Boarding Times by Deck

amajaa

3 hours ago, amajaa said:

Oh well, that’s a shame the last 2 posters, both deck 9 on Iona and not the same times.

So obviously they aren’t doing what they used to do and stick to same time boarding decks per ship for every cruise.

One may be in a conservatory suite with priority boarding, the other not…  

It could also vary according to where the cabin is? Iona is a looong ship, or your Peninsular. I had a 12 noon boarding time for a midship deluxe on deck 9 and was surprised that there was a 11.45 category.

wonder what the time will be next time, deck 16

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It could also vary according to where the cabin is? Iona is a looong ship, or your Peninsular. I had a 12 noon boarding time for a midship deluxe on deck 9 and was surprised that there was a 11.45 category.

wonder what the time will be next time, deck 16

We've got 11:45 boarding on the 18th Sep, deck 9 Conservatory Mini Suite....  Travelling with another couple who are on deck 17, think we'll board on foot and meet them on the ship!!!! 😂

We are 3.30 on  18/9. It’s so late,  probably be nearer to 6pm  by the time all the testing etc is done going by previous weeks. I had a nice lunch in mind and booking speciality dining but looks not to be  ! This is deck 5. 

Edited by smilesonfaces

2 hours ago, TravelMadBrits said:

Does anyone know when the walk in test centre opens please? 

Iona this Sat deck 9 11.45am boarding ~ conservatory mini suite. 

thanks

11.45 when the first boarding group are called forward from the lengthening queue. People are still arriving far too early for their slot.

Arrive at the terminal and drop off your luggage, note the drop of points are by deck, there are not very prominent signs, when i was there people were mobbing the point closest to the terminal. Then join the queue for testing. The testing is done in the luggage hall after which you proceed to the terminal and up the escalator and are directed to seating while waiting for your test result text.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

11.45 when the first boarding group are called forward from the lengthening queue. People are still arriving far too early for their slot.

Arrive at the terminal and drop off your luggage, note the drop of points are by deck, there are not very prominent signs, when i was there people were mobbing the point closest to the terminal. Then join the queue for testing. The testing is done in the luggage hall after which you proceed to the terminal and up the escalator and are directed to seating while waiting for your test result text.

Thanks Dave.  Very handy to read a bit more about how it all works.

10 hours ago, davecttr said:

That’s great, many thanks for your help. 

12 hours ago, davecttr said:

So you get called out of line for testing by your boarding time, what a shame for the idiots who think the times are clearly not for them and they can board when they like.

Gan canny

Dai

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I'm bringing this thread back to page one to check on boarding times for all the ships to see if they still correspond to the list of boarding times per ship per deck from before Covid.

( I don't suppose anyone has a link to the list, I only have a very blurred paper copy. ) 

Edited by amajaa
Typo

6 hours ago, amajaa said:

I'm bringing this thread back to page one to check on boarding times for all the ships to see if they still correspond to the list of boarding times per ship per deck from before Covid.

( I don't suppose anyone has a link to the list, I only have a very blurred paper copy. ) 

Who cares really?!

18 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Who cares really?!

Rude .

Well a lot of people do , the list used to be used by many who wanted to know boarding times before they book. Someone wouldn't have gone to the trouble of sorting out the list if people weren't interested.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2021 at 10:56 AM, davecttr said:

Then join the queue for testing. The testing is done in the luggage hall after which you proceed to the terminal and up the escalator and are directed to seating while waiting for your test result text.

So, your get tested and then join the 100's waiting in the terminal, which is not big enough to allow 2M distancing....then you test positive!!!. What then happens to the people surrounding you, are they bumped off too???

23 hours ago, CRUISENSNOOZE said:

So, your get tested and then join the 100's waiting in the terminal, which is not big enough to allow 2M distancing....then you test positive!!!. What then happens to the people surrounding you, are they bumped off too???

Good question! They may already have gone onto ship and P&O would not know. That is why we all have to wear masks in terminal.

• Like 1