UDP Price 7 nights Oasis class ship

• molly361 changed the title to UDP Price 7 nights Oasis class ship

I got it for $179 on a few O class cruises but that was many months ago.  I think $196 is pretty much the "sale" price these days.  Once you move into 2022 it is the new "My Royal Cruise" which adds the gratuity to the UDP but it's still basically the same price as the old Cruise Planner, which already included the gratuity.  I just prefer to have the final price up front, but I'm sure all of them will soon be using My Royal Cruise.  Just a matter of time...

• Thanks 1

It list 196 but it adds 18% for grats at check out.  

179 total was good earlier but 196 was most recently before they added the 18%.

Edited by later

4 minutes ago, later said:

It list 196 but it adds 18% for grats at check out.  

179 total was good earlier but 196 was most recently before they added the 18%.

It did not add 18% to my booking for October 2021

1 hour ago, RFerrington said:

I think the new system begins in 2022.  I don't think the add-on gratuity applies to any of the 2021 bookings.

My November Mariner cruises add the tips right now.

Note that the Mariner is already on the updated website format though.  So I Iwould guess when a ship goes to this format it may add the gratuities.

MyJanuary 2022 Harmony cruises (3) do not have the added gratuities.

I also checked one of my many oasis class sailings and one of them had added the grats but today it doesn’t. So who knows what they are up to.

Edited by later
  • Like 1

I have purchased the UDP on 9 various 2022 cruises and have not had the gratuities added on any of them.  Still have one or two more to go though so maybe I better hurry up and buy them!  😀

• Like 2

Oasis November 2021 - $179 was the sale price we paid per person and that was before the jump in price a few months ago. Gratuity included in the price.

Harmony June 2022 - $166.99 per adult and $69.99 per child (sale prices). 18% gratuity was added at checkout.

The child price is interesting for the Harmony sailing as we have never seen any differentiation. We also have an Allure sailing in March 2022 that is the same price for all ages. Harmony is on the new cruise planner platform, while Allure is not.

• Like 1

My Sept. Oasis sailing has UDP for $196, no additional tip charge at checkout

My Feb and March cruises using My Royal cruise system have UDP for $166.99 then when you add item to cart then it calculates the 18% tip and the total is then $197 pp

Looks like the same goes for the DBP for the couple of 2022 sailings I viewed.