragraph:

The second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines should be administered as close to the recommended interval as possible, but not earlier than recommended (i.e., 3 weeks [Pfizer-BioNTech] or 1 month [Moderna]). However, individuals who receive the second dose up to 4 days before or at any time after the recommended date can be considered fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

What about this paragraph:

I think it is clear that what cruiselines are posting is not 100% in line with what the current CDC website says.

It is frustrating when the cruiselines are saying "The CDC says..." but then when we actually go and read the CDC website it says something different.

You know the old saying ....”bs baffles brains”.... all these cruise lines statement are uber confusing to the point of hilarity. I wonder if they really read their statements or have them proof read before they hit.......return. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

This is either going to go one of 3 ways:

1. Biden agrees to accept our time frame and mixed vaccinates as vaccinated;

2. Biden doesn't agree and government has to offer those of us who want to travel a third shot of whatever our second shot was; or

3. Biden doesn't agree and JT won't give us a third shot.

Notes on the above.  I don't think Biden can decide what the CDC will and will not accept so that may still mean we can't cruise until the CSO expires (the day after I'm "supposed" to get off a ship).  I also can't see number 3 happening.  There an election coming and millions of people with mixed vaccines and astrazenca.  Anyone that can't travel because of government's decisions won't vote for him.

I hate to see politics come into play but I'm afraid that is exactly what is happening and I can't decide if that's good for us "mixers" or not...

"There an election coming and millions of people with mixed vaccines and AstraZeneca." 

The last number I saw was 1.3 million Canadians received the mixed AstraZeneca doses. So it's a million people (we round down with 1.3)  not millions.

"Anyone that can't travel because of government's decisions won't vote for him."

Some or possibly many people who can't travel ..... won't vote for him, but certainly not 100% of the people who can't travel. Just think about it, if someone was a die hard Liberal supporter who couldn't travel due to mixed doses, would they actually vote for the NDP or the Conservatives or the Greens, over this one very narrow issue? Not very many and certainly nowhere near 100% of them. 

Even if the U.S. does not initially recognise mixed vaccinations as fully vaccinated, there will be lots of lobbying pressure from the U.S. Travel industry and from the Congress by representatives from States that have large tourism industries. That would be very interesting political theatre to watch and it would take our minds off the rumoured Fall election up here. 

Edited by DirtyDawg

6 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

"There an election coming and millions of people with mixed vaccines and AstraZeneca." 

The last number I saw was 1.3 million Canadians received the mixed AstraZeneca doses. So it's a million people (we round down with 1.3)  not millions.

"Anyone that can't travel because of government's decisions won't vote for him."

Some or possibly many people who can't travel ..... won't vote for him, but certainly not 100% of the people who can't travel. Just think about it, if someone was a die hard Liberal supporter who couldn't travel due to mixed doses, would they actually vote for the NDP or the Conservatives or the Greens, over this one very narrow issue? Not very many and certainly nowhere near 100% of them. 

Even if the U.S. does not initially recognise mixed vaccinations as fully vaccinated, there will be lots of lobbying pressure from the U.S. Travel industry and from the Congress by representatives from States that have large tourism industries. That would be very interesting political theatre to watch and it would take our minds off the rumoured Fall election up here. 

Those numbers were last tallied on July 6 from my research but you are correct it's 1.3M and not "millions".  Excuse my "s" on the end.  Has the number changed since?  Hopefully not.  I would hate for even more people to be in a situation like my family.

I tend to vote liberal.  Will this factor into my vote if not fixed?  Sure will.  But I'm only one vote.

I also agree the border will probably open and we won't be recognized as vaccinated at first.  Doubtful for my October cruise but I'm hopeful by my March cruise.

My opinions are my opinions and I'm not going to squabble with a fellow Canadian.  The situation already sucks enough.  And opinions are what make the world interesting. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaddyandMax said:

Those numbers were last tallied on July 6 from my research but you are correct it's 1.3M and not "millions".  Excuse my "s" on the end.  Has the number changed since?  Hopefully not.  I would hate for even more people to be in a situation like my family.

I tend to vote liberal.  Will this factor into my vote if not fixed?  Sure will.  But I'm only one vote.

I also agree the border will probably open and we won't be recognized as vaccinated at first.  Doubtful for my October cruise but I'm hopeful by my March cruise.

My opinions are my opinions and I'm not going to squabble with a fellow Canadian.  The situation already sucks enough.  And opinions are what make the world interesting. 🙂

I will be another liberal that will change my vote.   So now there are two.... 🙂

I would guess there will be more than the two of us that feel that way.

3 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

I hope this gets cleared up ASAP so you can go on both cruises. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

That figure was from June 30/21.  As of July 31/21, the Government of Canada website lists the number of people who got mixed doses as  3,713,729.  That's 9.77% of all individuals who were fully vaccinated.   https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/#a6

Edited by lots-of-km2
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, MaddyandMax said:

It truly baffles me that someone would vote against a decision made to protect and ultimately save as many Canadian residents as possible just because it wouldn't let them vacation in some international settings for the next few months.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, broberts said:

It truly baffles me that someone would vote against a decision made to protect and ultimately save as many Canadian residents as possible

In a universal healthcare system, decisions are made for the good of the whole, not necessarily for the good of each individual. In Canada we have long known that we must make those decisions ourselves.

The decision to push AZ and to mix and match, were made due to supply issues in Canada. Many countries did not make these same decisions due to insufficient testing of these regimes (still no long term studies completed). As many of us seniors were already sheltering in place, had we had sufficient “health” information we might have waited (less than a month in Ontario).
Were you told by the Government that AZ + AZ was 70% efficacy compared to 95% efficacy for the mRNA vaccines? that many countries were not doing this? that studies were not complete?
Instead the advertising campaign was this was better than nothing. 

So my complaints with the federal government have to do with the inadequate procurement of the vaccine which necessitated these decisions. Along with this was the ill-advised backing of the Chinese vaccine (see Dalhousie project) and the use of the untested India AZ vaccine.

Given all the information, individuals might have made different decisions for ourselves. Yes Canada is doing well in total vaccines given.

These are my thoughts in answer to your point why l will change my vote.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lots-of-km2 said:

That figure was from June 30/21.  As of July 31/21, the Government of Canada website lists the number of people who got mixed doses as  3,713,729.  That's 9.77% of all individuals who were fully vaccinated.   https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/vaccination-coverage/#a6

Thanks for the update.

My apologies to @MaddyandMax. It is in fact millions.