Grand suite- drinks

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I just saw someone mention on FB that Grand Suites might include room service free alcoholic drinks, if you have the drinky package.  Can someone confirm if this is true?

No room service for the drink package

in suites.

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I just saw someone mention on FB that Grand Suites might include room service free alcoholic drinks, if you have the drinky package.  Can someone confirm if this is true?

Free room service, but no drinks , only free drinks is in suite lounge happy hour which is approximately from 5 to 8:30 , grand suites are really nice , that’s what we normally book.

• Like 1

No cost drinks in the suite lounge afternoons - but if you have the booze package - they are at no additional cost already.

No free room service - doesn’t RCL offer drinks via room service though - just charges regular price and like a $10 service fee. 

To me - if your paying for a suite - they should offer a free bar set up complete with mixers - but they don’t and probably won’t in the near future. I mean whats a pint of rum/vodka and whiskey/scotch cost them versus the markup on those rooms - and a 6 pack of soda. 

• Like 3

We are diamond plus and staying in a grand suite on Oasis this October.  Does this mean I will have 4 vouchers and free drinks from 5-8?  Thank you in advance to any information.  I appreciate it.

Edited by KLMB

That was not my understanding.  Diamond plus get 5 vouchers a day to use wherever and whenever they choose and that's it.  Wether it be in the Suite Lounge or in any bar on the ship.  I could be wrong; but that's the way I have been reading everything.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

Weather it be in the Suite Lounge or in any bar on the ship.

A first time cruiser would get free drinks during happy hour in the SL if staying in a GS - a D+ should not need to use any of the 5 vouchers in the SL, except, maybe, if they want something not available in the SL.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

That was not my understanding.  Diamond plus get 5 vouchers a day to use wherever and whenever they choose and that's it.  Wether it be in the Suite Lounge or in any bar on the ship.  I could be wrong; but that's the way I have been reading everything.

Suite lounge is still free ("included") drinks. It's the diamond lounge where you'd have to use your vouchers to get a drink.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

I read same thing it was all day for diamond plus, even though we are diamond plus and in suite we will get drink package, since vouchers are limited to what happy hour has and would not include good wine which we like. Although it is tempting to ditch the drink package.

10 minutes ago, George C said:

I read same thing it was all day for diamond plus, even though we are diamond plus and in suite we will get drink package, since vouchers are limited to what happy hour has and would not include good wine which we like. Although it is tempting to ditch the drink package.

You can use your Diamond Plus vouchers at any bar/restaurant to order any drink under $13 on their menu.  You are not limited to the old Diamond Happy Hour drink list.  I do believe the SL is still serving unlimited drinks during evening Happy Hour from the limited menu (i.e. NOT the good wines), however.

• Like 2

As mentioned above, D+ gets 5 drinks any time of day.  You choose what you want under $13.  I have heard you can also pay the up charge above 13 but that may vary from ship to ship.  If you are in a suite you can go to the lounge and get drinks too.  

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 4:42 PM, forgotmyCCname said:

I don't know what ship you are in , but on the Oasis and above classes the suite lounge has sofa, beer and a selection of wine as well as water "cans" from approx 11am- 11pm. This is in addition to the happy hour cocktails 

We will be on Odyssey next, then Navigator.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:49 PM, Hoppy2cruise said:

You can use your Diamond Plus vouchers at any bar/restaurant to order any drink under $13 on their menu.  You are not limited to the old Diamond Happy Hour drink list.  I do believe the SL is still serving unlimited drinks during evening Happy Hour from the limited menu (i.e. NOT the good wines), however.

In the suite lounge generally if you ask the bar tender the first night, they will make sure your drink of choice is there the rest of the week (at least anything you'd be able to get with DBP)

On 8/8/2021 at 7:06 PM, Cruzingal#9 said:

They are staying in a grand suite so they do get unlimited free drinks in the suite lounge during happy hour.

they don’t have to use their diamond plus drinks there.

Edited by later