Boarding Times by Deck

amajaa

Thanks. I did look at the form but most of it is not applicable as I really only need a wheelchair to get on and off if there are long periods of standing or if there is a long walk from the check in area to the boarding entrance. I’m hoping there will be wheelchairs inside the terminal. On a recent Marella cruise there was a long walk from check in to the ship (Newcastle) and a nice young lady saw me and insisted on taking me in a wheelchair. I’m not finding this mobility issue easy but until I have the op I’m stuck with it. Now some people might wonder why I’m going and the answer is, if I have to sit on the balcony all day and just manage to get to dinner and see a show it’s enough. I’ll be at sea!! 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, sandancer said:

I have tried to get a wheelchair but it’s impossible to speak to anyone and my emails have not been answered. Although I am not disabled I am waiting for a total knee replacement and find standing in one place for any length of time a bit of a problem. I also walk very slowly and I can see the people behind me getting irritated. Do you know if it is possible to get a wheelchair in the terminal without booking it in advance?

As for the photos, we’ve given up and just let them take them. We NEVER buy them so they are just wasting their time on us. 

Did you use this emnail

accessibility@carnivalukgroup.com

I have always seen helpers with wheelchairs at embarkation and I'm sure someone will help.

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, amajaa said:

Has anyone got any more times and deck numbers ( plus which ship please) so we can see if any pattern forming. 

Britannia, deck 11, boarding time 2pm. We arranged CPS parking, arrived at Covid-19 test centre 1.15pm, tested around 1.30 result received 2pm and in our cabin 2.30....the whole process was seamless, and impressive,

12 hours ago, hamrag said:

Britannia, deck 11, boarding time 2pm. We arranged CPS parking, arrived at Covid-19 test centre 1.15pm, tested around 1.30 result received 2pm and in our cabin 2.30....the whole process was seamless, and impressive,

How did you get on booking Theatre Shows and MDR as I am very concerned all the early boarders will bag all the theatre shows for the whole cruise before we even board. Also MDR, I need to eat early as can’t eat late due to medical reasons. Would absolutely hate to eat in the buffet every night. 

25 minutes ago, amajaa said:

How did you get on booking Theatre Shows and MDR as I am very concerned all the early boarders will bag all the theatre shows for the whole cruise before we even board. Also MDR, I need to eat early as can’t eat late due to medical reasons. Would absolutely hate to eat in the buffet every night. 

You can book theatre shows on your cruise personaliser before you go. When we were on Britannia at the beginning of August the MDRs didn't get busy until about 7pm, also you can book early dinner - 6pm from the app, or do as we did and just go down around 6ish or as soon as the MDR opens there was no queue. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We booked theatre shows on the website pre-cruise, but wouldn't rush given the benefit of hindsight as they are not great. Entertainment in the evening, aside from main theatre, we felt was very good with various instrumental and vocalist acts across the ship.

You will have no problem eating early, as 80% of the ship eats late. On a couple of our evenings, following MDR variant of food and service, we actually wished we had gone to the buffet. The following is another cruiser summary of dining on the same sailing as ours, and it pretty much reflects our own experience:

'The staff are just about polite but that’s it. No friendliness or enthusiasm. Food is canteen level at best...'

Thanks for your replies.

What times were the Theatre Shows please, on Iona and on Britannia.

Of course we don’t know if these will be the same times going forward after the Seacations have finished and we get back to ‘normal’ cruising again. Whatever normal is going to be like now.

3 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Thanks for your replies.

What times were the Theatre Shows please, on Iona and on Britannia.

Of course we don’t know if these will be the same times going forward after the Seacations have finished and we get back to ‘normal’ cruising again. Whatever normal is going to be like now.

The main shows are 6.30, 8.30 and 10.30 and were the same pre pandemic.

2 hours ago, Cathygh said:

The main shows are 6.30, 8.30 and 10.30 and were the same pre pandemic.

Is that Britannia please? We were on 2017 or 2018 and there were only 2 shows a night, but it was a Strictly cruise.

21 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Is that Britannia please? We were on 2017 or 2018 and there were only 2 shows a night, but it was a Strictly cruise.

It’s Britannia. We have booked for 3 nights and there were 3 shows each night. The performers will need to lie down in a darkened room by the end of the last show. 

• Like 1

I'm on Iona on September 4th. I'm on deck 15 and have a boarding time of 14:30pm. Parents are on deck 14 and their boarding time is 13:00.

We booked the same cabin grade at the same time via the same phone call and linked our bookings. Foolishly we assumed this would mean our cabins would be close together. 

P&O's logic has left us thoroughly confused.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cariad21 said:

I'm on Iona on September 4th. I'm on deck 15 and have a boarding time of 14:30pm. Parents are on deck 14 and their boarding time is 13:00.

We booked the same cabin grade at the same time via the same phone call and linked our bookings. Foolishly we assumed this would mean our cabins would be close together. 

P&O's logic has left us thoroughly confused.

Does seem strange. Are their cabins possibly just below yours? Sometimes cabins on different decks are closer that ones on the same deck. 

On 8/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, amajaa said:

For the theatre shows you can book before you board on the po website where you do the online check in and things. I could only book for the first two nights but was able to book the third night once on board. 

3 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Does seem strange. Are their cabins possibly just below yours? Sometimes cabins on different decks are closer that ones on the same deck. 

Nope, I'm in 15458 and parents are 14301.

Not too bothered really. It just means extra steps to work off all the cake we'll be sampling 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We're on Iona. Deck 15, arrival time of 12:00.

Funny old world. Yesterday, cabin allocated on board, arrival 16.00. Had a look today. Cabin allocated on deck 10, arrival time 13.15 and booked three evening shows. This is for Iona.🤔.

To save anyone calculating.

16.00-13.15= -2.85 hours earlier 🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1