Onboard Allure!!

1 hour ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for all the info, everyone! 

I am still waiting for the information about the FlowRider.  Andrews is not built yet and I am on the Allure in December…..  So, at this point, I hate to be an ingrate, but I am not yet grateful.

jc

43 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am still waiting for the information about the FlowRider.  Andrews is not built yet and I am on the Allure in December…..  So, at this point, I hate to be an ingrate, but I am not yet grateful.

jc

What did you want to know about flowrider on Allure?

Both have new “blue stuff” whatever the thing is under the water.   Last week I saw them both in action.   

Tomorrow is a port day but they have stuff as early as 8am and as late as 6pm.

I don’t flowrider but I could try to find out info if you give me a clue how to find out the answer.   I’m still onboard this week.   

11 hours ago, rcixfan5 said:

What did you want to know about flowrider on Allure?

Both have new “blue stuff” whatever the thing is under the water.   Last week I saw them both in action.   

Tomorrow is a port day but they have stuff as early as 8am and as late as 6pm.

I don’t flowrider but I could try to find out info if you give me a clue how to find out the answer.   I’m still onboard this week.   

So, prior to the shutdown.  Allure was going into Drydock, and the surface of the wave had ballooned up as I am guessing it had stretched out.  Just because it is blue, they repaint it regularly and make it look new, but did they actually replace the surface?

Other than that, what are the procedures on the FlowRider.  Is the line spaced out, masks required, any other changes?  Do they have hours most of the day like pre-covid?

jc

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, prior to the shutdown.  Allure was going into Drydock, and the surface of the wave had ballooned up as I am guessing it had stretched out.  Just because it is blue, they repaint it regularly and make it look new, but did they actually replace the surface?

Other than that, what are the procedures on the FlowRider.  Is the line spaced out, masks required, any other changes?  Do they have hours most of the day like pre-covid?

jc

They paint the surface? No idea how paint sticks to that.

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

jc

I think Allure just got a new unit.

Andrew should look to grab the old one

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They paint the surface? No idea how paint sticks to that.

My second Oasis cruise in 2015, on boarding day we surfed the faded surface, when the session ended a bunch of crew with giant buckets and a FlowRider tech arrived, the next morning it was so slick you couldn’t stand in the gutter if you weren’t really careful.  I was told they painted it.  I assume it is a rubber based paint.  It was night and day different.  

• Thanks 1

I heard something last week from the cruise director about new flowriders.   Here is a picture of the port side one.   The starboard one was in use, nobody wearing masks because outside and using the flow rider is like being in pool no need to wear because mask will get wet.  The line seemed normal but maybe a bit more spaced out seemed like honor system versus enforced.   

A3A192A7-4DB7-49A1-9B18-BC041B05A900.jpeg

D1CF37DA-78DF-4A00-88D9-AC6D5842C8BD.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rcixfan5 said:

I heard something last week from the cruise director about new flowriders.   Here is a picture of the port side one.   The starboard one was in use, nobody wearing masks because outside and using the flow rider is like being in pool no need to wear because mask will get wet.  The line seemed normal but maybe a bit more spaced out seemed like honor system versus enforced.   

A3A192A7-4DB7-49A1-9B18-BC041B05A900.jpeg

D1CF37DA-78DF-4A00-88D9-AC6D5842C8BD.jpeg

Thank you.

It looks like due to the times, that they are using both flowriders for stand-up, and it looks like they are doing 3 hours of advanced on one side in the afternoon.  Which if true is super duper awesome.  Boogie boarding is only for 3 hours on one flowrider.  Which is also interesting.

JC

The above compass was for a port day.

Remember we have 1500 guests on Allure right now.

For Thursday which is a sea day (due to Grace) it has the following in the compass:

Mixed wave 9a-2p

Advanced stand up surfing 2-6p

Boogie boarding 2-6p

• Like 1