Onboard Allure!!

19 hours ago, gonzo1124 said:

I’m on the Allure this week, (Aug. 8th).  Cruise has been great with only 1/3 total passengers. Crew super happy to be back at work and to have us.  St. Maarten and St. Thomas (today), were great.  All we do is beaches anyway.  Mullet Bay in St. Maarten and Megan’s Bay in St. Thomas.  Leaving soon from ST.  
Masks are required everywhere inside the ship.  Also in the islands. If you are traveling with kids under 12 that are unvaccinated, be aware that it could be a different cruise for you as some venues, restaurants, etc. will be off limits if you are with the kids. Only allowed on cruise ship tours if traveling with kids under 12.

What happened to no masks in vaccinated only venues?? 

49 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

What happened to no masks in vaccinated only venues?? 

WE just got our edocs and section 4 is the Covid section, it says all venues will mask unless they tell us different essentially.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

According to the form, they'll hold it until the last of one's B2B series. However, I have seen recommendations that you merely get the liquor attributed to a friend who may be disembarking after the first sailing. For potentially obvious reasons, that's a workaround to the policy.

19 hours ago, rcixfan5 said:

Allure back2back info

First cruise 8/8/2021

Second cruise 8/15/2021

HI  Fellow cruisers.     Can you advise if they moved your items on hangers and  everything else in suitcases. Normally done before but we haven't changed cabins on BTB in a long time.  Nancy & Bob

19 hours ago, rcixfan5 said:

Allure back2back info

First cruise 8/8/2021

Second cruise 8/15/2021

Curious to know what the "wellness check" procedure entails. Is it just re-submitting the same data that you completed the day before your first leg during the online check-in process, or is it an actual examination?

On 8/11/2021 at 4:56 PM, F27TW said:

Agree!   This is the newest food fad thing .. bacon in everything .. in desserts, in cocktails, on donuts, in shakes, etc ..  its about as annoying as the salted-caramel phase was !   And the cauliflower one too!  lol

HAHAHAH salted caramel phase!!! Hahaha I rant about that a lot, I keep joking the only place I can get normal caramel at a restaurant is a sundae from McDonald’s...yum haha

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 1:09 PM, SherriZ366 said:

I can't remember if this has been asked -- what time did they open up the staterooms.  This may be different for our cruise as you had no passengers prior to you 8-8-2021 cruise.  

They told us in the terminal building that rooms were ready, but the ship had been at port more than 24 hours prior to that point.  I think it was unique to the first cruise for the ship.  Not sure what normal timings will be.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Redgem said:

For anyone on the current cruise, did you get your sea pass card when you checked in or was it on your cabin door? 

Thanks in advance,

Chuck

In the envelope things on the doors, just used the set sail pass to board (we printed them out and just used the paper one with the barcode).

But unlike some of the newer ships, Allure still has the doors you have to put the cards in versus just proximity swipe.   (And no wow bands because of that).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rcixfan5 said:

In the envelope things on the doors, just used the set sail pass to board (we printed them out and just used the paper one with the barcode).

But unlike some of the newer ships, Allure still has the doors you have to put the cards in versus just proximity swipe.   (And no wow bands because of that).

Thanks for the info. 

On 8/13/2021 at 12:58 PM, Daghis said:

According to the form, they'll hold it until the last of one's B2B series. However, I have seen recommendations that you merely get the liquor attributed to a friend who may be disembarking after the first sailing. For potentially obvious reasons, that's a workaround to the policy.

Ah, small print.  "Last day of your FINAL sailing'.  Thanks.

49 minutes ago, Diamond Dandy said:

Did Royal supply masks?

On our test, I got two in cabin. But I was solo. You could get one as you entered terminal as well.

I had to ask for one from security when returning from Coco Cay. Laura had mine in her bag and left early. They gave me a crew 😷 

• Like 1

Hoping to understand how long it takes to board from the start of your boarding time including tests? Our boarding time isn’t until 3:30 but from the compass, I saw adventure open reservations closes at 4pm on day 1 😞

We will try to go in early but I also understand they’re really sticking to the time. Any advice?

On 8/14/2021 at 8:36 AM, orville99 said:

Curious to know what the "wellness check" procedure entails. Is it just re-submitting the same data that you completed the day before your first leg during the online check-in process, or is it an actual examination?

All B2B passengers met at 9am at the dining room, they wanted to photograph our vaccination cards (again, they did for the 1st cruise), they asked the questions in the checkin that you answer no about 10 times, then they gave us new seapass cards in sealed envelope.   The process took maybe 3 minutes per cabin or so.   

The issue (which they already know about) was timings were different because of social distancing during debark.  So we sat in the dining room after completing the questions and getting new seapass cards until about 10:15am (which seemed to be dictated by other passengers getting off), then they gathered all the B2B and we went off the ship to the terminal building to walk past the CBP facial machines.   That part was fast and easy.  We walked back on the ship at 10:30 or so.   

But then they took us to dazzles and we sat from about 10:30 until 11:15 when they let us go.   When they let us go they made a statement that they knew the process needed to be improved.   

I think overall they did ok considering they need some of these to happen before they have a new process down in terms of how long everything takes.   It was the very first revenue cruise for them so I certainly have no complaints about it.  I’m sure the zero count thing is something that they don’t control.    

Oh, something I forgot to mention, we got antigen tests done the day before in the confererence center.   So no testing on turnaround day.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Departure info for Allure 8/8 to 8/15 cruise

Port Canaveral

BIG change - you depart the ship DIRECTLY from your stateroom.  Seems like a great change, makes breakfast easier and you can relax in your room until debark.

Seems like earliest boarding (except B2B) will be 12:30pm or so.   

DCC3D23D-228A-4494-AF23-DA942DAF8FB5.jpeg

89F41952-1D21-4D8A-B698-E284646C5214.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Show info for Allure 8/15 to 8/22 cruise.  

Note NO aqua shows, there is a technical problem that they are working on, they said it was due to not using it for the last year plus.   I don’t think they know yet when it will be working again.   

D239C645-284A-4A67-A18B-4056A7B8861A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2