Onboard Allure!!

Thank you for the reply!  I just saw a posting from those on Allure that showed that fully vaccinated passengers are able to freely go ashore in St. Kitts, St. Thomas, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Nassau, Coco Cay, St. Maarten, and Roatan.  I appreciate your reply.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sandie said:

Thank you for the reply!  I just saw a posting from those on Allure that showed that fully vaccinated passengers are able to freely go ashore in St. Kitts, St. Thomas, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Nassau, Coco Cay, St. Maarten, and Roatan.  I appreciate your reply.

Is St. Kitts back on the itinerary?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I was under the impression that suites were at full capacity.

That's what I thought but there would be less people using the SL if Pinnacles were not admitted.  So they may not need a second concierge right now.  Maybe after they let Pinnacles back into the Lounge.  

1 minute ago, SherriZ366 said:

That's what I thought but there would be less people using the SL if Pinnacles were not admitted.  So they may not need a second concierge right now.  Maybe after they let Pinnacles back into the Lounge.  

Or two DL concierges😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

Not sure if you have noted this already but can you explain the mask policy for vaccinated cruisers. Thanks!

Why not better safe then sorry. Might save you from an early trip off the ship to your  way home.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

They just cancelled our ports in Haiti and Jamaica for August 29th cruise on Allure and replaced them with Cozumel and Costa Maya.  Both those ports show mask mandates when visiting them.  I am wondering if that is current or old news? It appeared it was up to date.... If so I wont get off the ship as I have been to both those places alot. It also indicated that alot of shops, restaurants and excursions are not operating at those ports so you are limited to what you can do.  Can anyone confirm this? 

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Royal Up will fix that

So, when I had to book something this year since they wouldn’t L&S my Odyssey sailings that they kept cancelling, I booked the Allure for December, several months ago, there were no suites of any level available and when I checked earlier this week, still none available.

Edited by xpcdoojk

Hi — what a treasure trove of information!  Thank you for sharing your experiences!  We don’t sail until January but I was wondering about formal nights.  RCI info states there are generally 2 formals on a 6 nt. cruise.  How many did you have on the Allure?  And did a good number of people dress formally?  We don’t particularly want to show up in tux and gown if the vast majority are dressed casually! Thanks so much!

8 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, when I had to book something this year since they wouldn’t L&S my Odyssey sailings that they kept cancelling, I booked the Allure for December, several months ago, there were no suites of any level available and when I checked earlier this week, still none available.

We have a grand suite at end of November but for months it shows no suites are available on Allure.

6 minutes ago, dixiejen said:

Hi — what a treasure trove of information!  Thank you for sharing your experiences!  We don’t sail until January but I was wondering about formal nights.  RCI info states there are generally 2 formals on a 6 nt. cruise.  How many did you have on the Allure?  And did a good number of people dress formally?  We don’t particularly want to show up in tux and gown if the vast majority are dressed casually! Thanks so much!

I can’t imagine with reduced capacity that many people will be in a tuxedo or gown.  

I think most people are just happy to be sailing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Thought you didn't book suites anyway?

I can’t imagine with reduced capacity that many people will be in a tuxedo or gown.  

I think most people are just happy to be sailing.

On an earlier thread, many people were looking forward to dressing up after 18 months of pajamas and sweats

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and let us not forget about HOT sauce.  I mean for those of us who do not like it.  

so many cross flavoring in chips, tea, ice cream.  

My mother if she was alive would be amazed at all the choices.   OMG  

Yep!   And Sriracha . . . .thats in everything now too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, shipmate13 said:

They just cancelled our ports in Haiti and Jamaica for August 29th cruise on Allure and replaced them with Cozumel and Costa Maya.  Both those ports show mask mandates when visiting them.  I am wondering if that is current or old news? It appeared it was up to date.... If so I wont get off the ship as I have been to both those places alot. It also indicated that alot of shops, restaurants and excursions are not operating at those ports so you are limited to what you can do.  Can anyone confirm this? 

Old news.  I'm on the 8/15 sailing and we got that notification a few weeks ago.   Don't know about Jamaica, but Haiti probably cancelled because of the civil unrest following the assassination of their president recenly. 

Our cruise as well.  Vaccinated passengers can go ashore and do their own thing, but Mexico says they have mask and distancing mandates in place.  I doubt if that means at the playa pool or beach, but certainly in shops/restaurants.  Didn't mind losing Jamaica but we booked this cruise cuz it had both RCI properties...o well.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Thought you didn't book suites anyway?

Well, with the multiplication factor on cruising I always look.  I actually have a jr suite booked on my 2022 Odyssey TA.  I have booked a few Jr Suites in the past and I usually only paid slightly more than my large balcony cabins I regularly book.  Star class is beyond my comfort factor, much like first class on planes, which I, also don’t book but have occassionally enjoyed.  

• Like 1

Well, with the multiplication factor on cruising I always look.  I actually have a jr suite booked on my 2022 Odyssey TA.  I have booked a few Jr Suites in the past and I usually only paid slightly more than my large balcony cabins I regularly book.  Star class is beyond my comfort factor, much like first class on planes, which I, also don’t book but have occassionally enjoyed.  

We’re also booked in a JS for the Odyssey TA in April.