Boarding Times by Deck

amajaa

A few years ago, just after Britannia started sailing,  someone posted a list of boarding times by deck for each ship. We used it to check what boarding times we would get and it was correct.

It might have all changed now but would be good to perhaps try and work out the times for Iona and Britannia now.  

So thought it might be an idea for anyone that has sailed to post their deck number and their times to see if we can link it all up. TIA

• Like 2

So on the previous list for Britannia the times were between 13.00 and 15.30 so unless they have brought all the times forward by an hour to allow for testing I guess they have changed them. Be interesting to see.

Before they were

L  16.  13.30 hrs

A 15.   15.30 hrs

B 14.   13.30 hrs

C 12.   15.30 hrs

D 11.   15.00 hrs

E 10.   14.40 hrs

F 9.      15.00 hrs

G 8.     13.00 hrs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, amajaa said:

So on the previous list for Britannia the times were between 13.00 and 15.30 so unless they have brought all the times forward by an hour to allow for testing I guess they have changed them. Be interesting to see.

Before they were

L  16.  13.30 hrs

A 15.   15.30 hrs

B 14.   13.30 hrs

C 12.   15.30 hrs

D 11.   15.00 hrs

E 10.   14.40 hrs

F 9.      15.00 hrs

G 8.     13.00 hrs

Many thanks 

4 minutes ago, rumbalizw said:

Yes I tired looking for that . Can you let me know if you find it please

I found the list printed out from July 2017, but I think it is out of date.

It hasn’t got a proper web page address on it. I did try taking a photo but couldn’t get a clear one without getting my reflection on the page 😂you really don’t want to see my face reflected on it. 

I am on Britannia this Thursday and have a 12:30 check in time. I am on deck 16 (L). So looking at the list above that fits with the idea they have moved the times forward by an hour. 

• Like 1

We are on G deck and have a boarding time of 12.45. Booked parking with CPS so I understand 12.45 is the time to arrive there and not at the ship. Is that right? Is there a lot of standing in queues?  I have mobility issues and would find it very difficult to stand for any length of time. I’ve emailed to ask for a wheelchair in the terminal but await an answer. Phoning is out of the question. 

If you take a fly cruise your boarding time will be linked to your flight's arrival time. If you take a no fly cruise from Southampton and use P&Os coach service it will link in with the expected arrival time of your coach; coach drivers are given the latter and are expected to adhere to it wherever possible.

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

If you take a fly cruise your boarding time will be linked to your flight's arrival time. If you take a no fly cruise from Southampton and use P&Os coach service it will link in with the expected arrival time of your coach; coach drivers are given the latter and are expected to adhere to it wherever possible.

Yes I know but the boarding times list that someone did 4 years ago was for people arriving independently to Southampton.

4 minutes ago, sagaris said:

We were on deck 10, 5th Aug and our boarding time was 13.15.

Was that Iona or Britannia?

5 hours ago, sandancer said:

We are on G deck and have a boarding time of 12.45. Booked parking with CPS so I understand 12.45 is the time to arrive there and not at the ship. Is that right? Is there a lot of standing in queues?  I have mobility issues and would find it very difficult to stand for any length of time. I’ve emailed to ask for a wheelchair in the terminal but await an answer. Phoning is out of the question. 

So you'll have your covid test in your car, drive straight off to terminal,and results arrive about 30 minutes later ,usually while you're handing car over to CPS . Not any standing around in terminal thereafter. 

On 8/9/2021 at 10:56 PM, rumbalizw said:

So you'll have your covid test in your car, drive straight off to terminal,and results arrive about 30 minutes later ,usually while you're handing car over to CPS . Not any standing around in terminal thereafter. 

You will need to satnd at the check in desk, have your boarding card ready. And also for the security queue, but you can sit until you are called

On 8/9/2021 at 5:27 PM, sandancer said:

Best get a wheelchair because the last time i went they had one of those stupid pictures with your head cut out like you see at seaside and take your pic and expect everybody to queue so they can ask you if you want one or not.

I cut through the lane tapes because i am disabled and one of the Photographic staff shouted to me i was not allowed to cut through Security which i informed them it had Nothing to do with security only trying to sell me a photo i don't want.

I have tried to get a wheelchair but it’s impossible to speak to anyone and my emails have not been answered. Although I am not disabled I am waiting for a total knee replacement and find standing in one place for any length of time a bit of a problem. I also walk very slowly and I can see the people behind me getting irritated. Do you know if it is possible to get a wheelchair in the terminal without booking it in advance?

As for the photos, we’ve given up and just let them take them. We NEVER buy them so they are just wasting their time on us. 

• Like 2

Iona Deck 14 board at 3.30 so expect to baorb by 5.30, far too late to book Sindhu that night-( it's our wedding anniversary) on the app as it will be full by then. Sigh - first world problems!

Just a thought, are they boarding by muster station? 

17 hours ago, sandancer said:

I have tried to get a wheelchair but it’s impossible to speak to anyone and my emails have not been answered. Although I am not disabled I am waiting for a total knee replacement and find standing in one place for any length of time a bit of a problem. I also walk very slowly and I can see the people behind me getting irritated. Do you know if it is possible to get a wheelchair in the terminal without booking it in advance?

As for the photos, we’ve given up and just let them take them. We NEVER buy them so they are just wasting their time on us. 

Forgive me for not reading back through the thread, have you submitted an assessability form? This covers assistance boarding, hope this link works.

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/medical-and-health-2021/april-2021-update/PO Questionnaire Jan 2021 Final editable.pdf